Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Yaoi-Con

Unread 09-13-2005, 11:42 PM   #1
kenseikishi
lithe panther wildness

Questions about registration

I haven't done so yet; so will there be a separate table to visit at the door? It's $50 or $60, right? And is this a one time fee, or do I have to pay $$$ each day I attend?
kenseikishi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-14-2005, 12:54 AM   #2
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

It's $50 if you pre-reg. before the deadline, September 30th. If you don't pre-reg. or you miss the deadline, then you'll have to go to the con and do at-the-door registration, which is $60 for the ENTIRE weekend: Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. I don't think they have a one-day pass for sale..

Last edited by Eurobeat King : 09-14-2005 at 12:56 AM.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2005, 01:13 PM   #3
kenseikishi
lithe panther wildness

That's good; I was actually hoping for the entire weekend. Having to pay $60 for each day would not be cool.

Thanks again!
Unread 09-14-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenseikishi
Having to pay $60 for each day would not be cool.
No convention (that I know of) does that.. $10-30 for one day is the most I've seen..
Unread 09-14-2005, 08:31 PM   #5
AmazonPrincess
certified geek-girl

If one has to mail in their payment, can they still get the $50 dollar rate if it's postmarked by Sept 30th? Or does it have to get to the Y-con offices by Sept 30th?
AmazonPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2005, 07:14 AM   #6
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonPrincess
If one has to mail in their payment, can they still get the $50 dollar rate if it's postmarked by Sept 30th? Or does it have to get to the Y-con offices by Sept 30th?
Most conventions are okay with pre-reg. deadlines as long as you POSTMARK your payment by the date, so in this case if you postmark your payment envelope by September 30th, you'll be fine. You would still have a month before the con, so that should give the reg. staff ample time to get your payment and process it before the con. Just make sure for Y-con that you do the online registration first, and then send in your payment and the printed pre-reg. form by September 30th.
Unread 09-17-2005, 12:28 PM   #7
tpod

There WILL be one day passes for sale, I believe, but there won't be pre-registration for the the one day passes -- you'll have to purchase those at the door, if that's the way you want to go. Rates will be publically announced after pre-registration ends.

And as Eurobeat King said, pre-registration printed forms and payment must be POSTMARKED September 30th or earlier in order to qualify for the $50 rate.

Tracy
tpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2005, 12:29 AM   #8
kenseikishi
lithe panther wildness

I've just recently moved... but I don't have a replacement California ID with my new address on it yet. Should I pre-reg using my old address or my new one?

Last edited by kenseikishi : 09-21-2005 at 01:51 AM.
Unread 09-23-2005, 12:05 AM   #9
Jaina Solo
Rurouni Jedi

Crap, pre-reg closes the 30th?! That's a whole month before the convention! I just spent $110 on registration for Ani-Magic! I don't know how I'm going to afford to pre-reg for YaoiCon, LoL! -.-;;
Unread 09-23-2005, 06:23 AM   #10
madame morte
Has a user title

Bah, I have to register soon 0-0
madame morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2005, 08:16 PM   #11
tpod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenseikishi
I've just recently moved... but I don't have a replacement California ID with my new address on it yet. Should I pre-reg using my old address or my new one?
You need to pre-reg using your NEW address -- that way the registration confirmation letter (which you'll need at the convention) will go to the correct address. )

What counts most for registration, as far as ID is concerned, is that (1) it's a proper, valid ID, (2) it has your name and photo on it, and (3) it has your birthdate on it, confirming that you are 18 years or older by the first day of the con.

Tracy
Unread 09-26-2005, 08:20 PM   #12
tpod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina Solo
Crap, pre-reg closes the 30th?! That's a whole month before the convention! I just spent $110 on registration for Ani-Magic! I don't know how I'm going to afford to pre-reg for YaoiCon, LoL! -.-;;
Believe it or not, most conventions close out pre-registration a month before the convention. It gives the staff time to wait for any straggling registration forms/payments, ensure that all the necessary information and payment has been submitted (and if not, track down the registree to fix it), and make the lovely badges with your names on them. ^^

(and, BTW, they're really lovely badges. The artwork's by a phenomonal Asian artist and I was fortunately enough to get to design them. Not that my design prowess makes them lovely, no, it's purely the artwork. ::drools:

Tracy