Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Phoenix Wright

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-16-2008, 08:20 PM   #541
Katsumiyo
Homework Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by benihime View Post
ah see i'm bad at altering i'm not really sure HOW to alter it :\
I'm in the middle of making Maya's coat...I'm not done, so I'm not sure how well this will work. ^^; But if you're willing to give it a shot:
I'm using Simplicity 4080. Just the pieces for the two front parts and the one back part...no obi, collar, etc. I'm making the two front parts only half as wide as the pattern, so just sort of hack off like 2-4 inches from each side. As for the sleeves, I'm just taking a measurement of the sleeve area on a comfortable jacket for the width and from top of shoulder to wrist for the length.
I'll pot pictures soon, guys. ^^; I got the wig in the mail a couple days ago, and I've finished my yukata thing and am 2/3 done with the sash and bow.
In Progress | Vault 34 Jumpsuit | Sniper Wolf
Planned | Catwoman | Snow White
Cons | ALA | AOD | Cherry Blossom Festival | Fanime
Katsumiyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-18-2008, 08:44 AM   #542
Yueri

Quote:
Originally Posted by CezzaXV View Post
Wow! You did really well on that Maya wig. How did you manage to get the bun to work so well? My attempt at Maya's wig for my sister didnt turn out so good. :P
Oh WOW!
This is a late response, please forgive me!
I used a styrofoam 'egg' shape, that got extensions wrapped around it. After it was covered, i sew it with very broad stitches to the wig mesh. I took some strands of the actual wig that where not that controversial (with that I mean that they would not leave any horrible bald spots or pull anything essential) and just wrapped them around the egg, securing with one stitch. The stitching gets covered by the ribbon/hair ornament, so it doesnt show.

I hope this helps and again, sorry!
Unread 06-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #543
Mindela
Lieks Munchlax

Finishing up Maya's haori and trying my best to sneak some hidden pockets in the sleeves. It'd be nice to be able to slip con badges in there so I won't have them interfering with the necklace. Drilled holes in a bunch of ping pong balls for the beads and hopefully I can get a smooth paint job done before the weekend's over

Never let anyone tell you that you can sand Model Magic. You CAN but the stuff is so porous you'll end up just making a bunch of tiny holes. I tried it on the Magatama I made and it looks kinda like pumice O_o If it doesn't look good painted I'll have to seal it with Elmer's glue or something.
Mindela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 11:21 PM   #544
benihime
Kimono Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindela View Post
Finishing up Maya's haori and trying my best to sneak some hidden pockets in the sleeves. It'd be nice to be able to slip con badges in there so I won't have them interfering with the necklace. Drilled holes in a bunch of ping pong balls for the beads and hopefully I can get a smooth paint job done before the weekend's over

Never let anyone tell you that you can sand Model Magic. You CAN but the stuff is so porous you'll end up just making a bunch of tiny holes. I tried it on the Magatama I made and it looks kinda like pumice O_o If it doesn't look good painted I'll have to seal it with Elmer's glue or something.
you have to cover model magic with something before you paint or else it'll suck the paint in. use gesso, you can buy it @ walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumiyo View Post
I'm in the middle of making Maya's coat...I'm not done, so I'm not sure how well this will work. ^^; But if you're willing to give it a shot:
I'm using Simplicity 4080. Just the pieces for the two front parts and the one back part...no obi, collar, etc. I'm making the two front parts only half as wide as the pattern, so just sort of hack off like 2-4 inches from each side. As for the sleeves, I'm just taking a measurement of the sleeve area on a comfortable jacket for the width and from top of shoulder to wrist for the length.
I'll pot pictures soon, guys. ^^; I got the wig in the mail a couple days ago, and I've finished my yukata thing and am 2/3 done with the sash and bow.
ooo definitely let me know how it goes!!!
i was thinking of getting some kind of pattern like that but i just suck at altering patterns

btw does anyone know what DOES that stupid bow on the side of the fey girl's outfit???

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 11:31 PM   #545
TR Rose
Meowing About

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yueri View Post
Oh WOW!
This is a late response, please forgive me!
I used a styrofoam 'egg' shape, that got extensions wrapped around it. After it was covered, i sew it with very broad stitches to the wig mesh. I took some strands of the actual wig that where not that controversial (with that I mean that they would not leave any horrible bald spots or pull anything essential) and just wrapped them around the egg, securing with one stitch. The stitching gets covered by the ribbon/hair ornament, so it doesnt show.

I hope this helps and again, sorry!
That's very useful information! I'll need to keep that in mind when I work on Maya.
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 11:55 PM   #546
Thia Fayne
casually topless

Quote:
Originally Posted by benihime View Post
btw does anyone know what DOES that stupid bow on the side of the fey girl's outfit???
What exactly do you mean by that? I'm in the middle of making Maya and Pearl costumes and am actually doing the bow as a separate pin-on piece to make it easier.
Thia Fayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #547
benihime
Kimono Queen

well yeah but we never see a picture of it to the side so we technically don't know what the bow actually looks like, or am i missing something?

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

Unread 06-21-2008, 12:05 AM   #548
Thia Fayne
casually topless

Oh, well, I just made mine using this tutorial.
Thia Fayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #549
Mindela
Lieks Munchlax

Actually Model Magic has never really given me trouble with paint as long as it's acrylic. In fact, gold acrylic paint has always turned out surprisingly stunning for some reason.

I don't like that tutorial because that's not really what Maya and Pearl's obi bows are like. I made mine by making two rounded triangle "pillows" and attaching them to two long interfaced strips
Mindela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #550
benihime
Kimono Queen

well gesso also makes it stronger ive found out but whatever works

i don't either, it's technically not a bow and it stresses me out (okay well not really) that i can't see it really well

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

Unread 06-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #551
Charatone

I'm on a roll again. I'm making the buttons to Trucy's dress as I type, I am getting knee socks on Monday and I'll be starting her bag tomorrow.

I'm struggling with her top hat and shoes though. I cannot order online and nowhere sells white knee height boots. Only black and brown.
Charatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #552
Katsumiyo
Homework Vigilante

I made my bow a separate piece, too, along with the sash, and they clip onto the...waist sash thing. The bow is very odd, it's folded so the two looped pieces are touching each other.
Anyhow, I finished my Maya costume:
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/116669/
Could use a little work, but I think otherwise it came out well for only two weeks of work. ^^;
In Progress | Vault 34 Jumpsuit | Sniper Wolf
Planned | Catwoman | Snow White
Cons | ALA | AOD | Cherry Blossom Festival | Fanime
Katsumiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #553
infinitydragon
high caffeene content

im begining to think about next years costumes and im thinking about doing sister iris;
my art book has pictures of the top half of her outfit, but i cant find any of the bottom.
anyone know here there is any, or am i just going to haft to guess?
Utsuho Reiuzi (Touhou Project)

Cons:
London Expo May 2010
J-Culture Con 2010

infinitydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #554
Gwiffen

There's this black-and-white image and her courtroom witness sprite. Both are SPOILERS for Trials and Tribulations.
Gwiffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 01:11 PM   #555
infinitydragon
high caffeene content

i forgot about those.
Utsuho Reiuzi (Touhou Project)

Cons:
London Expo May 2010
J-Culture Con 2010

infinitydragon is offline   Reply With Quote