Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Kingdom Hearts

Unread 10-05-2005, 04:19 PM   #1
HowlJenkins

Kingdom Hearts cosplay advice? (in the right place this time)

And yes, I'm REALLY dumb, because it took me forever to figure out what was wrong with this post in the anime section...o.O

I'm doing Sora...(yes, a n00b doing Sora, but I have seamstresses for family members

http://www.squareuniverse.net/downlo...1280x1024.jpeg

As I have no experience with making costumes at all, I wanted to ask how you would go about making these costumes. For example, what materials should I use, etc. I want to make them as close as humanly possible to the originals, and have a decent amount of money to spend. My biggest things are making the pants poof out, and I would like to use as large of a zipper as possible for Sora's jumpsuit-ish type thingie...

Help, anyone? T__T
HowlJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-06-2005, 07:26 PM   #2
Kerret
Royal Cookie Tester

Ooh, bebe, you're image link isn't working, but I've got a nifty Square-Enix collection of official Square game art from Kingdom Hearts to the Bouncer.

Here you go.

I'll to some Sora rendering:
Start out with a red jumpsuit as a base. It must go to the knees, but Id line it with something fluffy. Butcher a pillow or find some stuffers at a fabric store. The sleeves should at least fit under the jacket.
-The jacket...I'd base it with white and cut out your blue-ish over thingies. As you can see in this loverly (yet hilarious) picture of Cherry's award-winning Sora, she went over her blue with a white edge. [picture] Line the hood with blue, and the rest you'll just hafta eyeball.
-Gloves: just base them from white, but fluff them with stuffing and have the band around the wrist actually pin it to your hand so you get the pinched-looking fabric effect.
-Shoes::
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gren
They consist of a pair of comfy keds that now lives insside the shoe, about an inch off the outer sole, which was cut from a water shoe, and curled up into Sora's customary toe. Mini Soccer balls formed the base for the huge toe, and craft foam shaped the rest of the shoe. Yellow parts had lycra stretched over them, then painted yellow so it has the leathery flat look at a distance. I've got more stuff on bootcovers in the tutorial thing at www.limitbreakcosplay.com
-Accesories:: just beautify some chains. Use sculpey (polymer clay you can get at any craft store) make the crown out of it, pop it in the oven, spray paint it silver, and shazzam! Be mindful of how you will attach it to the chain before you roast it, though.

Hope that helps! Don't be afraid to ask Chery or Gren for help, both of them are very nice and open to new cosplayers ^^;; their site is limitbreakcosplay.com

<3,
kerra
Unread 10-07-2005, 01:29 AM   #3
HowlJenkins

I emailed them, but I haven't gotten a reply. T__T

Thanks for the advice! I'm getting the jewelry and shoes made for me, so I won't have to deal with them (seriously craft impaired person here...).
HowlJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2005, 07:59 AM   #4
Kerret
Royal Cookie Tester

Aren't we all XD gotta start somewhere. But believe me, Scupley is the surrogate god of trinket-making. I swear by it ^^

Reckon to post progress pics!

-kerra
Unread 10-23-2005, 09:20 AM   #5
Adel's Lover
Invaders Must Die

Wait...I think i saw the necklace on Ebay. The people make real ones.
Unread 10-23-2005, 02:46 PM   #6
Crazy Neko CJ
NEED A DISPENSER HERE?

There is actually an official Kingdom Hearts Sora Necklace that you can get. I have one myself. Though, it isn't a plain silver crown. It DOES have 'Kingdom Hearts' on it, I believe. It's perfect for a cosplay item, and I got it at a convention. You could get it made for you, or buy that one. I think it was around 20 bucks for me.

Completed: Tewi Inaba (Touhou Project), Rorschach (Watchmen), Engineer (Team Fortress 2)
In Mind: Gunbound Character, Mr. Fujimoto (Ponyo), Touhou Cosplay (Dunno what else though), Dante (Devil May Cry)
Cons: Sac-Anime Winter 2010 (Saturday: Engineer, Sunday: Rorschach), San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival (?), Wonder-Con (Rorschach), Sac-Anime Summer 2010

Crazy Neko CJ is offline   Reply With Quote