Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Phoenix Wright

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #1141
moonfall

13-year-old Franziska is done and debuted at Metrocon. I still don't have the wig I ordered, but I found a better color in the convention dealers' room. The costume does need a bit of fine-tuning still, but I do have pictures I'd like to upload soon.
Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji, butler outfit)
Rose Bride Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena, need new wig)
Twilight Sparkle's Gala Dress (My Little Pony: FiM)
moonfall is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-31-2010, 10:24 AM   #1142
MadameEvelyn
Listless Dreamer

I'm really in love with this series, so I'd really like to do Mia someday... *sniff*

But, otherwise, I was considering Lotta Hart. I think it suits me!
MadameEvelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 12:15 AM   #1143
Thia Fayne
casually topless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
Seeking help as I am having fits of rage!

Ok. Not really. But I have exhausted my creative brain at this point.

I'm in the process of making Dahlia Hawthorne's outfit. The issue that I'm having is with her lace trim on the dress and umbrella.

Since it's so particular, finding it at a craft store is not feasible. I've never made lace from scratch before, and after doing an online search, I don't have the time/money to really start down that road. I know how to crochet (though it's been nearly a decade), but the yarn look isn't right for this. The only thing that I have is some left-over organza that I used for the shawl. Sewing/stitching isn't working. Fray Check is being incredibly messy. Truly...I don't know where to go from here. Other materials that I have: a limited amount of pink cotton from another costume (but it's darker then I would like for this outfit). Anyone have suggestions to help out this poor little cosplayer?
Yay, another Dahlia! I was lucky enough to get amazing help on my lace from the amazing cosplayer Flowery -- she suggested using felt, stenciling/cutting the pattern onto it and then glueing it to sheer fabric (I used the same organza I used for my shawl~) It turned out really well and I was super happy with the results, so I'd definitely recommend that method :3 Dahlia's lace is so huge it's almost not even lace. XD;; And don't forget that the lace on her dress is flipped compared to the lace on her umbrella!

I have hardly any photos of my costume since I just wore it this past weekend, but here's one with my Diego (taken by user "Ness and Lucas")! I'll try and find a better shot of the umbrella/lace ^^;;
Thia Fayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #1144
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thia Fayne View Post
Yay, another Dahlia! I was lucky enough to get amazing help on my lace from the amazing cosplayer Flowery -- she suggested using felt, stenciling/cutting the pattern onto it and then glueing it to sheer fabric (I used the same organza I used for my shawl~) It turned out really well and I was super happy with the results, so I'd definitely recommend that method :3 Dahlia's lace is so huge it's almost not even lace. XD;; And don't forget that the lace on her dress is flipped compared to the lace on her umbrella!

I have hardly any photos of my costume since I just wore it this past weekend, but here's one with my Diego (taken by user "Ness and Lucas")! I'll try and find a better shot of the umbrella/lace ^^;;
Thanks a bunch! I ended up going in an...interesting direction that turned out well. My printer. >.> Created a stencil, printed it onto fabric, and started cutting/sewing. Oddest thing I've ever done that worked.

Umbrella --> http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2654648/

I do plan on redoing it with the dress since it doesn't look quite right, so that's a great idea with the felt. Thanks again! ^^
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 01:22 AM   #1145
Shii Arisugawa

small & slender. if you squeeze her too hard, her bones will break.

Last edited by Shii Arisugawa : 03-20-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: forgot to add the bracelet tutorial link!
Shii Arisugawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #1146
devious-tofu
BRITCHES AND HOSE

Thia Fayne - I know I already told you this, but you made a fantastic Dahlia!

Shii Arisugawa - That's really impressive! The wig looks great! I can't wait to see pics of you and your Maya~

As for myself, I debuted my Shih-na cosplay this past weekend at Otakon. There are some pictures in my gallery if you'd like to take a look!
devious-tofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #1147
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thia Fayne View Post
Wanted to say thank you again for the idea of using felt! I've been kicking myself for not coming to this conclusion sooner. I did the exact same thing for my Bayonetta costume months ago with the gloves as my other fabric being finicky. But this was a great fix for the last piece of Dahlia's dress and fits perfectly with the technique I used with the parasol.

Really love your rendition of Dahlia, by the way. Hope Godot checked his coffee. >.>

@devious-tofu: Hurray! Someone did Shih-na. We just need a Yew to juxtapose with you. XD Love your wig so much.
Unread 08-17-2010, 05:22 AM   #1148
Shii Arisugawa

small & slender. if you squeeze her too hard, her bones will break.

Last edited by Shii Arisugawa : 03-20-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Shii Arisugawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #1149
Angelx624
Grell's #1 Fangirl

I really hope I can cosplay Max Galactica next year. XD He is ab-so-lu-te-ly FABULOUS! x3

But I'm working on an Olga Orly from Apollo Justice cosplay for Sac-Anime next week. ^^ It'll be her bad version. xD
Ian Yorkland
Teru
Captain Marvelous
Akikoroid
Apple Bloom
Taffyta Muttonfudge

Last edited by Angelx624 : 08-28-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #1150
sexytime10
See you next week

My friend and I have some future plans to go as Damon Gant (Ganto Kaiji) and Jake Marshall (Zaimon Kyousuke). We haven't 100% decided that we're going to do this though. However, if we do, maybe we can get a Mike Meekins and a Dick Gumshoe to complete the police force?
sexytime10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #1151
joanamysts

I have plans to go as Kay Faraday to PortCon next year. I was tempted to ask my boyfriend to be Edgeworth, but he's never played the series and I'd feel bad if the fangirls got a hold of him :3
joanamysts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #1152
ThreadofFate
Princess of Spazz

I'm going as a revamped version of my Rise!Ema Skye at NYAF this year, and I have to make her bag. Ugh, it's so hard to find a satchel that's pink! :/

Next year, I hope to do Dahlia as well.
ThreadofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #1153
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadofFate View Post
I'm going as a revamped version of my Rise!Ema Skye at NYAF this year, and I have to make her bag. Ugh, it's so hard to find a satchel that's pink! :/

Next year, I hope to do Dahlia as well.
Yea! More Dahlia's to take over the world! >.>

Debuted Dahlia this past weekend at AnimeFest. Hope to have photos and costume details up within the next few days. Surprised at how often I was stopped for a picture.
Unread 09-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #1154
Angelx624
Grell's #1 Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexytime10 View Post
My friend and I have some future plans to go as Damon Gant (Ganto Kaiji) and Jake Marshall (Zaimon Kyousuke). We haven't 100% decided that we're going to do this though. However, if we do, maybe we can get a Mike Meekins and a Dick Gumshoe to complete the police force?
OMGJAKE!!!! TT_TT <3 I officially love you, now. :'D Jake was one of my favorite characters in the 1st game. ^^ Actually, he pretty much is my favorite in the 1st game, minus the main characters. XD
Ian Yorkland
Teru
Captain Marvelous
Akikoroid
Apple Bloom
Taffyta Muttonfudge
Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #1155
sexytime10
See you next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelx624 View Post
OMGJAKE!!!! TT_TT <3 I officially love you, now. :'D Jake was one of my favorite characters in the 1st game. ^^ Actually, he pretty much is my favorite in the 1st game, minus the main characters. XD
<3 u 2
After a lot of thinking, I finally reached the verdict of "How the hell can I make my afro into Gant's hairstyle?" So instead, I'll be going as Jake Marshall (maybe, wear a wig?) And my friend will go as Meekins (maybe).
sexytime10 is offline   Reply With Quote