Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 10-05-2005, 11:24 PM   #1
Captain Gundam

Exclamation My Izzy cosplay (Izzy from Digimon) in progress

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=496427
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=496457

I have the gloves but I didnt wear them in the pics since i couldnt find them. Any good so far?

Unread 10-06-2005, 12:41 AM   #2
EroiHotCake
okotte nee mon~ >:3

To be honest, it's like you're OutOfCostume instead of IN it.

Doesn't Koushiro have like a small spikey fro that's like brown or brick red? [Sorry, just trying to remember what I can from a long time ago]
- In your pictures I can't see what you're wearing [if you're wearing anything] but don't forget his green socks and spiffy purple lightning shoes.
- Also, your shirt and pant colors are kinda off, I can't tell if the shirt is orange or not but the pants are def. like olive green or something.
- And, compared to this ref pic, [if it works...] his shirt is buttoned to the top so even if you still wear an undershirt, make sure it's not visible much.
- I trust that you have the gloves and as a prop I suggest you have with you either a digivice or a plush tentomon[or whatever else his ranks are] or the crest of knowlegde or even a fake computer that looks like his, since he's a compy lover~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg izzy.jpg (27.2 KB, 0 views)
EroiHotCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2005, 07:06 PM   #3
Captain Gundam

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroiHotCake
Doesn't Koushiro have like a small spikey fro that's like brown or brick red? [Sorry, just trying to remember what I can from a long time ago]
- In your pictures I can't see what you're wearing [if you're wearing anything] but don't forget his green socks and spiffy purple lightning shoes.
- Also, your shirt and pant colors are kinda off, I can't tell if the shirt is orange or not but the pants are def. like olive green or something.
- And, compared to this ref pic, [if it works...] his shirt is buttoned to the top so even if you still wear an undershirt, make sure it's not visible much.
- I trust that you have the gloves and as a prop I suggest you have with you either a digivice or a plush tentomon[or whatever else his ranks are] or the crest of knowlegde or even a fake computer that looks like his, since he's a compy lover~
He does. I mentioned in my gallery that's its in progress and I am missing some of his gear. I cant find his shoes so its a no on them. The socks, I have to buy them.

The shirt is orange but its dark though. Its the closest I could find it in that color. The shorts are a dead give away, I knew there were green but I dont have them yet so I had to use with what I have.

It was hot when I took the pics so the shirt was unbuttoned from the top.

I have the gloves with me. I never thought of wearing the crest of knowledge, so I'll make it. Thanks for the suggestions.
Unread 10-06-2005, 09:54 PM   #4
FlowerOfThCourt
Likes to move it move it.

I agree on the laptop. (Or maybe even a box painted like one?) And on the shoes maybe get some black sneakers and paint them? *shrugs*
FlowerOfThCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2005, 10:53 PM   #5
Captain Gundam

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerOfThCourt
I agree on the laptop. (Or maybe even a box painted like one?) And on the shoes maybe get some black sneakers and paint them? *shrugs*
I'll see which is better to do. I skip the shoes since I will have to use them besides the costume.
Unread 10-13-2005, 12:50 PM   #6
marsie
Busty MacHumps

Don't ruin a pair of shoes...

It shouldn't be too difficult to make bootcovers. They look fairly straight forward so even a novice can pull them off. ^_^

I know there are a couple threads on here about making bootcovers so check them out.

The shirt color is off, but the reference pic could be as well. Getting some dye might help achieve the desired color. But make sure you do test runs with sample fabric first.

Props will really make this costume, so look into different things that he might have on the show. I know it will be difficult to get some offical but there is always sculpty clay.

Beth G
Ohayocon Board of Directors

Senior Director of Operations
marsie is offline   Reply With Quote