Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Unread 01-29-2003, 01:07 AM   #1
Celine
Remember me?

Skies of Arcadia Legends

If you have a Gamecube, you should buy this game. If you don't have a Gamecube, you should buy one, and then buy this game. It just came out. I recommend it to everyone who likes RPGs!

It's a remake of the original Dreamcast game- but they added new characters and subplots. Almost everyone in it is a pirate! I have complete faith in this game to be fantastic since the original was amazing, and easily one of my favorite games. A lot of people missed it on the DC, so now is your opportunity to play it! Seriously, it is fantastic! ^_^

I pre-ordered my copy and I can't wait to give it a try... not to mention, to find out some info on the character I'm cosplaying. XD I am so bad, doing a character who I know nothing about! Heh.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-29-2003, 01:39 AM   #2
herominus
Grammaton Cleric

Ahhhhh I remember that game on Dreamcast. It was cool flying around in that ship and going "Arrrrrrr" in real life.

I like muffins.
herominus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 01:46 AM   #3
Rey-Rey
Cause And Effect

It was one of the best RPGs I've played in recent memory (Skies for DreamCast). Definitely worth it for the Cube.
Rey-Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 12:34 PM   #4
JoeBoeing
Man Kitty

Greetings,

I hope that you know that Nintendo made Sega take out all booze refrences and other things (can't remember any more then that off hand). Oh, and they toned down the difficulty level.

FRom,
Joe
JoeBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 12:38 PM   #5
Rey-Rey
Cause And Effect

Heh. That shouldn't detract from the gameplay. Besides, Skies was all about THE ADVENTURE. Big deal if Drachma can't drink alcohol. *shrugs*
Rey-Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 12:42 PM   #6
John Booty
The Waffle Truth

Pirates? Pirates with ships full of... full of.... Booty? ^__^

I'll probably pick this game up at some point. SoA was awesome but I thought there were too many random battles, and the random battles have been reduced in frequency in the new version, I've heard.

Also, I really love the new character designs, like the one that Celine's doing.

Last edited by John Booty : 01-29-2003 at 12:44 PM.
John Booty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 12:56 PM   #7
BannSidhe

Quote:
Originally posted by John Booty
Pirates? Pirates with ships full of... full of.... Booty? ^__^

I'll probably pick this game up at some point. SoA was awesome but I thought there were too many random battles, and the random battles have been reduced in frequency in the new version, I've heard.

Also, I really love the new character designs, like the one that Celine's doing.
I'll make sure to put a blank game cd in for you too Booty!
BannSidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 01:12 PM   #8
Celine
Remember me?

Quote:
Originally posted by John Booty
Yes, I've heard this as well. If it's true, then YAY!!! The random battles were insane- maybe even more insane than FF9. I guess the reason it was so frustrating was because the battles weren't that challenging and weren't that interesting (Lambda Burst is the happiest attack ever).

>Also, I really love the new character designs, like the one that Celine's doing.

I'm not a fan of freakish blue-ponytail woman, but the others look pretty good. Evil Aika is awesome with the black outfit and purple hair. XD

>I hope that you know that Nintendo made Sega take out all booze refrences and other things

I don't even remember there being much alcohol or anything objectionable in the game in the first place. As long as they've left Bellena's dancing outfit intact, all is still good with the world. ^_^ And, hey, Star Ocean was devoid of alcohol (your characters drank "tea" if they were old enough) and still a great game!
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 01:24 PM   #9
Lil Dreamer
The 3rd man

Quote:
Originally posted by Celine

I don't even remember there being much alcohol or anything objectionable in the game in the first place. As long as they've left Bellena's dancing outfit intact, all is still good with the world. ^_^ And, hey, Star Ocean was devoid of alcohol (your characters drank "tea" if they were old enough) and still a great game!
yeah, and in Grandia, your characters weren't old enough to drink coffee and go to a coffee house. lol

Nipple.
Today, I killed my best friend. -Battle Royale
www.TheRageReborn.com
Lil Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 01:39 PM   #10
John Booty
The Waffle Truth

Yeah, I don't mind a lot of random battles, as long as they're fun/random/interesting!
John Booty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 05:44 PM   #11
Yautja834
Everybody dance!!!

Ive been raving about this game since i found out it was comming to the GC. I was one of the unfortunate people who missed out on it on DC, im so glad its comming to gamecube.
Yautja834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2003, 12:29 AM   #12
ChibiMoFo

I wonder how much is really different though, I'm debating hiding my DC copy and convincing my roomie to go by it for her cube >:D
ChibiMoFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2003, 06:23 AM   #13
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

....Hahaha I feel terrible for bringing up a three month old thread, but um.. yeah. It'd be silly to make a new one.

I borrowed this from my friend the other night, and have 16 hours on it so far. I didn't get a Dreamcast til it was dying, so I never got in on this RPG.. Yay for re-releases! I lovelovelove it though.. Sega makes happy RPGs. Where are all the other players? ;.;

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Central in Rosemont, IL (May 16-18)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2003, 07:45 AM   #14
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> Where are all the other players? ;.;

There aren't a whole lot, sadly... I got Kham hooked on it, and that is the extent of my success in dragging people to play SoA. =)

But yes, more people should play this game, it's amazing. I bought a gamecube just for it! (which is not unprecedented as I bought my N64 for Ocarina and my PSY for SuikoIII.)

I'm about to start on a new costume from the GC release too... ^_^ took me 29 hours of gameplay to get my screenshot, but, oh, the sweet taste of victory!
Unread 04-12-2003, 09:32 AM   #15
Sami
» star*stealing girl

I just got this game last weekend and I LOVE it! ^__________^ (despite my lack of ability to pilot my air pirate ship) I was so surprised to see it at Gamestop so I HAD to have it.. hopefully I'll be able to play more this weekend.

I want to cosplay! But I don't know who!! G'AH!!!
Sami is offline   Reply With Quote