Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 10-03-2006, 04:37 AM   #61
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukaZakuro
I've seen the picture of you and your brother as Toshiie and Keiji, but I did not know it was photoshopped. I still can't really tell, even with the flaws pointed out to me. o_O Fantastic! I said KOEI, because Devil King (Capcom, yes?)cosplay in the future is a tad hazy, but I do know I'll be staying with the KOEI titles.
Thank you! I hope I'll be able to do even better next time (and with better company than my brother!) *laughs* I group poor Devil Kings in with all the Koei games, too. Aww... it'll never be a title of its own.

Quote:
Thank you, I would like to see even some captures.
Yay! I've got captures for you! *attached* I forgot she did an anime heroine type transformation from housewife to warrior, so I got some good angles of her costume. *giggles* She also has a fight with Muri, so I got some captures for myself.

Quote:
When in doubt about a part of a cosume, it can't hurt to go bigger, can it? I know, I know. Accuracy. :P
*laughs* I've been arguing the accuracy thing with myself, but I have such a fat face, I'm thinking a taller hat might make my face look a bit thinner like his.

Quote:
On the makeup subject, I loooove accurate to the character makeup...although sometimes it doesn't come out in pictures. x_o (I've got pink all over my eyes as Oichi, I swear!)
Oh! You're right - the camera doesn't pick your pink up at all!

Quote:
Yay, cheap damask! Especially yay if it's the *perfect* color. Once, we bought some fabric we thought was black with the perfect pattern for a certain costume (Xing Cai) only to take it home and find out that it's brown in the sunlight.
Oh yes, it's the perfect colour! Although, when I unfolded it to marvel at it, I found out why it was so cheap. -_-;; It was folded in half on the roll, and there is a thin sunbleached line were the fold was! But I should be able to work around it... I hope!

Ah! Brown fabric that looks black is eeeevil! So is that awful dark navy. Honestly, who buys those colours intentionally?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaav_Xellos
Melanie- Oh how I adore that Keiji costume. @_@ The hair is PERFECT. Almost makes me want to cosplay him.

But I am ridiculously too small and frail to pull off Keiji LOL.
Thank you! That wig was a lot of fun to make... I pulled apart two (or maybe it was three? I can't remember!) wigs to get the right amount of hair for it. XD

Oh, you should cosplay Keiji, don't let size stop you! I'm only 5'3" myself, and I've cosplayed big boys without any problems. We're talking medieval Japan here, so he was probably tiny by modern standards anyway!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Matsu1.jpg (26.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Matsu2.jpg (31.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Matsu3.jpg (33.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Matsu4.jpg (36.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Matsu5.jpg (30.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Melanie : 10-03-2006 at 11:05 AM.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-03-2006, 04:39 AM   #62
Melanie

And more pics of Matsu/Bramble...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Matsu6.jpg (37.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Matsu7.jpg (38.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Matsu8.jpg (52.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Matsu9.jpg (46.6 KB, 0 views)
Unread 10-03-2006, 09:06 PM   #63
Valgaav_Xellos
King of Wu!

Melanie- Haha, I suppose you have a good point there. Then it's a question if I wanna do SW Keiji or Sengoku Keiji

Cosplays... COMING SOON.
Valgaav_Xellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #64
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

XD we need more Samurai Warriors Keiji's lol. I'm dead determined to style a Keiji wig, even if its means I have to cosplay as keiji myself XDDDD;;

now onwards to the reason why I'm posting @__@

I went to joanns today and couldnt pass off the $3 a/yard sale for some red pleather >D which I've been meaning to use for my brothers Scorpio costume. I've been hunting down reference pictures and playing the game like crazy to get as much accuracy details as I can.

Right now, I'm just working on his jacket and I'm sure Scorpio will most likely take awhile before its completed since I still have my own Red Minatour costume and several other Tsubasa costumes to worry about >D might as well get a head start lol!

but yes, onto the jacket.

So far, I figured to have his collars stand up like crazy I would need to use interfacing, but as we all know interfacing is white, should I go ahead and line the entire jacket red as well? (its already red vinyl/pleather) to begin with and I'm sure he can deal with the weather >D but I have never lined vinyl/pleather before @__@ll and I'm hoping the outcome would still be the same nonetheless.

Another thing, Scorpio/Yukimura has some triangle studs on his jacket thats adnormally huge compared to the normal studs I'm used to see on pyramid stud belts, should I go ahead and scult them out with sculpy clay and how would I make it stick to the jacket? And how should I go about the long black lines on his jacket as well? They seem to puff out and I want to make it as detail accurate as possible and yes, I want them to puff out and not just be painted on. Should I use sculpy as well? but the thing is, he would be bending and flexing his arm, I'm afraid the sculpy clay (even after being baked) would chip off or something. Should I just go ahead and experiment with pipping? o_O

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2006, 07:41 PM   #65
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-kun
So far, I figured to have his collars stand up like crazy I would need to use interfacing, but as we all know interfacing is white, should I go ahead and line the entire jacket red as well? (its already red vinyl/pleather) to begin with and I'm sure he can deal with the weather >D but I have never lined vinyl/pleather before @__@ll and I'm hoping the outcome would still be the same nonetheless.
Lining pleather is horrible! X_x Personally, I would line the entire jacket, just because of its design. It will look a LOT nicer, but then, it will also take you a very long time to do.

When lining pleather, it's not the actual sewing of the lining onto it that causes the problem... it's the sewing around the edges after the lining has gone in. I find that hand-sewing it and then machine sewing over the top makes it sit beautifully.

Quote:
Another thing, Scorpio/Yukimura has some triangle studs on his jacket thats adnormally huge compared to the normal studs I'm used to see on pyramid stud belts, should I go ahead and scult them out with sculpy clay and how would I make it stick to the jacket?
I would look around at some specialty buckle stores first. Gothic shops might stock studs like that? I know they stock huge spikes and other things that I've never seen anywhere else. Also, tannery and leatherwork shops could have what you're looking for?

Otherwise, I'd sculpt ONE pyramid stud, mould it in Plaster of Paris, and then push the Sculpy into the mould for each one, rather than having to carve them all out individually. Also, while the Sculpy is in the mould, push a thumb-tack or split pin into the back of it, so that you not only have something to pull it out by, but you've also got something to anchor it onto the costume with.

Quote:
And how should I go about the long black lines on his jacket as well? They seem to puff out and I want to make it as detail accurate as possible and yes, I want them to puff out and not just be painted on.
Just make them out of thick strips of leather or even satin ribbon... the change in texture from the red pleather will make them stand out. Don't make the costume more complicated than it has to be.

I hope this has helped!

*blargh!* I had to pull apart Muri's headdress yesterday... the spikes were terribly uneven, and it finally got too much for me. I hate this costume! It was supposed to be something simple that I could whip up in a few weeks, and it's turned into an epic.

His boots look great though. Hahahaa! I destroyed the most awesome pair of $90 platforms for them, so they'd want to be great! XP
Unread 10-14-2006, 02:46 AM   #66
Melanie

Yay! Muri should be finished in the next few days... if nothing goes wrong.

Progress pic (don't laugh! XP)- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Junk/Muri2.jpg

*bleh* I'm no good with make-up, and the spikes on my headdress are too high. Both problems I intend to fix as soon as possible. -_-;; I haven't finished his fan either, 'cause I'm still debating how to get all those intricate designs onto it.

Oh! I bought some more makings for Kahz today! I'm not sure if I want to be able to bend my arms in the armour or not. There's a lot of pics of him around with his arms out of the armour when they're bent, so... *shrug*

Last edited by Melanie : 10-15-2006 at 06:24 AM.
Unread 10-19-2006, 02:06 AM   #67
Melanie

Heh, I'm totally talking to myself in this thread...

But just in case anyone is interested, there is a complete pattern for Hanbei's costume (gloves, mask and everything!) in the latest issue of Dengeki Layers.
Unread 10-19-2006, 02:23 AM   #68
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie
Yay! Muri should be finished in the next few days... if nothing goes wrong.

Progress pic (don't laugh! XP)- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Junk/Muri2.jpg

*bleh* I'm no good with make-up, and the spikes on my headdress are too high. Both problems I intend to fix as soon as possible. -_-;; I haven't finished his fan either, 'cause I'm still debating how to get all those intricate designs onto it.

Oh! I bought some more makings for Kahz today! I'm not sure if I want to be able to bend my arms in the armour or not. There's a lot of pics of him around with his arms out of the armour when they're bent, so... *shrug*
zomgee its Muri lol XDDD i love the big giant fan behind you lol. And the makeup looks pretty good

i might have to go and ask my professor what she would suggest when i start construction yukimura's costume. i just havent had alot of time lately but with halloween just around the corner, i've stormed through all the halloween stores looking for random stuff to use. i might pick up 2 scythes and turn them into props for Reaper sooner or later just for the heck of it.

oh! i found giant horn thingies that I could use for Shingen Takeda.

Unread 10-19-2006, 02:35 AM   #69
Melanie

Quote:
zomgee its Muri lol XDDD i love the big giant fan behind you lol. And the makeup looks pretty good
Thanks! #^_^# My mum came home while I was washing my make-up off and she was like, "What ARE you doing?!" XD She laughed at my moustache, the insensitive woman!

Quote:
i might have to go and ask my professor what she would suggest when i start construction yukimura's costume.
Aww, my suggestions weren't any good? Well, good luck with him and I hope your professor will be able to help.

Quote:
i just havent had alot of time lately but with halloween just around the corner, i've stormed through all the halloween stores looking for random stuff to use. i might pick up 2 scythes and turn them into props for Reaper sooner or later just for the heck of it.
*laughs* I was looking at the pair of scythes they had at the shops today with the very same thought! XD

Quote:
oh! i found giant horn thingies that I could use for Shingen Takeda.
Excellent!
Unread 10-19-2006, 02:41 AM   #70
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie
Thanks! #^_^# My mum came home while I was washing my make-up off and she was like, "What ARE you doing?!" XD She laughed at my moustache, the insensitive woman!

Aww, my suggestions weren't any good? Well, good luck with him and I hope your professor will be able to help.

*laughs* I was looking at the pair of scythes they had at the shops today with the very same thought! XD

Excellent!
lol, no your suggestions were good XD im gonna be asking my professor about the studs and armor and whatnot, maybe she knows some places and possibly tools that i can abuse XD;;

Unread 10-26-2006, 07:57 PM   #71
Valgaav_Xellos
King of Wu!

Melanie- Oh my God. You make an awesome Muri! And the makeup looks fine! ^_^ The finished product is going to be crazy awesome, I bet xD

Cosplays... COMING SOON.
Valgaav_Xellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 04:13 AM   #72
Melanie

Aww, thank you! I've finally got the spikes as low as his... and I can't turn my head. XD But that's okay, 'cause they look really good! So yeah, it's finished now!

It's coming into summer here, and that costume is a million degrees to wear... so there won't be any photos for a while! XD

How are your Devil Kings plans coming along?
Unread 10-29-2006, 09:35 AM   #73
Melanie

Quick question. Kahz's helmet - hard or soft?

I've seen so many beautiful Kahz cosplayers let down by plushie helmets, so I'm leaning toward making it out of fibreglass... but my brother swears it should be made out of stuffed vinyl. What do you guys reckon?
Unread 11-01-2006, 09:04 AM   #74
Asha-Morgan
Knight of the Dark Glyphs

hmm I like fibreglass, nice and sturdy, but I guess plush would be easy to transport...*shrugs* maybe try plush first, then if that doesnt work, then use fibreglass?

my two cents...

But yesh, I be started on my two guys now ^^ [lawl Melanie, you and I are both doing Samurai Warriors at AI-Con! Just two different versions XD]

Dr.Soup, Soup Nazi
Asha-Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2006, 03:37 AM   #75
Melanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asha-Morgan
hmm I like fibreglass, nice and sturdy, but I guess plush would be easy to transport...*shrugs* maybe try plush first, then if that doesnt work, then use fibreglass?
Yeah, the transport factor was my argument for plushie. But I want what looks good, not what's easy. *sigh* I think I'll see how heavy the fibreglass works out to be...

I worked out I'm going to need 200+ metres of cord for Kahz's armour! I bought 50 metres today, just to see how little of his armour I can do with that. Eee... this costume is going to be more expensive than I'd planned!

Quote:
But yesh, I be started on my two guys now ^^
Awesomeness! I'm looking forward to seeing both!!

Quote:
[lawl Melanie, you and I are both doing Samurai Warriors at AI-Con! Just two different versions XD]
People are going to think we're obsessed.

EDIT: Waaa! I am in love with this girl! - http://www5.plala.or.jp/cain/cos/200...sara/tika.html

Last edited by Melanie : 11-05-2006 at 07:33 AM.