Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Street Fighter

Unread 11-07-2005, 08:27 PM   #61
Wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikku_Monkie
I'm really wanting to make a Street Fighter costume but don't know. I always liked Chun-Li but a lot of people have made her. Plus the fact that I'm 5ft 10in. and not Asian. XD.
If you really want to do a Chun Li cosplay, go for it. Don't mind that it is one of those costumes that have been done so many times before by many others. (Plus, Chun Li is almost 5 foot 8 in. {yeah, she's a tall woman} & your dark-brown hair closely matches hers, so you could probably do a good representation of her.) There's probably lots of chances, conventions, & photoshoots you may get to wear costumes in, & it wouldn't hurt to indulge yourself in a "popular costume" for a few of those. And you'll still have other chances to do more unique cosplay/costumes for other events.

Hmm, if you want something unique but still related to Street Fighter cosplay -- but more specific to the Chun Li character, try this outfit:
a Chun Li outfit

I don't think I've seen anyone do that yet.
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-08-2005, 03:37 PM   #62
DarkKefka
Ruthless Magister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
If you really want to do a Chun Li cosplay, go for it. Don't mind that it is one of those costumes that have been done so many times before by many others. (Plus, Chun Li is almost 5 foot 8 in. {yeah, she's a tall woman} & your dark-brown hair closely matches hers, so you could probably do a good representation of her.) There's probably lots of chances, conventions, & photoshoots you may get to wear costumes in, & it wouldn't hurt to indulge yourself in a "popular costume" for a few of those. And you'll still have other chances to do more unique cosplay/costumes for other events.

Hmm, if you want something unique but still related to Street Fighter cosplay -- but more specific to the Chun Li character, try this outfit:
a Chun Li outfit

I don't think I've seen anyone do that yet.
It's rarely known. That's her outfit from the V series..and she didn't wear it much. Plus..they might look like another anime character..but when wearing her Alpha or original outfit..it's impossible to miss her.

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/darkkefka
DarkKefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2005, 10:52 PM   #63
Evali
Catboy Lover

Oh no, I have been out of this thread too long and now I have so many things to say! ;_;

Marsha Mellow: I know what you mean about Chun Li, I am a huge stickler for accuracy when it comes to her. What's so cool about Street Fighter girls is that they are so hot, but tough. So please, Future Chun Li's, don't wear stripper heels! (I love your Chun Li, though, Marsha ^_^)

Wolverine: Thank you for the compliments! I see you know your stuff; I actually was playing a lot of SF III and Alpha's crouch move was kind of plain... Babyberry and I worked hard to try and emulate whatever moves seemed plausible.

Rikku_Monkie: It's good that you are taking your appearance and popularity into account. But if you really love a character, you should always do it no matter what. If you do a great job, no one will care how many times they've seen Chun Li, and you're beautiful ;p

hentaigirl82: I am so excited, Elena is my favorite character from SF3 and I just have a feeling you will do a great job!

DarkKefka: Actually... it happens often that people just hungrily yell "CAMMY" and they don't know who I'm supposed to be. ;_; But sometimes there is an angry dude there that defends me "How can you not know who Chun Li is?!"
Unread 11-09-2005, 04:04 PM   #64
DarkKefka
Ruthless Magister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evali
Oh no, I have been out of this thread too long and now I have so many things to say! ;_;

Marsha Mellow: I know what you mean about Chun Li, I am a huge stickler for accuracy when it comes to her. What's so cool about Street Fighter girls is that they are so hot, but tough. So please, Future Chun Li's, don't wear stripper heels! (I love your Chun Li, though, Marsha ^_^)

Wolverine: Thank you for the compliments! I see you know your stuff; I actually was playing a lot of SF III and Alpha's crouch move was kind of plain... Babyberry and I worked hard to try and emulate whatever moves seemed plausible.

Rikku_Monkie: It's good that you are taking your appearance and popularity into account. But if you really love a character, you should always do it no matter what. If you do a great job, no one will care how many times they've seen Chun Li, and you're beautiful ;p

hentaigirl82: I am so excited, Elena is my favorite character from SF3 and I just have a feeling you will do a great job!

DarkKefka: Actually... it happens often that people just hungrily yell "CAMMY" and they don't know who I'm supposed to be. ;_; But sometimes there is an angry dude there that defends me "How can you not know who Chun Li is?!"

Who ever doesn't know the difference between Cammy and Chunli......I'd better stop..
Anyway Evali...I loved your Alpha Costume at AWA 11...( I changed my user Name.....) I was unable to get a pic do to low film...but I did get Imerila's Sakura. You girls rocked!!! I'm going to AZ next year..and I might be evil Ryu...so if you have time to help me..let me know.

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/darkkefka
DarkKefka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2005, 03:13 PM   #65
Jigsaw
Quack! Quack! Quack!

Awesome job on the Guy costume, Pincer. Those Nikes look great.
Jigsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2005, 07:15 PM   #66
Pincer
LEAGUE OF DIRTY OLD MEN

Thanks! Now if I can just drop 20lbs or so and be back to what I weighed last year. **l**

Defender of Claires worldwide from creepy Leons. (big inside joke, needed to be there for the experience!!)

I Claim King From Tekken!

The Resident Evil Cosplay Thread!! -- Reaks of retarded fun!
Pincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2005, 03:08 PM   #67
izitnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanmato
Hmm, if my hair was still blond, it'd be Ken time. I defy ANYONE to do (or find) a Zangief outfit that looks the part!
I could do a Zangief, but it'd take me awhile to grow the facial hair. I'm a little furry in the chest and have his build (in a realistic, non-SF way :P). Amateur wrestlers unite!

I would, however, need a COMPELLING reason (like a big SF cosplay group) to wear a white speedo around a con.
izitnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2005, 09:58 PM   #68
Pincer
LEAGUE OF DIRTY OLD MEN

you wouldn't be wearing a speedo. I think you can find pro wrestling trunks somewhere on line or have someone sew up a pair. Plus you could walk around wearing his cape to keep you somewhat covered!

Hell, I wear spandex pants for two of my King costumes from Tekken. If I can do it, you can do it! **lol**

Defender of Claires worldwide from creepy Leons. (big inside joke, needed to be there for the experience!!)

I Claim King From Tekken!

The Resident Evil Cosplay Thread!! -- Reaks of retarded fun!
Pincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2005, 11:41 PM   #69
izitnick

I wore Under Armour leggings (tights) for my Solid Snake costume :0
izitnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2005, 02:03 AM   #70
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by izitnick
I could do a Zangief, but it'd take me awhile to grow the facial hair. I'm a little furry in the chest and have his build (in a realistic, non-SF way :P). Amateur wrestlers unite!

I would, however, need a COMPELLING reason (like a big SF cosplay group) to wear a white speedo around a con.
White? Dude....his rasslin' tights are red...cuz in Soviet Russia, Piledriver Spins You!

Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 09:04 AM   #71
Deuce_VII
Devil Trigger Dante

I'm planning a Guile costume (*sarcastic chuckle* the avatar is just a "coincidence").

Yeah, so I'm not nearly as built as he is, but I can do the hair. I know that must count for something. RIGHT?!?
Deuce_VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 03:21 PM   #72
mr-kobayashi
The Big Pink Machine

Well I'm planning a Sagat costume for next year, sometime uring the summer.
It's a lot of work, but I can see some results after a lot of workout.
I'll let you know the results guys!

"Kobayashi, Cosplay King!"
- Hironobu Kageyama
mr-kobayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 11:56 PM   #73
vietbaboon

im going to cosplay Yang Lee for Anime Boston 2007! i think i got the hair down...growing the front bangs longggg and hairspray it like crazy lol buying fabrics to make the top and the arm thing.
vietbaboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 03:15 AM   #74
kikkoman86

this was a REAL last minute spur of the moment choice
my own version of yun.
but i plan to cosplay yang next.

happy halloween!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1340402689_l.jpg (6.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: gif 3s13.gif (2.1 KB, 0 views)
kikkoman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2006, 01:29 PM   #75
*Icca*

can anyone help, just wondering what wud be the best way to make shadowloo cammy's red gloves?
*Icca* is offline   Reply With Quote