Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Phoenix Wright

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-06-2008, 08:09 PM   #586
KaZzu
Fish Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitie View Post
Is the outer part made of plastic too, or is that clay?
I cant expose all my trade secrets about it XD but the silver parts are made from craftfoam (again, yay lightweight material).

~ Prop Commissioner ~

Sakuracon 08

- Phoenix Wright: Phoenix Wright
- Miles Edgeworth : Phoenix Wright
- Godot : Phoenix Wright
- Time-skip Simon : Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

KaZzu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #587
Kaitie
Has a friend, Mr. Hat

And what kind of glue did you use... Just kidding.

I don't think, even if you gave me step-by-step instructions, I could mimic that. It's true skill.

Just out of curiousity, if I screw things up how much are your commissions?

Former Costume:
Trucy Wright - Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Kaitie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2008, 10:18 PM   #588
Kiero1125
Weighted Companion Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagomeChann View Post
I'm working on Pearl cosplay for Otakon.

WTF, I don't understand how her obi bow works....I could only find reference art of her left side and and front...

It looks like the bow is going through her coat???
Can other Pearl cosplayers help me out on this? Anyone have any more reference art for her?
The bow doesn't go through her coat it's just really large and in front of it. If that makes any sense.... ^_^;;;

Also, check on court-records.net for more art. It's pretty much the best resource for any PW/AJ cosplayer.
Unread 07-06-2008, 11:44 PM   #589
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

While we're on the subject for brooches and stuff, what do you recommend for Franziska's brooch (on her bow) and buttons? They're a bit thicker than Trucy's brooch.

http://www.court-records.net/arts/OA...0franziska.jpg
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2008, 11:48 PM   #590
KaZzu
Fish Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
While we're on the subject for brooches and stuff, what do you recommend for Franziska's brooch (on her bow) and buttons? They're a bit thicker than Trucy's brooch.

http://www.court-records.net/arts/OA...0franziska.jpg
I've seen people just make them out of clay and paint them. They're not really translucent like Trucy's brooch is kinda, so it would work with some high gloss paint instead.

~ Prop Commissioner ~

Sakuracon 08

Unread 07-07-2008, 01:03 AM   #591
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaZzu View Post
I've seen people just make them out of clay and paint them. They're not really translucent like Trucy's brooch is kinda, so it would work with some high gloss paint instead.
Sweet, thanks a lot. That's actually what I was thinking about doing, but I wasn't sure how it would look or if it would be too heavy or whatever.
Unread 07-07-2008, 01:05 AM   #592
KaZzu
Fish Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
Sweet, thanks a lot. That's actually what I was thinking about doing, but I wasn't sure how it would look or if it would be too heavy or whatever.
I havent worked with alot of bake-type clay like Fimo and Sculpy (just an attorney badge), but paperclay is nice and light. But with that, you sacrifice a little durability. The good thing is its cheap to try either stuff out.

~ Prop Commissioner ~

Sakuracon 08

Unread 07-07-2008, 01:23 AM   #593
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Thanks, I'll try both types of clay out.
Unread 07-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #594
Elendriel
God of Mischief

hey everyone!! Just got back from AX - EPIC!! for Pheonix Wright!!

Wanted to share some random photos we took when we debuted our Diego Armando and Godot cosplays XD http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/118360/ Enjoy!!

Also for clay/brooches etc - model magic works well except keep in mind it DOES shrink....for more translucent material, resin is amazing (you can find it sometimes at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joanns, etc), paper clay I'll agree with Kazzu, it's very light, it works well, but just be careful even after you've made your items

*Planned cons for 12*
WW Chicago, TVD NJ, Dragon*Con, AWA, NYCC, Chicago TARDIS, Youmacon, TVD Orlando
Elendriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #595
KaZzu
Fish Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakedSchemer View Post
hey everyone!! Just got back from AX - EPIC!! for Pheonix Wright!!

Wanted to share some random photos we took when we debuted our Diego Armando and Godot cosplays XD http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/118360/ Enjoy!!

Also for clay/brooches etc - model magic works well except keep in mind it DOES shrink....for more translucent material, resin is amazing (you can find it sometimes at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joanns, etc), paper clay I'll agree with Kazzu, it's very light, it works well, but just be careful even after you've made your items
Nice cosplays! I really like your Godot's wig.

I wanted to try resin casting for some other projects, but I dont have enough money for all the supplies =___=;;

~ Prop Commissioner ~

Sakuracon 08

Unread 07-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #596
Spazzo-sama

Hello everyone! *waves* I've been browsing this thread for a while, and I thought I'd actually talk. Er, post.

I'm doing a Trucy cosplay for my second-ever cosplay, and due to my inexperience with costume construction I have a couple questions.

I've been trying to figure out what to make Trucy's buttons and broach out of, and so far I've come up with Sculpey and Fimo. I'm on a bit of a tight budget (I think I'll be able to coerce my mom into buying the fabric, but I have to get everything else), and I was wondering which one was better for constructing things like her broach (and what the price difference is). Or would something else work better?

Also, for all you Trucy cosplayers out there, are you making your hats or covering cheap ones with fabric? I was thinking of getting a cheapo one from a party store or something and covering it with cape fabric.

Thanks! Sorry if I dumped a bunch of annoying questions on you all at once, I don't really know what I'm doing. ^^;
Unread 07-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #597
ApolloNoUta
Cosplayer in Training

Hello people!

My sister and I are making a little Gyakuten group for next year, but we've run into a prop problem...

Her boyfriend is going to be dressing up like Valant, BUT- we have no idea where to find stuff to make the end part of his staff/cane thingy. We know we could buy a dowel, but as for the things at the end, we looked around at finials, but they are extremely expensive and none of them look right.

Also, another problem with the Valant costume... Does anyone know where we could find mens' white knee-high boots?

Any help would be VERY appreciated!

Future Costumes
April May - Gyakuten Saiban - 0%, Rain Mikamura - G Gundam - 0%
ApolloNoUta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #598
KaZzu
Fish Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by teggy16 View Post
Hello people!

My sister and I are making a little Gyakuten group for next year, but we've run into a prop problem...

Her boyfriend is going to be dressing up like Valant, BUT- we have no idea where to find stuff to make the end part of his staff/cane thingy. We know we could buy a dowel, but as for the things at the end, we looked around at finials, but they are extremely expensive and none of them look right.

Also, another problem with the Valant costume... Does anyone know where we could find mens' white knee-high boots?

Any help would be VERY appreciated!

Cosworx has a few boots that aren't too expensive.

As far as your staff, a dowel sounds good with probably paperclay on the end (since you dont have to bake paperclay). Thats what I would do anyway.

~ Prop Commissioner ~

Sakuracon 08

Unread 07-09-2008, 04:08 PM   #599
Kii
love love guilty.~

Clay would probably be the best option for the thing on the end of the stick. I made a similar stick for my Trucy cosplay, and I just took some white Sculpey, made the shape on the wood, then carefully slid it off and baked it, and once it was hard, I put some glue on the hole on the inside and put it back on. Then painted over the dowel and the clay. If that makes sense. Paperclay would probably be easier, but not as strong. I'm not sure how much that would matter for this...
Now I just gotta figure out how to keep my cape from slipping around. The broach is kind of heavy.
Unread 07-09-2008, 04:09 PM   #600
RantymSvyn

Hey, I'm new here and for my first Phoenix Wright cosplay I was thinking of going as Matt Engarde. The pants, boots and gloves should be easy enough, but I was wondering if any of you veteran cosplayers had any tips for the shirt. I'm sorta bad at finding vague patterns online... x_x Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
RantymSvyn is offline   Reply With Quote