Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Yaoi-Con

Unread 09-09-2005, 11:06 PM   #1
blackfruitbat
Must've been my evil twin

So, what do you do when...

Hello everyone. I'm a Bay Area local who has recently been thinking about giving YaoiCon a shot this year. The only thing is... absolutely none of my friends are into it. As in, anything remotely anime or yaoi-related (how this is possible, I have no idea). So the main purpose of me creating this board is this:

Is there anyone out there who needs someone to just... go with? Either just as a buddy, or even a fellow cosplayer? This would be my first con ever, so I'd probably be bumbling around lost if I went alone. I can get to the location by myself easily enough, but I'd rather go along with someone who either knows their way around already, or who's also a completely new con-go'er and needs someone to explore with.

Anyway, I figured I'd put this out there early(ish). I'd really, really like to go this year, and the only thing holding me back is the fact that I'll be completely lost by myself. So if anybody is interested, or if you feel like messaging me to chat or something, just send a PM over. I'd definitely like to meet some other Bay Area locals who share similar interests, because they are literally extinct where I am. At least, I have yet to meet any fans.

So, yeah... (to finish off the title) I'm trying to figure out what you do when you want to go to a con, but need someone to go with because attending by yourself would probably end up disastrous. ^^;

(Oh, and if this type of board isn't allowed: please let me know, and I apologize in advance.)
blackfruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-10-2005, 12:19 AM   #2
kujaeidolon
Angelic Bad Boy

Are you a cosplayer? If so, who do you cosplay? There are a lot of groups that will randomly meet.
There's a hole in your soul like an animal..."
-Depeche Mode, "A Pain That I'm Used To"
kujaeidolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2005, 12:57 AM   #3
blackfruitbat

Actually, I have done a bit of cosplaying. While I haven't been to a con before, my friend (who sadly moved to LA last november, and who was the one friend that liked this kind of stuff too) and I did characters from gravitation, lord of the rings, X, and sailor moon during the past four Halloweens. But I can always try something new, too.
Unread 09-10-2005, 09:02 PM   #4
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

Chances are I'll be by myself, and there will probably be a few people by themself.

It's not hard to make friends at Yaoi-con.
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2005, 09:33 PM   #5
Leishu

I don't think it's hard to make friends before Yaoi-con either. Just gotta be careful of those obnoxious people...

...like me.

Anyway, Hi. I'm Lin. ^^ I'm a wanna-bishie.
Leishu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2005, 02:24 AM   #6
blackfruitbat

Winterwhisper: True, but the trick is tracking down the people who will be alone, yeah? And I agree: making friends shouldn't be too hard. For me, it will be the navigating and such, because I can get lost at these types of things pretty easily. ^^;

Leishu: XD Luckily, “obnoxious” people don’t usually bother me. And if they’re nice/share similar interests/friendly... heck, then they really don’t bother me. Quite the opposite, actually. But anyway, hello, and nice to meet you.
Unread 09-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #7
kenseikishi
lithe panther wildness

What days/times are you going?

Join the Guilty Gear group (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=64236)! ^_^ I'll probably be Anji
kenseikishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2005, 06:13 PM   #8
Leishu

I was told to cosplay a GGX2 character...

The Nun with the Yoyo, I believe. ^_^

I think my costume list for Yaoi con is quite full, though, as I'm still trying to figure how to put a goth kitti spin on Kurapika ^^
Unread 09-11-2005, 07:13 PM   #9
kenseikishi
lithe panther wildness

That would be Bridget. If you do get around to cosplaying him, feel free to stop by our thread =D

What other costumes do you plan on bringing?
kenseikishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2005, 11:32 PM   #10
kujaeidolon
Angelic Bad Boy

Oh, if you're Buri-kun, I'm going as Kuro Ky! We can see each other at the gathering ^_^
There's a hole in your soul like an animal..."
-Depeche Mode, "A Pain That I'm Used To"
kujaeidolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2005, 11:53 PM   #11
blackfruitbat

kenseikishi: Actually, I do not know which days I'm going yet (haven't yet registered, as things are still up in the air). But if I wind up going, I'd definitely love to go all three days. Sadly, I do not know much of Guilty Gear, ^^; however I suppose anything is a possibility?
Unread 09-12-2005, 12:24 AM   #12
Leishu

I've been told to do Bridgette since last August and I first played GGX2... four days ago. ^^;

So yeah. Not at Yaoi-con unless one of those fun people lined up to dress me up decides she has a Bridgette outfit somewhere (It's okay, I can't yoyo anyway), but maybe at next Fanime.

Edit: Here is my list of costumes:

1: Goth Kitti does school: It's me in a Seifuku with cat-ears. If you check my profile, that's the seifuku.

2: Goth Kitti does... goth kitti: Me in a furry mini and furry top with... yes... cat ears.

3: Kurapika, maybe.

4: Goth Kitti Does Soubi (From Loveless). Young Soubi, actually. Me, Leather fur coat, leather pants, whip marks on my back, glasses, bandages around neck. You get the idea

5: Goth Kitti does Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist (This is my auction outfit, assuming I get accepted into said auction): Well it's a gothic take on Ed. Black vinyl mandarin coat with red vinyl alchemists' symbol. Red Vinyl pants. Undetermined shirt. Fun shoes. Some surprises, for sure. ^___^

Yes, Lin = Goth Kitti and Me = Lin. ^_^

Last edited by Leishu : 09-12-2005 at 12:27 AM.
Unread 09-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #13
Caelque
These are too short T_T

Where exactly in the bay area are you? And if you do want to chat feel free to AIM me =p
Unread 09-12-2005, 10:45 PM   #14
blackfruitbat

Caelque: I'm over in Marin, actually. And thank you. ^^ If I see you online, I'll drop you an IM.