Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 08-02-2006, 04:23 PM   #16
_goodweather
the last galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie
Awesome! Which characters do you have in mind?
Well, I definitely want to cosplay as Date. ;D Carrying around six swords would be very fun to do, but it would probably take huge amounts of time for me to be able to make them. XD
I also want to cosplay as Chosokabe in the alternate costume (I'm assuming because I can't read the kanji), and maybe try Hanbei as well.

It might be awhile before I start any Sengoku Basara cosplay though.
_goodweather is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-02-2006, 06:28 PM   #17
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _goodweather
Well, I definitely want to cosplay as Date. ;D Carrying around six swords would be very fun to do, but it would probably take huge amounts of time for me to be able to make them. XD
I hope you will get to make them... I've seen some brilliant Masamune cosplayers, but none of them have the swords! So, that would be awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _goodweather
I also want to cosplay as Chosokabe in the alternate costume (I'm assuming because I can't read the kanji), and maybe try Hanbei as well.

It might be awhile before I start any Sengoku Basara cosplay though.
That's an impressive list! I love Chosokabe's design. Good luck with them!!

Oh! And I found this list, which I thought might be useful to people making the awkward transition from Japanese version to English version...

ENGLISH NAME - JAPANESE NAME
Devil King - Nobunaga Oda
Azure Dragon - Masamune Date
Scorpio - Yukimura Sanada
Venus - Kasuga
Lady Butterfly - Lady Noh
Red Minotaur - Shingen Takeda
Frost - Kenshin Uesugi
Talon - Sasuke Sarutobi
Hornet - Ranmaru Mori
Puff - Itsuki
Q-Ball - Xavier
Iron Ox - Tadakatsu Honda
Reaper - Mitsuhide Akechi
Lark - Toshiie Maeda
Bramble - Matsu
Zaan - Yoshihiro Shimazu
Irdene - Ieyasu Tokugawa
Orwik - Ujimasa Hojo
Kahz - Motonari Mouri
Muri - Yoshimoto Imagawa
Arslan - Motochika Chosokabe
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 12:51 PM   #18
RIKISHIBANZAI

Man, I love this game. It's so badas and nuts, makes me and my friends want to cosplay it just for the sake of showing it off.

Then again, I'm kinda overweight, and there's not enough supply of fat character cool enough to be cosplayed. And then we saw Zabi/Xavi/Q-Ball, and I said "Hey, this might be crazy enough to work".

However, we didn't stop there. We also thought about the presentation, and then all eyes on me for playing Zabi, I need to be the showstopper!!!
"Swinging fake swords at each other is so old, why not explode stuffs, eh Zabi? Maybe some fireworks? We'll be a sure hit! And after we win, more fireworks!""

Yeah right, saying like it's easy. That was like last week, and in just one week of research I found one huge obstacle.

It cost a fortune! I mean really, my fortune if I have one! Fireworks sure ain't cheap, and the bazooka/container must fit the job to not fall apart, so it must be EXTRA HEAVY! What am I, Hondam?

And then there's safety concern, I don't wanna end up in hospital cause I stupidly burn my face. For the fireworks people to be there by my side, that cost more money.

My team are still preparing Basara 2, and they seem to be enjoying themselves so I don't wanna bother them by dropping out. Zabiis clothes are simple enough, except for the ammo container. But it wouldn't be as much fun without the fireworks, they say...

So now I ask, is it possible? Or should I just go simple?
RIKISHIBANZAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #19
cherryteagirl5
MOE MOE KYUN~!!

Yay!!
Thanks for the character list Melanie!!
I love the character designs of this game. I've recently finished my Puff/Itsuki costume this summer. And my bf was Hornet/Ranmaru Mori, also my other friend was Lady Butterfly/Lady Nor.
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...3&member=14937
cherryteagirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #20
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIKISHIBANZAI
My team are still preparing Basara 2, and they seem to be enjoying themselves so I don't wanna bother them by dropping out. Zabiis clothes are simple enough, except for the ammo container. But it wouldn't be as much fun without the fireworks, they say...

So now I ask, is it possible? Or should I just go simple?
I think he'd be just as spectacular without special effects! Heh, he scared the hell out of me the first time I saw him in-game with all those bullets down his front!

So yeah, I'd go with simple. I mean, how often would you let the fireworks go anyway? Most people are going to see you and take photos of you while you're not on fire, so personally, I would put more money into the costume itself, rather than outlay so much on a one-off gimmick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryteagirl5
Yay!!
Thanks for the character list Melanie!!
I love the character designs of this game. I've recently finished my Puff/Itsuki costume this summer. And my bf was Hornet/Ranmaru Mori, also my other friend was Lady Butterfly/Lady Nor.
You all look great! Are you planning to cosplay more characters in the future?

I've got all my fabrics together for Muri/Yoshimoto. Yay! Now, I just have to get around to making him... so much orange, it hurts!
Unread 08-11-2006, 03:19 AM   #21
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

You and your orange Melanie! haha

There any Aqua lycra up north? Cause my spotlight sucks and doesn't have any <.<;;;;;

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 07:50 AM   #22
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asha-Morgan
There any Aqua lycra up north? Cause my spotlight sucks and doesn't have any <.<;;;;;
Of course there is! I was actually looking at it today, 'cause it's on special at the moment. We need to go shopping!!
Unread 08-11-2006, 08:53 AM   #23
Asha-Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie
Of course there is! I was actually looking at it today, 'cause it's on special at the moment. We need to go shopping!!
Excellent! We do need to go shopping! ^-^

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Unread 08-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #24
Melanie

Yes, indeed we do. I'm tearing my hair out over this stupid orange fabric at the moment! >_<

I've bought two different lots of damask, both of which I've failed to dye the right shade of orange. So, I'm thinking of trying a different fabric. *sigh* Damask is probably too heavy for what Muri wears anyway...

Do you think that Thai silk would be too ostentatious? I know, it's Muri, and he is really out there, but as a costume going to a relatively small con... is it too much? Or, should I just settle for a nice, plain cotton?

In happier news, I've begun making his awesome hat!
Unread 08-20-2006, 08:48 AM   #25
Melanie

Bleh... I decided to get the Thai silk and see how it goes.

Hey Asha, since you've already got the makings for Hornet, and I have the makings for Muri... did you want to do those two as a duo? Heh, best fight skit ever! I'll go hide in the corner and cry.
Unread 08-26-2006, 09:05 AM   #26
Asha-Morgan

"Hey Muri! I can still shoot you from over here! ;P "
heh that would be interesting! We need some good skits [you know what I mean *nods*] But yesh. If you want to we can do them together.

In other news. I found some icicle things in my supplies. They could work for some things on Frost *nods*

Question
Should I get a wet look lycra or the normal type? [for Frost] He has that ice water theme going, so I don't know...or would that be too much...since of what im doing with the coat?

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Unread 08-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #27
Melanie

Quote:
"Hey Muri! I can still shoot you from over here! ;P "
heh that would be interesting! We need some good skits [you know what I mean *nods*] But yesh. If you want to we can do them together.
Somebody help!! Muri in danger!

Well, I'm good with whatever you want to do... I just thought since we've already outlaid money on fabrics for those two, we may as well do them and think about other characters later.

Quote:
Should I get a wet look lycra or the normal type? [for Frost] He has that ice water theme going, so I don't know...or would that be too much...since of what im doing with the coat?
Noooo! Not wet-look! I think it will be too much. Contrast is goooood!
Unread 08-27-2006, 05:56 PM   #28
Valgaav_Xellos
King of Wu!

So I totally started playing this game, and have fallen in love with Azure Dragon. ^_^; He's an awesome character and now a possible future cosplay xDDD

Can't wait for the second one to come out~ <3

Cosplays... COMING SOON.
Valgaav_Xellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2006, 10:31 PM   #29
Melanie

The sequel looks a million times better than the first! And it's completely awesome that they've kept the same character designs - our costumes won't be out-dated!

Glad to see you've been lured over, Valgaav!
Unread 08-31-2006, 02:26 PM   #30
SuzukaZakuro

Hellooo thread!

MadameSolaris and Myself have been looking into Sengoku Basara for a little while, and we definitely want to play the game and cosplay from it! I haven't found a copy of the game at any of my local game stores, so we broke down and bought Sengoku Basara (Devil Kings is the English version?) off of the Internet. SO we should be getting it and cosplaying it sometime in the near future. ( the time period).

I have seen the character designs, and am debating on whom to cosplay as.