Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 09-06-2006, 10:00 AM   #46
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asha-Morgan
hehe-so thats what that noise was! I was wondering about that XD
aw should still finish Muri!
Yeah, I'll finish Muri... I love him too much not to! I started painting up his huge fan today! But I'm going to start getting Kahz's pieces together...

Quote:
Whats ol Mask/whip guys name? anyone know? I would love to do him or Nagamasa next ^-^
I believe he is Takenaka Hanbei... but he'll have a different name in the English release - if there's an English release. -_-;;

I got a preview for SB2 on a dvd that came with one of the artbooks, and he fights with a whip-sword like Ivy's from Soul Calibur. You'll have to see it!!!
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-08-2006, 09:42 PM   #47
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

yes! Hanbei is awesome! >D and I love his voice actor! Yay for Akira Ishida lol.
Theres too many cool people in Sengoku Basara for me to pick just one >__>

For Shingen Takeda's head piece, what would be the best way to construct them? I'm leaning towards using foam perhaps, insulation foam and covering them. I'm hoping its light enough that it can stay on the headpiece and still go up and stay up.

lol, any suggestions on how I can get some good facial hair? I think drawn on facial hair is too funny and unrealistic, and I know as much of a gag costume this is, I still want to make it look good and presentable XD

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2006, 03:52 AM   #48
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-kun
For Shingen Takeda's head piece, what would be the best way to construct them? I'm leaning towards using foam perhaps, insulation foam and covering them. I'm hoping its light enough that it can stay on the headpiece and still go up and stay up.
If I were making his headdress, I'd carve the horns out of a nice, dense foam. Taxidermy foam is incredibly strong for how light it is.

Or maybe, to a lesser extent, expanda-foam (the kind you can buy from hardware stores) would also work!

Quote:
lol, any suggestions on how I can get some good facial hair? I think drawn on facial hair is too funny and unrealistic, and I know as much of a gag costume this is, I still want to make it look good and presentable XD
There are a lot of costume stores online that sell a huge range of beards and moustaches. I'll have a look around and see if I can find any that are simliar to Shingen's. Makes me wish I could do a character with manly facial hair!

Heh, I think I'll be drawing Yoshimoto's moustache on (along with eyebrows )... I really don't think he could grow one of his own.
Unread 09-09-2006, 09:50 AM   #49
sheshechan
Shelby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie
There are a lot of costume stores online that sell a huge range of beards and moustaches. I'll have a look around and see if I can find any that are simliar to Shingen's. Makes me wish I could do a character with manly facial hair!

Heh, I think I'll be drawing Yoshimoto's moustache on (along with eyebrows )... I really don't think he could grow one of his own.
Dude. The mustache info will come in handy when I do Zhuge Liang... thanks Melanie ^_^

*sorry it's Valgaav_xellos, logged into the wrong username*

magfest
katsucon
digital overload
otakon
anime usa
sheshechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2006, 10:13 AM   #50
Melanie

*runs in*

Ahh! I was just looking through some cosplay sites for inspiration, when I found this one -

http://oboro422.fc2web.com/photo4/sengoku.htm

This group has almost the entire cast! Their Lady Butterfly is particularly impressive!
Unread 09-26-2006, 06:11 PM   #51
SuzukaZakuro

Quote:
I'm seeing you as a Bramble/Matsu girl.

Aww... why oh why am I stranded in Australia?! Muri wants to cosplay with a group who can all pick on him! *laughs* In the meantime, my costume is coming along most awesomely!
I did finally get my Devil Kings copy, and I really enjoy it! (Although the names make me giggle.) I saw Bramble/Matsu during one campaign or another, and I instantly fell in love with that costume. And how she kept running from who I was controlling at the time SO reminded me of my play style for other games. Nice call on that, my dear!

Devil Kings is, unfortunately, going to be a little while off for me, but I do want to cosplay as Matsu sometime. MadameSolaris and myself wanted to get a system that plays Japanese games (of course not doing anything illegal. *shifty eyes*), and if Sengoku BASARA 2 isn't coming out in English, we may have to even more seriously consider it. I adore Oichi's design.

Do you happen to be at a point where we can see some progress on Muri? I always love looking at your work!

EDIT-I missed the above posted link! That's an awesome cosplay group! ^_____^
Unread 09-26-2006, 07:19 PM   #52
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukaZakuro
I did finally get my Devil Kings copy, and I really enjoy it! (Although the names make me giggle.) I saw Bramble/Matsu during one campaign or another, and I instantly fell in love with that costume. And how she kept running from who I was controlling at the time SO reminded me of my play style for other games. Nice call on that, my dear!
*spooky music* That's awesome!!

Oh! If you do cosplay Matsu, I sooooo want to Photoshop my Kessen Toshiie in a pic with you!

Quote:
Devil Kings is, unfortunately, going to be a little while off for me, but I do want to cosplay as Matsu sometime. MadameSolaris and myself wanted to get a system that plays Japanese games (of course not doing anything illegal. *shifty eyes*), and if Sengoku BASARA 2 isn't coming out in English, we may have to even more seriously consider it. I adore Oichi's design.
I really hope that it does come out in English - only not as hobbled as the first! From the previews I've seen, it looks awesome! Yes, I too must do something with my PS2... I've been borrowing my brother's to play my other Japanese games.

Ah! I should see if I can get the video sequence of Toshiie and Matsu from the preview disk to you somehow! It has some great shots of the costumes!

Quote:
Do you happen to be at a point where we can see some progress on Muri? I always love looking at your work!
Aww! Just for you, I've taken a pic of how he looks at this very moment. Playing the part of Muri today is a plushie tomato -
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...i-cosplay1.jpg

I'm going to have to remake the hat, because I'm not happy with how short it is, but I wanted to show off my spikes!
Unread 09-26-2006, 08:09 PM   #53
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

Wow powering on! Muri Looks Great!
I have to get myself into gear and start on Frost...[Had cosplay block + work!]

Those other cosplayers look cool!

Oh and BTW I was looking at the Basara Site yesturday and some characters have new costumes!

http://www3.capcom.co.jp/sengoku2/

Azure Dragon loses his helmut! =O

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2006, 09:01 PM   #54
Melanie

Quote:
Wow powering on! Muri Looks Great!
I have to get myself into gear and start on Frost...[Had cosplay block + work!]
He does?! That doesn't sound right. Yes, you must get Frost or that purple guy happening!!

Quote:
Oh and BTW I was looking at the Basara Site yesturday and some characters have new costumes!
Umm... how can I say something not mean about those second costumes? I sort of like Ranmaru's... it's probably my favourite out of them. Hahaha! What is Mitsuhide doing?! XD XD
Unread 09-27-2006, 01:48 AM   #55
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

XDDD I cant believe someone is actually doing Muri lol. That guy had an annoying VA for the english ver @__@ll he sounds so much better in japanese lol.

man, i have so much stuff im working on. I'm juggling sengoku basara costume and samurai warriors 2 costume. I almost got confused drafting the pattern for my brothers Yukimura costumes lol.

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2006, 08:05 AM   #56
Melanie

Quote:
XDDD I cant believe someone is actually doing Muri lol. That guy had an annoying VA for the english ver @__@ll he sounds so much better in japanese lol.
Let it be known that I am a monumental idiot - and I'll be shaving my eyebrows off to prove it! XD

Aww, I love his English voice - Shadow Gorge is what makes the game worth playing! His Japanese voice doesn't make me laugh as much! XD

Quote:
man, i have so much stuff im working on. I'm juggling sengoku basara costume and samurai warriors 2 costume. I almost got confused drafting the pattern for my brothers Yukimura costumes lol.
Ah! I totally understand... as nice as it is to tell yourself 'one costume at a time', it never happens.
Unread 10-01-2006, 12:04 PM   #57
SuzukaZakuro

Quote:
*spooky music* That's awesome!!

Oh! If you do cosplay Matsu, I sooooo want to Photoshop my Kessen Toshiie in a pic with you!

I really hope that it does come out in English - only not as hobbled as the first! From the previews I've seen, it looks awesome! Yes, I too must do something with my PS2... I've been borrowing my brother's to play my other Japanese games.

Ah! I should see if I can get the video sequence of Toshiie and Matsu from the preview disk to you somehow! It has some great shots of the costumes!

Aww! Just for you, I've taken a pic of how he looks at this very moment. Playing the part of Muri today is a plushie tomato -
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...i-cosplay1.jpg

I'm going to have to remake the hat, because I'm not happy with how short it is, but I wanted to show off my spikes!
Ooo! I should just start leaving a spot open for you when I do KOEI cosplay!

I'd love to see the video sequence, but if you can't get it, that's perfectly understandable.

That plushie tomato is so cute! Moving right along to the costume, I'm always impressed with your detail work. Those spikes look awesome, as is usual.
Unread 10-02-2006, 02:28 AM   #58
Melanie

Quote:
Ooo! I should just start leaving a spot open for you when I do KOEI cosplay!
Yay! That would be seriously awesome!

I've been trying out my Photoshopping abilities, but I've only been game enough to put this one up in my gallery. The pic of me is recent, the pic of my brother is from a year ago. Some of the trees behind me look a bit weird, but no one's said anything... yet!

So yeah, an international photo merge would be brilliant!!

Quote:
I'd love to see the video sequence, but if you can't get it, that's perfectly understandable.
I'll see if I can turn it into an avi, or at least get some captures from it.

Quote:
That plushie tomato is so cute! Moving right along to the costume, I'm always impressed with your detail work. Those spikes look awesome, as is usual.
Thank you! Yeah, my poor little plushie gets to wear all sorts of weird things.

I've fixed the hat. But now I'm worried it's too tall! Sooo... Muri's getting closer to completion, with the exception of his fan. I keep changing my mind how I want to make it. X_x

*laughs* I had to buy some make-up for him the other day. I felt like a big girl! But yay, red eyeshadow!!!

As soon as he's done, I'll be starting work on Kahz. I scored some gorgeous green damask for cheap, so I'm very happy!

Last edited by Melanie : 10-02-2006 at 02:32 AM.
Unread 10-02-2006, 05:07 PM   #59
SuzukaZakuro

I've seen the picture of you and your brother as Toshiie and Keiji, but I did not know it was photoshopped. I still can't really tell, even with the flaws pointed out to me. o_O Fantastic! I said KOEI, because Devil King (Capcom, yes?)cosplay in the future is a tad hazy, but I do know I'll be staying with the KOEI titles.

Thank you, I would like to see even some captures.

When in doubt about a part of a cosume, it can't hurt to go bigger, can it? I know, I know. Accuracy. :P On the makeup subject, I loooove accurate to the character makeup...although sometimes it doesn't come out in pictures. x_o (I've got pink all over my eyes as Oichi, I swear!)

Yay, cheap damask! Especially yay if it's the *perfect* color. Once, we bought some fabric we thought was black with the perfect pattern for a certain costume (Xing Cai) only to take it home and find out that it's brown in the sunlight.
Unread 10-02-2006, 06:31 PM   #60
Valgaav_Xellos
King of Wu!

Melanie- Oh how I adore that Keiji costume. @_@ The hair is PERFECT. Almost makes me want to cosplay him.

But I am ridiculously too small and frail to pull off Keiji LOL.

Cosplays... COMING SOON.
Valgaav_Xellos is offline   Reply With Quote