Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Phoenix Wright

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #1126
Rentorah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi no Hana View Post
A friend of mine just got her Ema costume from this guy: http://myworld.ebay.com/lotahk/

Even though he only has the older Ema costume listed, he does excellent custom work as well so I would think you can just get the vest and bag.
Ok, I'll check him out! Thank you very much!
Rentorah is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-06-2010, 02:24 AM   #1127
Thia Fayne
casually topless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi no Hana View Post
Hey, I just bought a black top hat for my Trucy costume, and I have the fabric too. I was wondering if anyone had some tips on how to best go about covering that hat.
Covering hats is a bit of a pain in the butt, but it's definitely doable! If it's the actual covering itself you're wondering about, I can write up something more detailed later, but as far as tips go... If you have the $$ to spare picking up a top hat pattern might be a good place to start if you're completely lost. Leave some seam allowance in case you mess up -- it's always easier to take something in than to deal with a too-small piece of fabric. Also, be prepared to do a lot of sewing -> putting it on the hat -> checking/marking places that are too loose/tight -> pulling it off the hat, rinse and repeat, a LOT of times if you want it to fit really well and close (especially if you are using a non-stretch fabric). Cutting it on the bias might help with that (which I stupidly didn't think of until way too late). Try to iron/steam the whole thing (while the cover is on the hat) once you're done to make it look crisper.

Hope that helped! Like I said, I can write up something more thorough later if you'd like.

Aaaand in related topics, since this involves covered hats, I just got back from AX where I cosplayed some Ace Attorney stuff! Here's a sneak peek of my group's Gramarye Troupe cosplay -- more photos coming soon!
Thia Fayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #1128
moonfall

I'm looking for a wig for younger Franziska. I think the New Look Cleo 601 would work best (in silver, possibly dyed a bit of a blue tint). I'm also considering the Alicia, but concerned the layering won't look right.
Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji, butler outfit)
Rose Bride Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena, need new wig)
Twilight Sparkle's Gala Dress (My Little Pony: FiM)
moonfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2010, 07:02 PM   #1129
Thia Fayne
casually topless

@moonfall -- I think either way you'd have to cut it, since young Franziska's hair only just comes to her shoulders. I used to have an Alicia and I actually think it'd work really well if you cut all the layers to the length of the shortest one. And silver dyed light blue sounds like it would work perfect.
Thia Fayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #1130
moonfall

I ordered the Cleo, since it doesn't have layers. My normal Franziska wig is silver, since I've been afraid to try dying it. Last time I tried Sharpie dye, it made a huge mess. Plus I'm worried about dying it too dark.
Unread 07-14-2010, 12:18 AM   #1131
Cyan Bloodbane
No Time for Heroes

Heya, Looking to do a Godot costume. Anyone have a good how-to guide? Wanna see what others have tried before me.
Cyan Bloodbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 05:19 AM   #1132
marioblanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyan Bloodbane View Post
Heya, Looking to do a Godot costume. Anyone have a good how-to guide? Wanna see what others have tried before me.
The cosplay.com member Kazzu has a legendary Godot costume, and I know he's given tons of tips on these forums and the ones over at www.court-records.net. You can also find him on deviant art.

I have a close friend who has a really good Godot costume as well, but he hasn't been a very active member of any communities since he put the costume together. I just know that he put the mask together by using a wire hanger as the "skeleton" and molding craft foam over it. He used some sort of red acrylic stuff for the lenses and a nice metallic silver spray paint to make the mask nice and shiny.

Good luck! :)
marioblanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 03:34 AM   #1133
AriEmeraldstar

*sneaks into the thread* Hello...

I'm looking to put together an Apollo Justice costume. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on wigs? I'm completely clueless as to where to start, let alone how to style his horns ^_^;;

@marioblanket: I'm sorry, but I canNOT stop laughing at your avatar. xD It's too hilarious!
AriEmeraldstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 12:18 AM   #1134
moonfall

Progress on young Franny: I have the "vest" part of her dress done (although I need to sew a couple buttons back on), and I just need to cut the bottom to the right length and add bias tape (I ran out).
Unread 07-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #1135
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Seeking help as I am having fits of rage!

Ok. Not really. But I have exhausted my creative brain at this point.

I'm in the process of making Dahlia Hawthorne's outfit. The issue that I'm having is with her lace trim on the dress and umbrella.

Since it's so particular, finding it at a craft store is not feasible. I've never made lace from scratch before, and after doing an online search, I don't have the time/money to really start down that road. I know how to crochet (though it's been nearly a decade), but the yarn look isn't right for this. The only thing that I have is some left-over organza that I used for the shawl. Sewing/stitching isn't working. Fray Check is being incredibly messy. Truly...I don't know where to go from here. Other materials that I have: a limited amount of pink cotton from another costume (but it's darker then I would like for this outfit). Anyone have suggestions to help out this poor little cosplayer?
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt

Last edited by tifaia : 07-21-2010 at 09:25 AM.
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #1136
ryuteju

So I just bought these http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/8907/emaglasses.jpg , they're the glasses I had found that were really cheap and great for Ema Skye cosplay, but they're missing the pink lens.
Any suggestions on how to make them pink? Will some kind of pink transparent-sticker-paper-thing work even if the lens are dark?
ryuteju is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #1137
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuteju View Post
So I just bought these http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/8907/emaglasses.jpg , they're the glasses I had found that were really cheap and great for Ema Skye cosplay, but they're missing the pink lens.
Any suggestions on how to make them pink? Will some kind of pink transparent-sticker-paper-thing work even if the lens are dark?
The plastic lenses might be too dark to do this, but have you thought about fabric dye and plexiglas to replace the lenses?

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=57957.0

I just used this technique for a necklace and it turned out well.
Unread 07-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #1138
ryuteju

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
The plastic lenses might be too dark to do this, but have you thought about fabric dye and plexiglas to replace the lenses?

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=57957.0

I just used this technique for a necklace and it turned out well.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't know if it'd work out since lens are curved and plexiglas isn't, unless there is a way to bend it.
I might try something with the fabric dye tho!
Unread 07-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #1139
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuteju View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't know if it'd work out since lens are curved and plexiglas isn't, unless there is a way to bend it.
I might try something with the fabric dye tho!
It's pretty easy to bend as long as you have a heat source, since it's not really glass but a type of polymer plastic. I used a hair dryer that has both a hot and cold setting (hot to get the plexi to bend, cold to keep it in place) so having an assistant really helps. >.>
Unread 07-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #1140
ryuteju

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
It's pretty easy to bend as long as you have a heat source, since it's not really glass but a type of polymer plastic. I used a hair dryer that has both a hot and cold setting (hot to get the plexi to bend, cold to keep it in place) so having an assistant really helps. >.>
I didn't know you could bend it so easily! Thank you!! : )