Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Virginia Cosplay Society

Unread 09-10-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Christmas 2006 gatherings! (VCS 1 year and still going!!)

Ok this x-mas season will be VCS's 1 year anaversary!! I say we have a get together. But i know with everyone seperated and gas being crazy (and not knowing how crazy or how not crazy it will be by x-mas) I say we have smaller regonal gatherings (ie; the charlottesville people have a gatheirng, the Va Beach people, DC people and so on!)
Anyone else like this idea? I know the Charlottesville people have already been debating on a x-mas idea for here but not sure about everyone else. so people who want to throw out ideas on meeting palces and such for their areas go for it. Just remeber one thing most colleges are not out till the second week in december so it would probaly be best to keep that in mind with people coming home and such so others can attend!
Let me knwo when you all decide and ill modify this post with place and gathering info!

Unread 10-18-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
Riji
Everybody Go Go

I say we go to UVa campus. No students will be there and I know a lot of good photoshoot locations.

We weren't ranked #1 in the world for architecture for nothing.
Unread 10-18-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riji
I say we go to UVa campus. No students will be there and I know a lot of good photoshoot locations.

We weren't ranked #1 in the world for architecture for nothing.
I second that!! but what about the original C-ville idea? is it a no go???
Unread 10-18-2005, 09:00 PM   #4
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Angel
I second that!! but what about the original C-ville idea? is it a no go???
Well, if we were to have it, I don't think it'd be in Cville due to the 50 mile rule.
Unread 10-18-2005, 09:03 PM   #5
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Quote:
Well, if we were to have it, I don't think it'd be in Cville due to the 50 mile rule.
Ahhh ok. well im up for anythign as normal! and UVA looks so pretty! are we just gonna ahve a free for all with the costuming? or somehting like last year where we all did EGL / EGA etc.
Unread 10-18-2005, 09:05 PM   #6
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Quote:
Ahhh ok. well im up for anythign as normal! and UVA looks so pretty! are we just gonna ahve a free for all with the costuming? or somehting like last year where we all did EGL / EGA etc.
I'd say a free for all. However I'd rather not walk around with someone in full battle armor. I personally am going to do EGL cause my costumes aren't exactly everyday friendly.
Unread 10-18-2005, 09:12 PM   #7
Bagu
absolutely! umm..what?

Are we doing this in December? I'd be up for coming down and bring some of the DC area folks down.
Bagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2005, 09:14 PM   #8
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagu
Are we doing this in December? I'd be up for coming down and bring some of the DC area folks down.
Yep, December. Last year we had it right before Christmas.
Unread 10-18-2005, 09:17 PM   #9
Gogglegirl
Not a search engine

oh I'd love to come! i'd have to work on my parents letting me come, but I might beable to pull it off If I got a friend to come with me!

Working on Lolita Clothes here and there.
Gogglegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2005, 01:59 AM   #10
Sieneko

Dang I'd love to come, but I'm all the way in Hopewell! Maybe people around the Richmond area can have a gathering, too?
Sieneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2005, 03:25 PM   #11
UnwantedKikyo
Gekkoh

Im in richmond area but i dunno bout people here having a gathering..I know alot are in college and going home for christmas time. >.>; So i might go to the Cville one with riji and starangel. ^^;
-Twilight Sparkle
Come see me at the Head Kandi booth!
UnwantedKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2005, 04:33 PM   #12
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Then maybe the Richmond people who want to come can carpool to Cville. Likewise with the DC people.

Actual timing wise, what would be the best time of day to have the gathering? They usually last for several hours and we don't want it running so late that the people who have come from a long ways away don't get home until the wee hours of the morning. Yet, at the same time, not too early so they can't get here on time.
Unread 10-19-2005, 05:43 PM   #13
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Quote:
Then maybe the Richmond people who want to come can carpool to Cville. Likewise with the DC people.

Actual timing wise, what would be the best time of day to have the gathering? They usually last for several hours and we don't want it running so late that the people who have come from a long ways away don't get home until the wee hours of the morning. Yet, at the same time, not too early so they can't get here on time.
I woudl suggest around 12 noon. That give the peopel who have a hour or two to leave and get to c-ville. For the DC people you owudl not have to leave any earlier then 9am if that probaly later. When e drive to DC for cons it takes us about a hour. Richmond depending on how you drive (Like Riji or like me, lol j/k *ducks from Riji tyring to swing at her* lol) is normaly 1 to 1.5 hours. If we meet at noon or maybe 12:30 that would give us all time to get there i thinnk. What does everyone else think? And for the charlottesville people do we want to carpool like last year? (Wakusei, Riji, and Winter_Knight since I know you, lol)
As for a date of the meet I know I come into town for christmas. Christmas is on a sunday this year so do we want to have it sometime the week before christmas? maybe that friday if peopel dont have to battle work and all?
Unread 10-19-2005, 06:47 PM   #14
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Quote:
I woudl suggest around 12 noon. That give the peopel who have a hour or two to leave and get to c-ville. For the DC people you owudl not have to leave any earlier then 9am if that probaly later. When e drive to DC for cons it takes us about a hour. Richmond depending on how you drive (Like Riji or like me, lol j/k *ducks from Riji tyring to swing at her* lol) is normaly 1 to 1.5 hours. If we meet at noon or maybe 12:30 that would give us all time to get there i thinnk. What does everyone else think? And for the charlottesville people do we want to carpool like last year? (Wakusei, Riji, and Winter_Knight since I know you, lol)
As for a date of the meet I know I come into town for christmas. Christmas is on a sunday this year so do we want to have it sometime the week before christmas? maybe that friday if peopel dont have to battle work and all?
It actually takes me about two hours to get to DC and that's driving pretty fast. I can get to the west side of Richmond in about 45 mins and the south side in just over an hour. This is all depending on traffic of course.

Yeah, carpool will be cool. Everyone can just ride with me like the August gathering if you want.

Noon sounds good.
Unread 11-16-2005, 09:55 PM   #15
Bagu
absolutely! umm..what?

This is going to be an interesting christmas season for movies. Starting soon we'll be on the Harry Potter wagon, and just when that rush begins to die down we'll be hit again with Chronicles of Naria.
Naria just brings so many visions of LOTR again for me...this would be an awesome movie to see with the VCS.
Bagu is offline   Reply With Quote