Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Death Note

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #481
shizukanori
The Lazy

oohh I think the Wolf Base looks good but either way I think that they might ned to be trimmed a little. I cant decide on whether to do red or brown. I wanted to do a reddish brown. I have a vest that will be a great base to start with, should I get you some pictures? Should the vest be completely lined with fur inside or just the edges? I kinda want to do the whole thing. I am pumped to start. Btw does anyone have some shots of his boots? I think I want to try to make a pair ^^;;;;
shizukanori is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #482
Juliapop
Not allowed in L.A.

Are you doing the fan colors or the anime colors? If you're doing red hair, it's obviously a little open to interpretation, but I decided to go with Wine Red because a lot of fanart uses a purplish-red kind of color, and I think it looks nice.

I'm not sure about the vest, now that I think about it... a lot of people think it's shearling (like this kind of thing,) which is usually lined on the inside. But I think it's technically supposed to be fur trim, so I don't know. I looked around at a few sites and saw some jackets with fur trim and shearling lining, maybe it can be made like that?

You know how to make boots? That's really cool. I think there's an older thread in here about his boots... it's all about how hard it is to find accurate ones.

planned cosplays
ciel phantomhive, kuroshitsuji
mello, death note
Juliapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #483
shizukanori
The Lazy

I was going more for the anime colors but I wouldnt mind using red hair cause it looks awesome but I am worried about clashing with a red/black shirt. I think I will use a med length fur for the vest and suede. I actually have never made boots before but I want to try so that will probably be the first thing made. I saw that post haha.
Unread 09-09-2010, 07:20 AM   #484
Juliapop
Not allowed in L.A.

If you're doing the anime colors, then definitely get a brown wig. Maybe even that weird kind of greenish brown color. It's weird, but that's what his hair looks like in some scenes. He's in so few scenes, and most of them have weird lighting, so it's hard to tell what color his hair is actually supposed to be.
You'd probably have to dye a wig to get the greenish color. There might be a wig out there in the right color, but I haven't seen it. The closest I've seen on Cosplay.com Shopping is this, and that's still not really right. Kinda streaky, too.
Anime Matt looks like Christmas! xD

Let me know how the boots go. I don't know if I've ever heard of any cosplayers making their own boots. Modifying, sure, but not making them. :/ Is there a tutorial out there or something? I imagine it'd be really hard to do.

planned cosplays
mello, death note
Unread 09-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #485
shizukanori
The Lazy

There are a few tutorials on doing cloth boots around here and I know where to find one with leather. Its more of really seeing what his boots look like XD.
Unread 09-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #486
Juliapop
Not allowed in L.A.

I'm not sure if there are any official references for his boots. You can check the manga and anime, shouldn't take long. :P There was a pic posted in that thread about his boots, right?

In other news, my wig is a bitch and I'm really bad at styling it. I think that after this upcoming con, I might get a new base wig and start over.
This should not be this hard. :<

planned cosplays
mello, death note
Unread 09-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #487
shizukanori
The Lazy

XD haha
Unread 09-09-2010, 09:14 PM   #488
BsWN

First, wow I've been away a while XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliapop View Post
You should post progress pics of the vest! I'll be making a Matt cosplay sometime soon, and I'm wondering where to find a pattern, if I'll be able to find a good faux fur, etc.
It's already finished, but I'm going to remake it since I'm no longer satisfied with it. And I've never actually used a pattern before... I just asked my grandmother... ^.^""

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliapop View Post
I'm not sure about the vest, now that I think about it... a lot of people think it's shearling (like this kind of thing,) which is usually lined on the inside. But I think it's technically supposed to be fur trim, so I don't know. I looked around at a few sites and saw some jackets with fur trim and shearling lining, maybe it can be made like that?
I used the sheep skin stuff, which is partly why I'm remaking mine... This time I am so using fur, I feel that it looks far better.
BsWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #489
shizukanori
The Lazy

hello~
Unread 09-09-2010, 11:09 PM   #490
Juliapop
Not allowed in L.A.

I definitely agree with you about the fur, I'm just not sure what to do for the lining. Since I got my sewing machine today, () it's time to start seriously thinking about this stuff.

planned cosplays
mello, death note
Unread 09-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #491
Liberty53000

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizukanori View Post
hello~
Hello!
What's up?
Which Death Note character are you doing?
Unread 09-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #492
shizukanori
The Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty53000 View Post
Hello!
What's up?
Which Death Note character are you doing?
I am another Matt haha
Unread 09-13-2010, 10:21 PM   #493
Juliapop
Not allowed in L.A.

A question for all of the L cosplayers out there: what are your favorite props/accessories to use with the cosplay? It takes a little extra to make an L cosplay stand out and give it that 'wow' factor, and besides having a great wig and makeup, you can look awesome by having some cool props (probably mostly sweets) and using them well in photos.

I like to get a big, colorful swirl lollipop (you can see one in some of my photos.) A cell phone can be a prop, too, if you hold it the right way. I have a photoshoot coming up, so I'm trying to think of some interesting things I can do and props I can use. I might try and make a little sugar cube tower, or find a way to bring a slice of cake with me. Maybe I'll even bring my laptop, just so I can take a picture where I'm typing like L does. Haha.

planned cosplays
mello, death note
Unread 09-30-2010, 10:25 PM   #494
shizukanori
The Lazy

Hey for any matt cosplayers out there, I recently by accident came across these: Goggles
I think they look pretty darn close to matts. You would just need to tint the lenses more orangeish somehow.
Unread 10-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #495
shizukanori
The Lazy

I just got the goggles today....omfgggggsgfsgtrg they are sexy. The lenses are actually more tinted then they look in the picture. I love them.