Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Oni-Con

Unread 10-04-2005, 11:29 AM   #1
MarzGurl
Your Video is On The Way!

General Oni-Con Thread

I hate how I want to talk to people about the con but there's not really a thread that I fit into. How you guys doing? Who's going? What are your plans? What are you excited about? Gonna be meeting up with people?

You know I'll be there. Got invited back for a second round of video fun, so we'll see what happens.

Unread 10-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #2
ZakuKitty
Don't die, Lloyd.

Hello ^^ I am going by myself I believe, driving all the way from Denton near Dallas. Ironically I live in Houston but not when I am going to college. I have no set room I am staying in because I am awaiting a friend of mine's decision to go or not. I plan on hanging around the gameroom as usual playing Naruto but on Saturday I will be attempting to locate people from .hack to go with my Sora. ^^

I loved Oni-Con last year so this year I know it will be awesome.

On a side note as mentioned in the costumes thread, I am going as at least one version of Gara from the jrock group Merry, Sora from .hack//SIGN and Michael from Angel Sanctuary.

ZakuKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2005, 05:28 PM   #3
Amaya De'Morte
Clearly Miscalculated.

I can't wait because of.. everything. that's gonna be one of the best weeks of my life, lol. Nine Inch nails concert then what's goign to be a REALLY awesome convention.. 17 days whoo!

and I'm driving from fort worth area.
Tsubaki (soul Eater)
Rogue (xmen)
Once-ler (The Lorax Movie)

deviantART+facebook

“A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerated the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected, and outlast the unbearable”
Amaya De'Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2005, 07:19 PM   #4
Knightfall
Shadow Soldier

I'm trying to contain my perpetual giddyness. I'm going with some friends from around here. I actually hope to talk to more people this time around. I am very much looking forward to a few weeks from now.

I can confirm Vincent Valentine and Amon. Any other costume is unlikely at this point, but who knows? I do hear requests...
Unread 10-04-2005, 10:43 PM   #5
fetus

Wait a sec, are you the same marzgurl that called proz this past weekend at Linucon? If so, the phone was passed around and I said Donald Rumsfield into it.

oh, and to stay on topic, I'm terribly excited about the cosplay competition, because our group is doing a skit based on an idea we had, and we get to cosplay from Reboot XD This will be my fourth convention, if you count Linucon, and I hear Oni-con is really fun.

-wolverine
fetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2005, 06:16 AM   #6
MarzGurl
Your Video is On The Way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetus
Wait a sec, are you the same marzgurl that called proz this past weekend at Linucon? If so, the phone was passed around and I said Donald Rumsfield into it.

oh, and to stay on topic, I'm terribly excited about the cosplay competition, because our group is doing a skit based on an idea we had, and we get to cosplay from Reboot XD This will be my fourth convention, if you count Linucon, and I hear Oni-con is really fun.

Hahaha! Yeah, that'd be me. I'm the only one I know who ever has used the screen name MarzGurl for the past 6 or so years, and it's the only screen name I've ever used. Cool that I now kinda know you by some association!
Unread 10-05-2005, 04:39 PM   #7
HackerEd

I can't wait for Oni either^^ Aside from seeing some long missed cosplay friends, I can't wait to wear some of my new costumes. Oh, and more cookies. So those of you who got a cookie from someone at O-Chibi, it was most likely me
Advent Cirno

Possible:
Kuchiha - Amatsuki
Hatsune Miku - "Hold, Release"
HackerEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2005, 04:57 PM   #8
IceAlchemist
Lust Sama Pwns You!

first oni con
coming from cali^^
friends are going for phanatasmagoria
im just going to have a GOOD con^^ after some of the bad ones this year lolz
IceAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #9
loserific
Zombie Seamstress

Oh, I can not wait. We went last year as our first con and we weren't as prepaired. ><; We got our room as soon as we could..which was in like April or May. ^^;; Heh. But I am bringing a lot of my friends with me and we are all hyped about it. When we talk about the con at school, it makes us so happy. Oni-con will be my third con, but for all my friends it's their first. Hehe, so much fun!

And for costumes, I am going as Faye from Cowboy Bebop(dont think I will be wearing it for long though, when I made the costume, I had confidance..not now. ><;; a Harvest Moon group <3 and maybe some other costumes. Not really sure..stupid Hurricane Rita has thrown me way off. >>;

But other than that, I can't wait to see everyone there. ^_~
loserific is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2005, 10:17 PM   #10
SchizoIori
visual antagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaya De'Morte
I can't wait because of.. everything. that's gonna be one of the best weeks of my life, lol. Nine Inch nails concert then what's goign to be a REALLY awesome convention.. 17 days whoo!

and I'm driving from fort worth area.

LOL Best week of my Life too! I'm going to NIN too before Oni-con. I'm flying in to houston though and staying with a friend. This is my first time to go and I'm debuting my Amano Tifa costume. I'll also be in my EGL Itachi costume though with the Mangenkyou Sharingan eyes. I hope I can meet lots of cosplay.com folk.

Current Projects:

Dissidia Duodecim Tifa Lockheart,Petz/ Prizma (sailor moon R), Trunks (DBZ), Nami (Water 7),Black Canary (Batman/JL) Black Cat
SchizoIori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2005, 11:04 PM   #11
Etsu
Jen-of-All-Trades

For me, Oni is gonna be the best study reward ever (I have an orgo exam and a cell bio exam that week >_<). This is the first time I'm basically heading out on my own so I'm excited and nervous.

I'm going as "The Final" Kaoru and Miho from Megatokyo.
original writing and art
blog about Japanese culture
Etsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2005, 01:18 AM   #12
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackerEd
I can't wait for Oni either^^ Aside from seeing some long missed cosplay friends, I can't wait to wear some of my new costumes. Oh, and more cookies. So those of you who got a cookie from someone at O-Chibi, it was most likely me
I call first dibs on cookies of greatness!

Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2005, 07:08 PM   #13
Amaya De'Morte
Clearly Miscalculated.

-cries- Though I'm going to have to save money if I'm going to get to go.. -dies-

I know it'll work out.. it has to.. just... heh.. yea... anyone wanna buy amaya ticket? lmao.

just kiddin'. I'll get there, I have to.
Tsubaki (soul Eater)
Rogue (xmen)
Once-ler (The Lorax Movie)

deviantART+facebook

“A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerated the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected, and outlast the unbearable”
Amaya De'Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2005, 02:04 AM   #14
megumibish
I should be drawing Yaoi.

Well the almost full out entourage of Doppelganger Cosplayers are going. I'm soo hyped for this convention due to my extra special debut of my Trinity Blood cosplay. Thank the gods that it will be cooler. I'm soo gonna fry and sizzle in that cosplay, due to velveteen overload. Anticipation is killing me.

Right now I'm doing last minute minor detailing and fixing stuff/revamping little issues.
I'm looking at hopefully bringing 4 costumes. Ion Fortuna, Rith, Talim and Sailor Pluto. I just don't know what to wear when an where. Only definite is Ion on Saturday and hope that I don't bruise the h*ll outta my chest with super binding.
Unread 10-07-2005, 08:42 AM   #15
the only vash
Official Computer Dude

Wow, seems so great that many people will be going to Oni this year. My brother and I are planning to go as actual ninjas, not raver, febreeze, or swiffer, but actual ninjas. I actually plan on being a camera ninja (hehe). I hope to take lots of pictures of people in their cosplay. I am sure that I have seen some of you at the last Oni and will try to look for you all in your new cosplay. More than likely I will be hanging around the dealer's room, game room, and video rooms. My brother and I have actually gone 72 hours without sleep, so we are prepared.
MarzGurl I am sure that there will be people wating for your footage of Oni.