Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Phoenix Wright

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-22-2011, 06:53 AM   #1246
cookiepianos

Thanks! If you ever find them, let me see ~

Lol, at least you're creative and keep coming up with different usernames - you don't use the same username everywhere like I do >.<

Oh yes, I see you've watched me! I'll watch you, too ^_^ Your ID photo looks awesome, who took it? Do you have a professional photographer or something? That featured photo of you in those stripy socks is really good too, who took that? Lol, sorry for the random questions unrelated to anything, I just wish I had such pretty photos of myself T_T

O-OK... 0_o Do'h, it sounds good... Well, I managed to watch Kick-Ass behind the saftey of a pillow, so maybe I could try watching it - I'll make sure to keep my trusty pillow handy, lol

Yeah! It's a really easy one to do, I think you'd look good as her - and Adrian too, if you ever do decide to go as her and take your Matt plushie ~

Thanks, I think I will treat myself to that wig - not that I've been short of treats lately - monocles, long noses, magnifying glasses, etc. XD
cookiepianos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #1247
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

Okay!

Hahaha, aww. XD Well at least if you use the same one, you'll never forget it!

Thanks! I do have a photographer! She and I have become very good friends through our work. You can check out her dA here if you'd like: http://rayerayeq.deviantart.com/
The photo of me in the rainbow socks was actually just taken in my room with my camera's self-timer. ^^; And it's no problem! You can probably find a con photographer for a good price.

Yeah, Kick-Ass was pretty bad in the gore department. I think I remember it having a lot of blood.

Oh, well thanks I'll consider them both!

Yay! When it arrives, be sure to take some pics in your full Viola ensemble; I'd love to see the final product!
Heavens_Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #1248
cookiepianos

Thanks!

Lol, I guess XD

Ooh, that's so cool! What work did you become friends through? Sorry for the intrusive question, I'd just like to know how one meets a professional photographer.

Daaw, I wish I could take such awesome photos of myself ;_; And where should I look for a con photographer in the UK? I wouldn't know where to look. Would I even be able to have one, what with the epic amount of travel it takes for me to get there? How exactly does it work, meeting up with them and everything? Sorry for all the questions, it just sounds like an awesome idea but I have no idea on how would all work ^_^;

Yeah, I'll look up that Repo film, then - with my pillow, I can get through anything! XD

OK

Thanks! And of course, I definitely will!

Hey, another random Viola question - do you think I should use make-up to do dark circles under my eyes or something, to look creepier? Or would that just look weird?

EDIT: Oh, I just remembered that the other day, I found an old art project I made in school, of Daryan and Machi made out of clay: http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1311361327

Lol, this is why I should leave the craft making to my mum and nan >.<

Last edited by cookiepianos : 07-22-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Unread 07-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #1249
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

Oh it's not intrusive at all, no worries! We met at a convention earlier in the year; I had pretty much rushed to book a photographer so I just chose a random one that happened to be her. We met up and totally hit it off right away!

I'd check online... I find mine through my Florida Cosplay FB group and on the forums here. I'd look there first.

Hahaha

Hmm, I would do very subtle grey under the eyes and dark on your eyelids. Definitely some eyeliner.

Awwwh they look so cute!

Last edited by Heavens_Night : 07-22-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Unread 07-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #1250
cookiepianos

Oh, that was lucky then, to meet someone you got along well with

Sorry to ask more questions, but what's a 'Cosplay FB group'? Are there any UK ones? I'd like to have a look

Thanks for the make-up advice! As I said before, I know nothing of make-up, lol. I'll have a go at that, and see what it looks like ^_^

Lol, you really think so? I made it ages ago (2008, I think), so you're allowed to be honest XD It was my first and only attempt at making anything from clay. I distinctly remember it being a pain in the rear to make - I had to redo them a billion times, as the clay kept hardening before I'd finished making them, and falling apart T_T Is it usually that difficult to make stuff out of clay, or was I doing something wrong? Because I'd like to venture into making clay things for my cosplays, etc., but it was so haaard before >.<
Unread 07-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #1251
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

Yup ^^

Well my friend made a group on Facebook for Florida cosplayers. We have about 500 members. We post advice, progress photos, photography bookings, etc. I guess you could search for one.

Sounds great! I'm a theatre makeup junkie so if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask, lol.

Nah I think they look good!
I use Sculpey clay which you bake, so it's impossible for it to harden before you finish. I sometimes leave my WIPs out for days before I finish them. Making things out of clay takes a lot of practice and patience. Making clay things has been my part-time job for about 2 years now, so I've gone from extremely bad to decent. xD
Unread 07-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #1252
cookiepianos

Oh, right! FB = Facebook - Sorry, I'm a dunce >.<

I actually don't have a Facebook account - do you think I should get one? Is it a good website? I'm kinda completely new to the whole internet, lol. I've lurked around for years, but it's only now that I've started joining websites and posting on forums, etc.

Thanks! I'll ask you if I ever need any more make-up help

OK then, thanks ^_^ It's nice to know they look OK, considering how ridiculously hard they were to make XD

I'll have to try getting some of this Sculpey clay - you can leave it for days?! I had to finish mine in a few hours, or they started going hard and falling apart >.< They had to be put into a kiln once finished, I guess that's the same as baking - so what went wrong with mine? Was it sucky clay, or was it because I'm a sucky maker? XD Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want a repeat of my traumatic clay-making experience T_T

Oh, you have a part-time job to do with clay making? What exactly is it? And don't just call yourself 'decent', that psyche-lock necklace I saw in your DeviantART gallery was epicly amazing and detailed <3
Unread 07-23-2011, 01:56 AM   #1253
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

No worries ^^ I personally love Facebook, but to each their own.

Yup! Well, I just bake mine in the oven.
It might have just been cheap clay, but I can't say for sure. I would definitely recommend getting Sculpey online or at your local craft store; I always do a few coats of paint and some glaze after I'm done baking my charms. It makes it look more neat and finished.

Well, I consider doing commissions/selling things online to be a part-time job. c: And awh thank you! ;; I did put a lot of time into making that piece.
Unread 07-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #1254
cookiepianos

Maybe I will try venturing onto Facebook, then, it does sound good - lol, I must be the only person who isn't on Facebook yet, I'm such an internet n00b >.<

Well, I suppose there's no harm in having a go - I need to move on, I can't let my traumatic first time impact on the rest of my life... Lol, it happened 3 years ago and I'd completely forgotten about it until now - I really need to get over it XD

And I just looked it up, and it says something about staying soft until you bake it, unlike most other clays, so it sounds like my school just supplied stupid clay, lol. So thanks for your advice, I think I will have a go at it

Ooh, I hope my art commissions take off as well as your clay ones. ^_^ And how long did that psyche-lock take to make? Would you consider ever making anything like that again? I just really love it, I kinda want one <3

Also, how did you attach the chain to the psyche-lock? Sorry for the random question, I'm just wondering how it's done, so I can do stuff like that if I discover that I have a talent for making clay things out of something better than school supplied clay XD
Unread 07-24-2011, 01:00 AM   #1255
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

LOL no worries! :3 You can never be too late to the party.

Hahahaha, I totally understand. A lot of times I'll attempt something, fail miserably and then not want to try again until like months after. For example, if I get to a difficult/frustrating part in a video game that I can't beat, I'll like abandon the game and then randomly pick it back up & finish it like a year later. XD

Awesome! Good luck!

The psyche-lock only took about 30 minutes. It was a miniature piece so it didn't take as long. ^_^ Yes, I would! I may consider putting up a listing on Etsy when I get the time. <:

I stuck an eye pin into the clay, and baked it; then I just attached a jumpring and fed the chain through the ring. c: If you look closely at the constructio nof the necklace, you'll see what I mean.
Unread 07-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #1256
cookiepianos

Lol, I guess so XD

I do exactly that, too! When I first played Apollo Justice, I got stuck and abandoned it for months - but when I finally wanted to play it again, I couldn't find it and had to get a new one >.<

Only 30 minutes? I know it's small, but it looks so detailed that I thought it would have taken a while. Ooh, if you ever feel like you could make another one then, please put it on Etsy so I can buy it straight away XD

Thanks! Oh yeah, I can see what you mean. I'll have a go at something like that once I get some of that clay

And thanks for the good luck, I'll probably need it XD
Unread 07-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #1257
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

Whenever I get stuck on AA games I just look at a walkthrough. It helps a lot. c:

Yep! I certainly will ^^ I'll reserve it just for you~!

Cool, if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

So are you planning to cosplay from any other series? What are some of your other favorite anime, video games, etc.?
Unread 07-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #1258
cookiepianos

Lol, I know I should, but I'm stubborn and want to finish it without any help >.<

Really? You would do that for me? Thank you so much, I'd love that! ^_^

Thanks, I'll ask if I need any more help

My manga/anime favourite would have to be Death Note, and video games would be other 'detective' games similar to Ace Attorney - Ghost Trick, Hotel Dusk, Another Code, etc. And what about you? What else do you like?

For my non Ace Attorney cosplays - well, apart from the Penguin, right now I've nearly finished a Matt from Death Note cosplay, and Fry from Futurama. (that was what the ulterior motive red jacket I had for my birthday was for) I just need to get a wig. I contacted another Fry cosplayer on here, who was very helpful in telling me where they got their wig from - I'm dreading having to style it myself, though T_T Have you needed to style any of your wigs?

Also, I went into the suggestion thread on the crossplaying forum, and got a suggestion to do Master Guy from Naruto XD I'd LOVE to do that now I've thought of it! Lol, what's wrong with me? At least the Penguin and Luke were out of convenience of already having some of the stuff, Master Guy is something I'd have to make from scratch XD I wouldn't know how to do his eyebrows, though - I was going to ask other people who have cosplayed him on here how they did theirs, but I'm kinda worried that they'll reply that it's their real eyebrows

The other day my mum asked WHY I want to do all these ugly ones, as I'm a pretty girl - she says she doesn't mind taking me like that, but she doesn't understand why I want to dress up as stupid looking men XD I don't really understand it myself, to be honest, I just think it's awesome for some reason XD

Lol, sorry for the epic rant, I just have loads I want to do ^_^;
Unread 07-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #1259
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

Of course

Cool! My favorite anime is probably Durarara!!, and my other favorite games are Portal, the Silent Hill series, the Final Fantasy games, the Mother/Earthbound series, Yume Nikki, and agh a lot of others. I'm really pretty obsessed with video games, lmao.
Yep, I always style my wigs. For a lot of them I buy long wigs and then cut them to my desired length. For some, I have to put them in ponytails and others are a little more involved. I've also done some wig commissions, with making spikes and such.

My friend who cosplayed England just painted over hers with eyebrow pencil. You have a lot of options, it's pretty simple.

Ahahaha XD I know what you mean. I don't have too many desires to crossplay, because I'm pretty girly in real life and I like to wear short skirts and heels and such. I think it'd be fun to give it a go once or twice, though!

No prob ^^ I have 3 or 4 that I'm focusing on right now.
Unread 07-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #1260
cookiepianos

Thank you! ^_^

I haven't heard of that anime, I'll have to look it up And lol, I don't do that much video gaming anymore - I kinda suck at it XD So I just stick to my beloved detective style games <3

With the Fry wig, it's just a plain short anime wig - the person I asked about cosplaying Fry said that they made extra 'wefts' of hair out of matching colour hair braids, and attached them to the front of the wig to style into his quiff thing. Do you know anything about doing stuff like that? How to make 'wefts' out of hair braids, and how to then attach them to the wig? Thanks

Are there any photos of your friend with her eyebrows done? I kinda want them to look big and bushy, rather than flat. I'm thinking about sticking rectangles of felt or something over my eyebrows, but I'm not sure what with - tape, or glue made for sticking on your face, or something like that, maybe? I'm worried that sticking stuff on my eyebrows would make them come off when I pull the felt off, though XD

Lol, I'm not much of a 'pretty' girl - I dress up pretty when I go out somewhere nice, but the rest of the time I just slob about in jeans and a shirt. I never wear makeup except for if it's needed in a cosplay, and the only styling of my hair that I do is straightening it, as it looks like a huge messy afro frizzball if I don't XD I also don't own any heels, except a few small chunky lolita style pairs - and even those I only wear for pretty photos and evenings out that won't require much walking XD

Would you ever consider doing an ugly crossplay, with stuff like big noses, etc., or is that just me? XD I haven't debuted any of my ugly crossplays yet, but I can't wait to - I don't know, maybe the allure is that it's funny to be able to go out in public looking really stupid, and people liking you for it XD Which is weird, as I'm usually such a shy, reserved person

Ah, OK then! Also, where are you now? That photo of you on DeviantART said you were travelling to the con - is it soon? And how come you decided to switch from Mia? Who will you be doing now, instead? Lol, sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious ^_^;