Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Phoenix Wright

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-12-2008, 08:54 AM   #526
Kaoshima
Legendary Prosecutor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwiffen View Post
Opinions on your Godot? Hm, looking at it, I can see that the wig is rather... everywhere. Perhaps trim it down a bit? Godot has crazy hair, but not that crazy. Maybe try growing your facial hair to resemble Godot's as well? I love it when guys grow beards and the like specifically for cosplay. The costume's clothing is pretty nice itself.
(Sorry it took so long to reply, graduation shenanigans, etc.)

Thanks for your thoughts. I have since started growing out my facial hair to resemble Godot's, it's a nice, full, majestic beard right now, so I'll have to trim it down this weekend to the scruffy sideburn/chinstrap/soul-patch combo he's got. (which will make me kinda sad 'cuz I'd been working on this sweet goatee for a couple months now, but I digress...) As for the wig, I'm pretty inexperienced with wigs, so I'm hesitant to do anything drastic to it like cutting it for fear of completely screwing it up. However, I have tamed it a little with a brush. But like I said, I'm scared of doing much else to it... o_O

Again, thank you for your time.
Kaoshima is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #527
Sharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoshima View Post
(Sorry it took so long to reply, graduation shenanigans, etc.)

Thanks for your thoughts. I have since started growing out my facial hair to resemble Godot's, it's a nice, full, majestic beard right now, so I'll have to trim it down this weekend to the scruffy sideburn/chinstrap/soul-patch combo he's got. (which will make me kinda sad 'cuz I'd been working on this sweet goatee for a couple months now, but I digress...) As for the wig, I'm pretty inexperienced with wigs, so I'm hesitant to do anything drastic to it like cutting it for fear of completely screwing it up. However, I have tamed it a little with a brush. But like I said, I'm scared of doing much else to it... o_O

Again, thank you for your time.
Personally, I think the hair is fine. The big problem with godot cosplays lies in the skin. Godot is orange, no two ways about it. If you really want to look the part, I would suggest putting on some makeup, or getting a spray on tan. I don't know anything about how spray on tans work other than what they generally look like at the end, (orange) so I don't know if that's actually an option.
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #528
DarkenedWings
Objectionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
Personally, I think the hair is fine. The big problem with godot cosplays lies in the skin. Godot is orange, no two ways about it. If you really want to look the part, I would suggest putting on some makeup, or getting a spray on tan. I don't know anything about how spray on tans work other than what they generally look like at the end, (orange) so I don't know if that's actually an option.
His sprites don't look that orange-y to me, actually. :| I agree that Kaoshima could afford to be a little bit more tanned, but orange is not a flattering skintone on anyone. He'd look better with just a natural tan foundation.
Unread 06-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #529
Kaoshima
Legendary Prosecutor

Well, I'm not likely to get a tan the regular way by AMA tomorrow, even if I did tan well, (curse you welsh ancestry!). And being a typical manly kinda guy, I'd probably royally screw up anything make-up related. So I guess I'll just say Godot hasn't gotten a chance to go to the beach yet... :P

Thanks for the input guys.
Kaoshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #530
benihime
Kimono Queen

again, anyone for the pattern for maya's overcoat?

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2008, 09:42 PM   #531
DarkenedWings
Objectionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by benihime
again, anyone for the pattern for maya's overcoat?
A regular kimono pattern would work nicely for her jacket. It might require a little altering, but that's basically what her overcoat is.
Unread 06-12-2008, 10:04 PM   #532
benihime
Kimono Queen

ah see i'm bad at altering i'm not really sure HOW to alter it :\

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #533
Gentleman
The Awesome Paladin

Yea, I've been Phoenix Wright a couple of times, and it's lots of fun!! I just need to work on several other things (like hair, for example)... that one is the hardest part... but all in all... amazing fun. Pretty difficult to rave in that suit, however xD
Unread 06-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #534
Charatone

I am now panicking ;;

My Trucy costume isn't even half finished and the con is in less than two weeks. I have the following;
  • Dress
    Neck scarf
    Blue Material
    Earrings

As you can see I have very little. I have no way of getting shoes as I cannot order online. I'm getting my hair cut for the con, and my ears pierced sometime soon. I haven't an idea how to do the Top Hat, bag and cape.

I'm doomed ;;
Charatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #535
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

I hate to break it to you, but you really wanted to get your ears pierced at least six weeks before the con to be able to take the earrings out and wear your Trucy ones. I had my ears pierced when I was 10 and one of them came out before the holes had properly healed into holes or whatever it is they do, and there was nothing I could do to get the earrings back in.
Unread 06-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #536
Spiral Requiem

CezzaXV: I will actually disagree with you on this one. I got my ears pierced for a second time/second set of holes when I was fifteen or sixteen, and I changed my earrings a couple days later. I had no problem with the one that was pierced straight (and the one that wasn't, well, I fixed that XD After all, the starter earrings are what pierced in the first place, so...).

However, I will agree that if this is your [general you :D] first time getting your ears pierced, you may be better off with using a pair of clip-ons instead. Usually you can find bases for them at other stores; I know my Jo-Ann's carries earring bases, or a Hobby Lobby would have them, as well.

Charatone: First step? Don't-- panic. You can finish this in two weeks! (Coincidentally, which con is this for? Colossalcon, perhaps~?) Remember that Trucy doesn't always have her hat on, so if you wind up running out of time, people won't mind too terribly much. :) For the cape, I know that there is at least one pattern at Jo-Ann's that you could use-- I think it was McCall's 2853.

For the bag, I'd suggest looking around-- you might be able to find something similar and cover it, or build up off of it, or use it as a pattern when you make your own. You can even use plain fabric with some heavy interfacing and just make it entirely.

Finally, for the top hat, again-- look around! You might be able to find one in a store that you could cover with fabric. If it falls to you needing to bite the bullet and make one, a simple google search has a wealth of information on how to make a top-hat, and it doesn't look too hard, either.

The best advice I can give to you now is to just be prepared to work hard and long-- if you commit yourself to it fully, you can have it done and ready in time. Good luck!

[ also, hai gaiz~ 8D been lurking here for a while but haven't had anything to add until now. *wave* ]
Spiral Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #537
Kaitie
Has a friend, Mr. Hat

For the top hat, try Party City. I found a top hat there. It was black, but it was the right size and it was super cheap (like 8 bucks). I took off all the stuff around it and then covered it with the blue material for my cape.

Former Costumes:
Misfit - DC Comics, Trucy Wright - Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Last edited by Kaitie : 06-13-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Kaitie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2008, 02:31 AM   #538
BoredHorror

I'd still be careful about the earings...everyone's ears can react differently to piercings. It took my ears a while to finally heal... and if you'd never had your ears pierced before you might not know.
I'd say just buy some clip ons or magnet earings>>

Last edited by BoredHorror : 06-14-2008 at 02:37 AM.
BoredHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2008, 06:44 AM   #539
The Pie
Louie

I'm going to be Apollo Justice for Anime Evolution 08!

But uhh... I commissioned all my stuff. >____< The only thing I'm doing myself is tying the tie and gelling up my hair, hahahah. It'll be my first cosplay, aghh.

Once I get a camera (if I can afford one...) I'll have some decent pics up.
The Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2008, 09:11 AM   #540
Charatone

Ach, I'm sorry guys I forgot to mention. I don't live in the US, I live in Ireland and I don't have any of those shops around where I live. =|

Also, this will be the second time I've had my ears pierced, I had them done when I was 6 though, if that's helpful.
Charatone is offline   Reply With Quote