Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Street Fighter

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-09-2005, 09:18 PM   #1
SuperCammy
Delta Red Warrior

Street Fighter Cosplay

Hey everyone. Have any of you ever cosplayed as a character from Street Fighter? I went to the last convention dressed as Cammy, and my friend was dressed as Ryu. We met another girl there dressed as Chun-Li, which was really cool, and got some photos with her. Then the next day, another group came along dressed as Cammy, Ryu and Chun-Li! I wonder why, out of the 60 or so characters from all the Street Fighter games, comics, movies, anime and stuff, there were two of just those three characters.

My friends and I want to some day make a Street Fighter fanfilm, like those Star Wars ones you always see, which I think would be heaps of fun, and no matter how bad it is, it'll be better than the original live-action movie.
SuperCammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-09-2005, 09:22 PM   #2
cactusmomma
Let's play!

My daughter's cosplayed as Sakura a few times.

By the way, I saw your cosplay on a gaming website a couple days ago...your abs add a fantastic flair to the costume.
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2005, 09:47 PM   #3
SuperCammy
Delta Red Warrior

That's cool Renegade, do you have any photos of your daughter in her Sakura costume?

And yeah, I worked out heaps so I'd look more like Cammy for the costume, I believe if you're going to go to all the trouble of making a cosplay costume, you should try and get in character as well. Which gaming website did you see my photos on, I'm just curious because I've only posted about my site on a few friend's forums.
Unread 10-09-2005, 09:55 PM   #4
cactusmomma
Let's play!

http://highervoltage.net/mb/showthre...007#post547007 One of the guys said something you can smack him for, but otherwise...heh..they're guys.

And this is my girl, I'll probably remake the costume for her when she's 2..and stops growing for more than a month...and also won't stop ripping the headband off. XD
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=337600
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2005, 02:14 AM   #5
Pincer
LEAGUE OF DIRTY OLD MEN

I've done Guy from the Street Fighter Alpha series. Crazy thing is, I've only seen one other on a cosplay website. Been thinking of doing some minor work to the shirt. Seen some pics with red trim around the next and across the chest and others with white. When the figure is released here soon from Sota Toys I'll go with what that has instead. Pain in the behind trying to find the type of Nikes he wears. In the mean time I've been using red Converse hightops.

Defender of Claires worldwide from creepy Leons. (big inside joke, needed to be there for the experience!!)

I Claim King From Tekken!

The Resident Evil Cosplay Thread!! -- Reaks of retarded fun!
Pincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2005, 09:03 AM   #6
HuongStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincer
I've done Guy from the Street Fighter Alpha series.... Pain in the behind trying to find the type of Nikes he wears. In the mean time I've been using red Converse hightops.
Do you have any pictures of the kind of shoes he wears? Maybe I can help.
Unread 10-10-2005, 10:00 AM   #7
SuperCammy
Delta Red Warrior

Oh wow, she's so adorable! Not only is her costume great, but it looks like she's ready to fight too, how cute! I can't believe they make those red Cons in that size, so awesome.

Hey Pincer, that's rad! Maybe you could try dressing up as Guy in the costume he wears in Final Fight as well, sort of like an alternate costume. Some day I'll make a Shadaloo Cammy costume too, as well as a Cannonspike one. Good luck with the shoes, they're nearly always the hardest, unless your character already wears cons (like Sakura).

Last edited by SuperCammy : 10-10-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Unread 10-10-2005, 11:00 AM   #8
Wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuongStar
Do you have any pictures of the kind of shoes he wears? Maybe I can help.
Here're some Guy pics from the SFA series:

pic page 1
pic page 2

Hmm, I don't think anyone has tried doing a costume based off of his Final Fight ver. That I would like to see.

F. Fight Guy pic here & here <-- looks more like traditional Ninja garb in that version
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2005, 01:16 PM   #9
1wingedangel
Time to die.

HOLY CRAP SUPER CAMMY you got a great tummy!!! you should make a work out video. Im doing the same right now working out no stop so i can make a good solid snake. like you said why make the costume if you dont get into it. But wow can you stop a bulit with your abs?!?
Unread 10-10-2005, 01:30 PM   #10
Pincer
LEAGUE OF DIRTY OLD MEN

In the artistry pics they look like Converse sneakers, but if you look really close at the game sprites you'll see a "swoosh" on the side. **chuckle** I have seen the style of shoe twice. Seen a guy wearing them and they were the same color about 7 years ago and in The Terminator where Reese is getting his clothes he puts on a pair that were grey/black in color. But with all the retro stuff coming back from Nike I might have a chance, so patience is a virtue and I'll pounce when I seen them in a store.

Thinking of doing a Final Fight variant one day. Thinking of getting a buddy of mine to do Cody. Since we're a couple of children of the 80's it would be fitting. **lol**

Good reminder on the abs guys. I need to start working out again or I'm really going be looking chunkier than before!

Defender of Claires worldwide from creepy Leons. (big inside joke, needed to be there for the experience!!)

Unread 10-10-2005, 02:45 PM   #11
Jigsaw
Quack! Quack! Quack!

For Guy, you'll probably want something like THESE (alt link), but I don't know easily you'd be able to get your hands om them.
Jigsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2005, 03:59 PM   #12
Pincer
LEAGUE OF DIRTY OLD MEN

Dang!! Almost the right style but the colors need to be reversed. Phooey! Only other kick in the behind is that site has the closest shoe for me to use. One problem. It's a woman's size. **lol**

Whoa!!! Hold it, took a look at PickYourShoes, and oh yeah!! They got a pair that's as close as I can get!! The Air Force II High pair! Red with the white swoosh!

Jiggsaw, you are the man!! Thanks!

Unread 10-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #13
Pincer
LEAGUE OF DIRTY OLD MEN

Wait a sec, could even go with the Nike Epic. Hmmmmm, choices, choices, choices. **lol**

SuperCammy, if you're looking for authentic military boots to use for your costume, that is if you're willing to spring the money for them, go to:

http://www.uscav.com

They carry a large selection of military and law enforcement footwear. Should be able to find a pair that just might match up. Also contact them if you do decide if they have the break down for women's sizes. My catalog doesn't look like it, but they do carry small sizes, even though it doesn't say what gender.

Unread 10-11-2005, 03:04 PM   #14
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

The next cosplay I'm going to be working on (buying the wig this week!) is from Street Fighter Alpha 3. ^_^

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2005, 04:32 PM   #15
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi
The next cosplay I'm going to be working on (buying the wig this week!) is from Street Fighter Alpha 3. ^_^
ooh! ooh! Who is it, who is it! Is it Kasumi? Or Maki? RAINBOW MIKA!!!! -dies of fandom-

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what street fighter character I could do...I've thought often on doing Remy, but my figure at the moment won't allow it

...ahh, le sigh

Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote