Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-02-2003, 11:09 PM   #1
Emeralda

PSO Costumes?

This kinda came to me while idle-listening in chat tonight. Anyone up for a mini PSO group at AX? Could be Otakon too.. or both! Anyone else interested?

I'm likely going to be doing a FOnewearl at some point. I'm going to have to replay to pick out hair color and clothing color though.

http://www.sonicteam.com/pso/index_chara.html
Emeralda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-02-2003, 11:16 PM   #2
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

check out the other 2 forums on this:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...&threadid=5293

and

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...&threadid=6060

like I mentioned in those posts. I'm cosplaying as my FOnewearl character. (see avatar) but yeah well there'll be 4 of us (including myself) that I know of going to sakura con, fanime and anime expo. So I'm sure we can work something out along the lines of a photoshoot ^_^;

Miaka no Baka
Miaka No Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2003, 11:17 PM   #3
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

I'm kinda trying to get my HUmar costume ready for Katsu!

Got my Mag and Weapon all done....now to tackle the putting together of costume itself....Basically need to get the shoulder, neck and forearm pieces and also that metal bicep cover...shoes and kneepads

MAG-http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=21300&papass=&sort=1&thecat=31 13

Weapon(mostly done)-http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=21299&papass=&sort=1&thecat=31 13

Some small info on pandas- Eats, shoots and leaves!
(this is an excellent book btw)
The difference a little punctuation makes!
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2003, 11:22 PM   #4
Emeralda

Quote:
Originally posted by Miaka No Baka
check out the other 2 forums on this:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...&threadid=5293

and

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...&threadid=6060

like I mentioned in those posts. I'm cosplaying as my FOnewearl character. (see avatar) but yeah well there'll be 4 of us (including myself) that I know of going to sakura con, fanime and anime expo. So I'm sure we can work something out along the lines of a photoshoot ^_^;

Miaka no Baka
Missed the second thread by not paying attention, and the first I saw the topic and thought it was the original Phantasy Stars.. Oops.

But yeah, I'd love to get Photoshoots together at AX for
everyone.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nietsche

I'm kinda trying to get my HUmar costume ready for Katsu!

Got my Mag and Weapon all done....now to tackle the putting together of costume itself....Basically need to get the shoulder, neck and forearm pieces and also that metal bicep cover...shoes and kneepads
Sweet! Unfortunately my MAG is going to be the biggest problem, since as of right now I'm not sure how to make it bob along behind me. But I'm starting to get some ideas. Your MAG is soooo cute. Eeekk. Now I sound like that silly Android girl >.>
Unread 02-02-2003, 11:29 PM   #5
makio
resident slacker

I'd gladly bring my FOmar costume to AX, since I'm trying to cut down on the amount of luggage to bring. I'm making a Soniti mag and I'm still taking suggestions on what prop weapon to use... preferably *not* a gun since I'd be flying to California from Florida!
makio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2003, 11:33 PM   #6
Emeralda

Quote:
Originally posted by MakioTwist
I'd gladly bring my FOmar costume to AX, since I'm trying to cut down on the amount of luggage to bring. I'm making a Soniti mag and I'm still taking suggestions on what prop weapon to use... preferably *not* a gun since I'd be flying to California from Florida!
Tehhee. There's always the frying pan! n_n

And we'd be glad to have you! I hope we get all 9 classes.. but as I said to katchoo in chat, doubles are MORE than welcome, because every character is different. Clothes, colors, hairstyle.. even the faces! Tehehe
Unread 02-02-2003, 11:59 PM   #7
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

ooh nice sword ^_^ how'd u make it? Want to see my mag and weapons ^_^;

my weapon:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=21307

yeah I'm not original so it's a star wars light saber. ^_^; at least it works lol

and my mag, sato:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=21304

I'm just trying to figure out how to keep the thing suspended. I can keep it on my arm but just need it to stay upright, maybe some straps inside the costume will hold it. How are you keeping your mag up? I saw the wire like I have. ^_^;

are you making it so your stuff lights up? Like the arm thingie and the section id?

Miaka no Baka
Unread 02-03-2003, 01:31 AM   #8
makio
resident slacker

It'll probably be neon paint or possibly just a LCD light like on a cellphone or something, operated by switch. I won't start on the costume until after my b'day (3/15) due to Megacon and Anime Express in Daytona.

As for the Mags, a friend linked me to a good site with pictures...
http://pscave.com/pso/mag/mag.html

Ushasu's pretty cool looking, but I was never able to get it in the game, even when following the gameFAQs. I was planning on using wires similar to how people use 'wings' for their costumes. I'll look into different methods though.
makio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2003, 11:51 AM   #9
.Hacker

Hehe my sword? Twas about 1 whole day of crafting....
The blade was plastic packaging for curtain rails...everything else was a blend of corrugated cardboard, foam and purple foil...

Yeah okay so the Elysion is primarily a Force weapon...
I still haven't got a good way of making it bob behind me...the wires i am using right now are way too weak..
.Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2003, 12:26 PM   #10
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

the sword looks like it's glittery or lighted. is it just the picture or is it like that? ^_^; yeah I've decidied I'm gonna make the twinkle star ^_^ i like how it looks. yeah the wire I used is 8 or 6 guage copper wire. It's sturdy enough to stand up but can be bent without the use of tools. as you can see in the picture it'll stand on it's own it's just that i need to think of a way to keep it vertical cause it wants to fall backwards due to sato's weight. I'm playing with some ideas now but so far I can't think of anything other than the wrap the arm hole part with some ribbon and attach it to the costume on the inside. I saw this japanese cosplayer and she used a really thick piece of plastic that was shoved into her mag and also went inside her costume. I can't think of how she got the plastic to stay like if she used some sort of brace or made a pocket but I think it'd still fall backwards if it was in a pocket...

Miaka no Baka
Unread 02-03-2003, 12:30 PM   #11
.Hacker

Oh the glittery effect..that was made wit hthis great wrapping film that I found one day...I was paper thin and created groovy light ffects when light reflected off of it....the effect were even groovier when I srunched the stuff up andopened it out...the scrunches cuaght the light beautifully! ^_^
.Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2003, 12:41 PM   #12
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

ah cool cool. ^_^; yeah I need to modify my light saber and add that little blue splashie desgisn at the base of the saber blade and the hilt like the sabers have in pso ^_^; but yeah that saber is HEAVY X_X it was heavy before the batteries but after man it's like 10 pounds lol ^_^; I like the special warnings on the end of it. "the saber blade is made so it doesn't collapse easily especially when it is stabbed into objects people or animals" lol don'tcha just love those warnings ^_^;

Miaka no Baka
Unread 02-05-2003, 01:04 PM   #13
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

yay! I finished my twinkle star! XD it looks sooo cool I'm soo happy with how it turned out and it's soo light! XD The stars are actually see-through one is purple and one is blue just that the camera didn't let them show up all see-throughish ^_^

I've attached a picture. I'm gonnna make a webpagie for how i made it so other ppl can try the same method I used to make a light prop ^_^

Miaka no Baka
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mytwinklestar.jpg (28.7 KB, 20 views)
Unread 02-05-2003, 02:12 PM   #14
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

A marvellous weapon Miaka! ^^

Do the stars light up?...
I was so tempted to make the chameleon staff thingy....but I managed to avoid it!!

Some small info on pandas- Eats, shoots and leaves!
(this is an excellent book btw)
The difference a little punctuation makes!
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2003, 05:09 PM   #15
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

no the stars dont light up, but they are see-through so that'll be good enough. ^_^; if I want to I can pick up some led's and make them light up but oh well. The moons glow in the dark too ^_^

*EDIT* I finally put up the how I made it page ^_^ you can find that here if you are interested:

http://snow.prohosting.com/nanamito/...inklestar.html

Miaka no Baka

Last edited by Miaka No Baka : 02-05-2003 at 10:58 PM.