Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Phoenix Wright

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-25-2011, 12:57 AM   #1261
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

Awwh, yeah it's always good to go back to no-combat games. :3 I'm terrible at shooters.

I've never had to work with wefts before; But to attach wefts, you would need to sew them onto the lace top. I honestly would just recommend spiking the front of the wig up.

When I'm at home or just going out and about with a friend, I don't really attempt to look nice; but when I'm going to the mall or Downtown, I make an effort to look "pretty"(even though I can never quite achieve that, lmao).

Nah, that's not really my thing. :/ I work better with more elegant costumes... I'm not really much of a jokester, anyway XD I have more of a dry sense of humor so I think I'd feel awkward in a funny-looking cosplay.

I'm at home, the con was just for one day on Saturday. The con I was going to was really small and it was only about 10 minutes from my house so I decided to do Jade instead because it's less effort and is more comfortable. :3
Heavens_Night is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #1262
cookiepianos

Lol, me too - I suck at stuff like shooters, and on combat games I'm just a serial button-masher XD

0_o Yeah, that does sound way out of the range of things that me or my mum and nan could do - you're right, I'll just spike it up at the front and see how that goes. What can you spike wigs up with - regular hairspray, etc., or do you need special stuff? Thanks!

Aww, you are pretty ~ <3 I'm not anything, I just look really young >.<

Lol, I don't know what's wrong with me, then XD Yeah, the costumes and accessories you make are lovely, you should stick with stuff like that <3 I should pick some more regular ones to do, but I'm stuck for ideas >.<

Oh, it's over already? I hope you had fun ^_^ Is the con you're going to in October bigger, then?
cookiepianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 12:56 AM   #1263
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

Hahaha. XD

I use a product called Got 2 be Glued. It's the best for styling spikes and such. http://cgi.ebay.com/Got-2B-Got-Two-G...a#ht_500wt_922

A-awwh well thank you ;; You're pretty too!!

Hmm, I might be able to give you some suggestions if you'd like They may not be from things you're familiar with, but I guess it'd be a start!

Yep! I did, although it was really really small and super crowded. >.< I'm going to a bigger one next week for 2 days. The one in October is pretty big, yep! I'll be going to that one for the weekend and staying in the connected hotel.
Unread 07-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #1264
cookiepianos

Ooh, thanks for your advice, I'll get some of that

Aww, thanks <3

Some suggestions would be nice I don't really watch that much anime or play many video games anymore, so having some suggestions may lead me to watching an anime/playing a game that I really like ^_^

Ooh, and I've actually had an idea for another one today - I could be Thalassa, as it's the same outfit as Trucy, just with different hair! I had some photos taken today: http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1311710640 and http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1311710687

My hair is a bit too short right now, but I think I'll go as her in February, as my hair should be long enough by then - Around the time of the con, I'll have the hair at the sides of my face cut as well, to do the other two curls she has, and I'll do a better job of the curls than in the photos - I just rushed it as I wanted to see how I looked ^_^; I also need a new pair of earrings, as Trucy only has one, but Thalassa has two - and I need some sort of tube things to hold my plaits - I wonder how they're kept on? I mean, they look quite big and wide, like they would fall off :/

I don't know, though - do you think people would realise I was her, or would they get confused and think I was a Trucy with plaits? I'm thinking now that I should ask for a Valant doll for christmas, rather than Ron - I was going to have Ron because I was planning to be Luke then, but I think I'll leave Luke till later now. And I wanted a Valant doll anyway, so asking for it for Christmas should be fine. Do you think a Valant doll would help people realise who I'm supposed to be?

Ooh, this is nice ^_^ Doing stupid looking cosplays is fun, but it's nice to be planning a pretty one again <3

I'm glad you had fun ^_^ Did you see any Ace Attorney cosplayers, by any chance? Who are you going as next week?
Unread 07-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #1265
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

^^

Hmm, Yuffie from Final Fantasy, Kairi from Kingdom Hearts, Ashley from Resident Evil 4, Alessa from Silent Hill, any of the trainers/rivals from Pokemon, and you'd make a really good Kim Pine from Scott Pilgrim.

Oh that looks really really awesome! I definitely would recognize you, even if you didn't have the little metal tubes on your plaits. If push comes to shove you could just leave the gold bands.
A Valant doll would probably help with recognization to people who don't know much about Ace Attorney.

Definitely! ^^

Hmm I think I saw one Franziska but she wasn't too good. :/ Next week I'm going as Jade from Homestuck and Shilo from Repo(the one I made the lace top for).
Unread 07-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #1266
cookiepianos

Thanks! I've played Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon, and watched the movie of Scott Pilgrim - I'm assuming you mean the movie? I wouldn't know what she looks like in the comics. They're all good suggestions! Lol, I couldn't play any scary games, though ;_; As I said, I'm a total wimp who hides behind a pillow, but I wouldn't be able to hide behind a pillow when playing games XD So I think I'll give the games a miss, but I looked up the characters and they look like good ones for me, as well.

Thanks - I can't believe I never thought of doing her before! Lol, this is my ultimate example of doing someone just because I already have parts of the outfit (in this case, the WHOLE outfit XD) Yeah, the gold tubes don't really matter too much, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist - I guess it's time to start scavenger hunting again, see if I can spot anything to use for them ~

Yay, I'll ask for Valant for Christmas, then ~ He shouldn't be too hard for them to do, either, as they've already made me a Mr. Hat, as well as the Trucy cosplay stuff ^_^

Though as Thalassa, I'm not sure whether to wear the hat or not - the coloured official art shows her without the hat, but there are screenshots of her in the game with it on. Do you think she looks more recognizable with or without it? Thanks

Daaw, sorry - when I went to London, I saw a million Edgeworths, but that was about it - lol, why is just Edgeworth so popular? XD And I hope you have fun at your other expo - didn't you say something about needing to remake the necklace for that cosplay? Have you done that yet?
Unread 07-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #1267
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

The comics are a million times better than the movie, you should totally read them. Here's a picture of her in the comics: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7...hez5o1_500.jpg (that's just one of her outfits). & it's no biggie, you could cosplay them even if you don't play the games. ^^

Lol yeah, I know what you mean. I like to reuse wigs and such. & Okay ^^ Good luck~!

Yes, absolutely! He should be even easier to make since it's a smaller scale. :3

Hmm, I'd honestly wear the hat. I think it would definitely make her more recognizable.

Lol I know right? XD All the fangirls seem to loooove him. I think he's a great character but honestly Dahlia is my favorite character. I've been wanting to cosplay her for so long now!
Thanks! Yep, I just received the pieces in the mail today. I'll hot glue them together tomorrow and post my results.

What's your con in February like? Is it big? Is it at a convention center or hotel?
Unread 07-28-2011, 12:31 AM   #1268
sdeegan
Fellow Procrastinator

http://www.facebook.com/LEVEL5IA

Guys, you want Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright as much as I do right? Well LEVEL-5 is taking a poll, go show your support! (A little off topic, but man I want this game to get localized)
sdeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #1269
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

Thanks~! I voted.
Unread 07-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #1270
cookiepianos

Daaw, she looks cute there <3 Are there any colour pictures of her? Would she be a recognizable character? I liked the film, so I'd love to read the comics - where can they be bought? And I guess I could cosplay one of the other girls you suggested, but I do like to have played the game / watched the anime first - a lot of times when I'm stopped for a photo, it's nice to have a talk to the person about your shared fandom.

Lol, at least I'm not the only one who reuses stuff - and thanks for the good luck! ^_^ Daaw, I can't wait to get him, now ~ Lol, only like, 4 months to go XD

Yeah, I guess so - I'm kinda thinking about carrying the hat around with me, and only putting it on for photos, as the hat has to be more balanced towards the back of my head in order not to mess up the curl, and I probably wouldn't be able to keep it on like that XD And I'm thinking of taking a string of flags and keeping them and Valant in the hat, and pulling them out for photos - I know flags are Valant's thing and not Thalassa's, but having the dolly of him with me will help it make sense XD I don't know, do you think it sounds like a good idea?

Lol, I know - They were all actual guys, though (unless they were seriously good crossplayers XD) Daaw, I wish I'd known how to organize a group cosplay meeting - I could have had photos as Alita hanging out with all the Edgeworths XD It was kinda annoying seeing how many there were, though - It means there are obviously loads of fans of the games out there, but no ones that want to dress up as any side characters ;_; Wow, Dahlia would be an awesome one for you to do, you'd look great as her! Would you be attaching butterflies to the umbrella? :3

Ooh, I'd love to see when you're finished making it ~

Well, this is the UK, so any con here is likely to be much smaller than one in the US - the February one is quite small, at a convention centre, but every time I've gone I've been recognized as Trucy or seen other Ace Attorney characters, so I think I'd still be recognized a few times, at least. Lol, the last time I went, I didn't dress up as Trucy, but I saw another girl dressed as her, with an even bigger Mr Hat than mine! : o That's the only time I've ever seen someone at a con that's cosplaying someone I've been - I'm not sure if it would have been good or not if I'd been Trucy then - I don't know, have you ever been to a con and ran into someone else cosplaying the same character as you? Would you say it's a good or bad thing?

Oh, and thanks for the link, sdeegan! I'm not on Facebook, so I can't do it yet, but once I join I'll vote for that

And finally, before I finish this super long post, I'll just tell you now that tomorrow I'm going on a rainy caravan holiday to England for a week, with no internet access T_T So I won't be replying to you until I come back. Bye, and I hope you have fun at your convention! ^_^
Unread 07-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #1271
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

Nope, the comics are all in black and white. She has red hair but you could get away with using your real hair(it's the same style you used for your Trucy costume).

That's a good idea! Props are really your personal preference. Most of the time I don't carry a prop, but sometimes I'll turn my props into something I can use. For example, the Jade character I cosplay carries around a lunchbox and I use that to put my phone, wallet, ID, etc in.

The internet is the best way to do that. ^^ I've had a lot of cosplay meetups in the past that I organized through Facebook. Although, one time I had an excellent Durarara!! photoshoot which my friend Rynn organized by just advertising around the con.
O-oh, thank you! & yeah, that'd be a great idea. ^_^

Yep, umm there was another Shilo at Megacon this year, and I saw a bunch of other Izaya's at EXPcon last year(though I was the only female version). It was honestly a little awkward, and I felt slightly inadequate. XD It'd be cool if you were to ask for pointers or advice on how to better the costume, though. That's the only reason it would be a good thing, imo.

Okay! Thanks, have fun in England! ^_^
Unread 07-29-2011, 07:05 AM   #1272
cookiepianos

Hi, I just have time for another post before I rush off ~

Ooh, I might try doing her sometime, then The comics sound really good, are they expensive or hard to get hold of?

Thanks! ^_^ And yeah - I mean, I'd be carrying the hat around anyway, as I couldn't balance it on the back of my head all day to show off the curl, so I may as well stuff a load of random things in there XD

Ooh, I really must join this Facebook, it sounds good ~ And how did you advertise around the con? Hand out flyers or something, or go up to cosplayers from the series and ask them if they wanted to meet up later?

It's fine ^_^ I'd love to see you as her if you ever get around to it. You've said a few Ace Attorney girls that you'd like to cosplay eventually, which one do you think you'll be doing first now that Mia's finished?

Yeah, I always cosplay obscure characters, so it isn't usually a problem, but running into that Trucy worried me a bit - I like feeling special, being the only one XD I think I'd kinda like to ask about how they made their costume, but I'd be worried about offending my mum, who makes my costumes - I don't want her to think I don't still love the costumes she's made me. That happened when I saw that Trucy - I wanted to ask her how she made her epic huge Mr Hat, just out of interest, but I didn't because I was worried my mum would think I don't still love my adorable little one ;_;

Lol, thanks - I'll try XD
Unread 07-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #1273
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

Nope, they have them in pretty much every bookstore. If push comes to shove, they're really cheap on Amazon.

Yup!

My friend and I just asked cosplayers from the series if they wanted to meet up. We picked a time and place and almost everyone we asked showed up. ^_^

Umm I'm not quite sure; I'm focusing on a few other cosplays at the moment but my next AA girl will probably be Kay. I've always wanted to do Maggey's Tres Bien uniform, too!

Ahh I totally understand. D: I don't think your mum would be offended, though, if it's just constructive advice! :3

^_^
Unread 07-31-2011, 01:58 AM   #1274
Elysium Sans
Morning has come again.

It's really nice to see that people still are super interested in PW cosplay. :3

My husband and I did Mia Fey & Godot for this past AX, and we had a lot of fun wearing them! We'll probably end up wearing them again next year~ would have been nice to get some pictures with Maya/Pearly... but alas, not many around this year.
Elysium Sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #1275
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Elysium Sans: You guys look cute together! Very well done Mia costume. ^^

I'm hoping to garner a few opinions from you all about my next AA costume. Currently working on Shih-na, now that my fabric has finally arrived! I recently cut and styled the wig. After the photo was taken I was able to straighten it out a tad more with hairspray.

I like it and I think it's the right shape/style. But it feels like I should cut it a little more. I'm not really sure. Mostly the part of me that was freaking out about butchering it in the first place is telling me to stop cutting. lol I'd like to get other opinions. Thanks in advance! Oh, and made a handbag since I've already started getting the Lady Gaga comparisons. >.>
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote