Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Unread 10-05-2005, 12:05 AM   #1
Samandria

Naruto - creating a Sasuke costume

Hello everyone, I have most of my costume together, but I need help on one thing. I have no idea how to go about creating the shirt. the collar poses a problem. I am not used to sewing clothing from scratch. anyone have any tips? I would be very greatful

Jess
Samandria is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2005, 12:33 AM   #2
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

try checking the naruto thread, someone should have answered this question before.

but might as well, since i'm a lazy person. I took a shirt, cut a bigger colar around it and sewed the colar on it. Your choices is either to get a thick cloth that you know would alteast stand or try sewing in/glueing and sewing in a piece of cardboard.

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2005, 09:35 PM   #3
sylus
its a conspiricy

you can also get a thick/stiff interfacing. my friend used it for her itachi costume and i did for my sasuke. it works wounders and dose stand aithout falling over.
sylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2005, 10:01 AM   #4
mokulen22
The Ducktape Queen

Either interface the crap out of the collar or go the cheap (cop-out) way and try using those foam sheet at the craftstore. :P

I used foam on bows to hold the shape and it worked rather well.
mokulen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2005, 05:53 PM   #5
Yagi Mazaki
Professional Scapegoat

For our Sasuke's collar we ended up using some bug netting to stiffen it up, but still have it able to bend. (Since I can't imagine anyone would be too happy to have a stiff tube around their neck.)
It worked pretty well and wasn't in the way.
We just took an existing shirt and cut off the bottom and used it for the neck. Then we attached the bug netting in between the blue and white fabric with no edges of the netting on the outside so it would not scratch her neck. If you just get a really large shirt it should not be a problem.

I wouldn't suggest cardboard. My friend did one like that and the cardboard broke halfway through the convention with no time to fix it.
(I also am not too sure where to find bug netting, ours we had conveniently lying around the house...)

Sasuke Collar Example
Yagi Mazaki is offline   Reply With Quote