Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Weekend Atlanta

Unread 09-13-2005, 06:05 PM   #1
TechieCL
MomoCon HeadStaff

Resident Evil / Umbrella Gathering?

Anyone interested in a friday evening (7pm ->) or Sunday Resident Evil gathering / photo-op? I had a blast with my fellows in Umbrella & S.T.A.R.s tac gear roaming about Dragon-Con trolling for pictures and doing .vs photos (we took on Harry Potter Wizards, Jesus, Beetle Juice, Shaun [of the dead], and when I stepped away Stormtroopers)

I noticed their was a lack of people in R.E. cosplay on the Cosplay list thread hoping there's some lurkers...

MomoCon On Tour get your Fan-Fix between conventions. Photoshoots, dances, and more!
TechieCL is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-13-2005, 06:15 PM   #2
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

This si the only con this year I wasnt planning on bringinng a RE cosplay too! since no one seemed to be bringing any RE cosplays. SO gues Im out since I have other stuff I decided to bring instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieCL
Anyone interested in a friday evening (7pm ->) or Sunday Resident Evil gathering / photo-op? I had a blast with my fellows in Umbrella & S.T.A.R.s tac gear roaming about Dragon-Con trolling for pictures and doing .vs photos (we took on Harry Potter Wizards, Jesus, Beetle Juice, Shaun [of the dead], and when I stepped away Stormtroopers)

I noticed their was a lack of people in R.E. cosplay on the Cosplay list thread hoping there's some lurkers...
Unread 09-13-2005, 06:29 PM   #3
mocha
The Original Blikku!

Quote:

Well I could always bring my Jill costume. (The one from the movie) It's funny that I couldn't find that many RE people at Dragon*Con, but I know there's a ton of them. So count me in if you want. ^_^
mocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2005, 06:48 PM   #4
Evali
Catboy Lover

Actually I'm wearing Ada Wong all day on Friday. I'll try to find you guys. =)
Unread 09-13-2005, 11:13 PM   #5
TechieCL
MomoCon HeadStaff

Mocha, what day were you Jill? I was 'recruited' by the other RE people Sat night about 7 or 8pm and again about that time Sunday in the Marriot.

MomoCon On Tour get your Fan-Fix between conventions. Photoshoots, dances, and more!
Unread 09-13-2005, 11:26 PM   #6
mocha
The Original Blikku!

Quote:
Mocha, what day were you Jill? I was 'recruited' by the other RE people Sat night about 7 or 8pm and again about that time Sunday in the Marriot.
Friday and Saturday afternoon. I think by that time I was at the Dawn contest though. I met Kiante at the parade and she was wearing Alice from Apocalypse. Maybe we can get her to join up too. *hinthint*
Unread 09-13-2005, 11:36 PM   #7
Snapes_Wolfie
Ravenclaw Pride

Sure thing! Yall gotta Alice right here then I had planned on bring it anyways but just hadnt decided when to wear it! Just leme know exactly when I should meet yall
Snapes_Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2005, 02:52 PM   #8
TechieCL
MomoCon HeadStaff

Well, I have to work Friday, so I won't be able to get to AWA until 6:30 or 7p. Saturday I'm booked up with two other groups (Ranma 1\2 & Sailormoon).

So I'm up to gather any time after 7pm on Friday or any time at all Sunday.

Unread 09-14-2005, 05:14 PM   #9
mocha
The Original Blikku!

Quote:
Well, I have to work Friday, so I won't be able to get to AWA until 6:30 or 7p. Saturday I'm booked up with two other groups (Ranma 1\2 & Sailormoon).

So I'm up to gather any time after 7pm on Friday or any time at all Sunday.

Yeah I have to work too so either way is fine with me. I plan on participating in the Sailormoon group as well, if I finish my costume in time. I guess Sunday might be best then, you think?
Unread 09-15-2005, 05:34 PM   #10
TechieCL
MomoCon HeadStaff

Hmmm, well Evali is Ada Wong all day Friday. If we set the meet up to be 8pm, that'd give us working folk plenty of time to get to AWA, get settled, and get geared up.

How does that sound to everyone?

Unread 09-16-2005, 02:58 PM   #11
Evali
Catboy Lover

That sounds fine, I will definitely look for you guys around then! <3
Unread 09-16-2005, 04:23 PM   #12
mocha
The Original Blikku!

Sounds good to me! So what's the location?
Unread 09-16-2005, 07:56 PM   #13
TechieCL
MomoCon HeadStaff

I'm thinking near the top of the escalators that lead from the hotel lobby to the convention area (artist's alley & registration).

Unread 09-19-2005, 02:04 PM   #14
mocha
The Original Blikku!

That'll work! See you guys there!
Unread 10-05-2005, 08:50 PM   #15
BrokenSoldier

-Sigh- So close, yet so far away.