Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Phoenix Wright

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #1276
Elysium Sans
Morning has come again.

@ tifaia: Thank you! It was really fun to run around and object!

Also, I think your wig is almost spot on. I took a look at some references for the character, definitely looks like her hair is a bit shorter than yours, though not by much!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...g?t=1312164839

You did a good job keeping the ends blunted, though. Don't worry about cutting it, you're doing a great job with it so far. :3
Elysium Sans is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-31-2011, 10:51 PM   #1277
sdeegan
Fellow Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium Sans View Post
Oh my. . . can I just that is one of the best Mia & Godots I've ever seen? You two really know how to pick characters that suit you, not only do you look like Mia, but from the way the picture looks, you've captured her personality too. The same goes for the Godot, the whole cosplay looks really put together (even the minor details).
sdeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 11:39 PM   #1278
Elysium Sans
Morning has come again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeegan View Post
Oh my. . . can I just that is one of the best Mia & Godots I've ever seen? You two really know how to pick characters that suit you, not only do you look like Mia, but from the way the picture looks, you've captured her personality too. The same goes for the Godot, the whole cosplay looks really put together (even the minor details).
@ sdeegan: Thank you! We really wanted to pick something that suited us and was age appropriate at the same time... I'm always worried that when I choose a costume, it wouldn't be a good fit, you know? Mia was so comfortable, and I'll definitely wear it again. :3 I tried really hard to just be myself as Mia, and I suppose it worked somewhat? xD

But it would be great to get a proper photoshoot in! Maybe even with more of the original PW cast! :<
Unread 08-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #1279
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Elysium Sans: Thank you for your comment!. I was planning on doing another very, very tiny trim around the whole thing. But yeah. So scared. I hate cutting wigs. XD
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #1280
Elysium Sans
Morning has come again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
@Elysium Sans: Thank you for your comment!. I was planning on doing another very, very tiny trim around the whole thing. But yeah. So scared. I hate cutting wigs. XD
Hehe, it's okay -- I understand how nerve racking it can get when you're styling/cutting wigs. One slip and you'll have to order another, lol.

But I think you're pretty well good to go! You did a good job cutting it the first time around, so I'm confident you can do a trim. Good luck, and excited to see your costume when finished!

-- Ely
Unread 08-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #1281
SallyValentine

Hi guys, kind of have a question >.<"
Does anyone think I should have an OBJECTION! sign for a Hobohodo cosplay? If not... any ideas for a prop that might help people to notice and maybe even recognize him? *.* Grape juice bottle, maybe? Deck of cards? Anything?
Hehe, thanks to anyone who can help : D
SallyValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #1282
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@SallyValentine: I've seen HoboFeenies carrying a bottle of grape juice and have the Objection sign. The cards seem a little too subtle for that costume. I've hoped to see someone do something like this with a sign and cup: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...okenTeapot.jpg but realistically, you might get fined for panhandling by police. So probably not a good idea. lol

What about Feenie in a Box? Like Snake in a Box. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BC9dcAvpvh...0/P6040020.JPG I mean if he's homeless, he's probably living out of, or carrying his things around in a box. And you can write some of his catchphrases on the box to help people recognize you. And be stopped for photos in the process. Just throwing out ideas. lol
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #1283
cookiepianos

Hi, I'm back ~ It's nice to see so many other people joining the thread! ^_^

Elysium Sans - Wow, you and your husband look amazing as Godot and Mia, and it's so cool that you cosplay together - lol, I want a husband like that XD

tifaia - what you have so far looks great, you'll look awesome as Shih-na! I've never seen a Shih-na cosplayer before, I can't wait to see the finished result! ^_^ And lol, I love the handbag XD

SallyValentine - Hmm, for recognizable Hobohodou props, I can't really think of any other suggestions myself - Grape juice sounds great, as well as tifaia's suggestion of a box with catchphrases on - lol, that sounds awesome, as well as practical - you could carry your phone, ID, etc. in it.

And as a reply to Heavens_Night's last comment:

Quote:
Nope, they have them in pretty much every bookstore. If push comes to shove, they're really cheap on Amazon.
Ooh, I'll have to look into getting those, then ~

Quote:
My friend and I just asked cosplayers from the series if they wanted to meet up. We picked a time and place and almost everyone we asked showed up. ^_^
I'll have to try something like that sometime - I've just found a UK cosplaying site as well, so that should make it easier. ^_^

Quote:
Umm I'm not quite sure; I'm focusing on a few other cosplays at the moment but my next AA girl will probably be Kay. I've always wanted to do Maggey's Tres Bien uniform, too!
Ooh, Kay, that would be awesome to see! ^_^ As I said before, I've thought of doing Kay as well (along with every single other character, lol), but her outfit looks way beyond the realms of what I'm willing to bother doing XD And how is her hair supposed to be done? Is is a ponytail with a key stuck through it?

A Tres Bien outfit would be great to see, too! Then you could be Maya, Maggie, Mia!Maya, and maybe Viola at a push (She dressed up in the Tres Bien uniform, though it wasn't shown) Have you got any of the stuff for either of those outfits yet?

Quote:
Ahh I totally understand. D: I don't think your mum would be offended, though, if it's just constructive advice! :3
Yeah, I guess you're right - my mum seemed as in awe of it as me, and I don't think she would have minded me asking. Though when I told my nan and showed her a photo, she seemed a bit annoyed that someone out there had a bigger Mr Hat than me - lol, I guess she has a competetive streak XD But if anything like this did happen again and I asked how they did it, it should be fine - as I said, my mum didn't seem to mind, and my nan doesn't come with me to conventions, so I wouldn't have to tell her that I'd been consorting with the enemy XD

Lol, sorry for the long reply list ^_^;

Now, for other ones I've been thinking about doing, since I've decided on doing Thalassa, I'm now following on with my 'cosplaying someone just because I have some of the stuff', and thinking of doing Lamiroir - I'll have experience in curling my hair, and I'll have the hair tube things. I'll also have blue earrings from Alita, as well as an adorable Machi doll I could carry around with me <3 I don't know though, what does everyone think? I'd like to, but I'm worried I look too young to be her, since she's in her 40's. Am I too baby-faced to pull it off? Also, how does everyone say 'Lamiroir'? I've always pronounced it 'Lamb-wa', but I'm probably wrong, and I don't want to embarrass myself by saying my own character's name wrong at a convention

Thanks, and sorry for the super long post ^_^;
cookiepianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #1284
MercuryLampe
based minto

Hi all! I've been playing all of my PW games nonstop for the past couple of weeks, then realized that I have never cosplayed anyone from what is possibly my favorite video game series of all time. This needs to change!

But I'm kinda pressed for cash, so I figured that I could be Trucy Wright, because my hair is exactly like hers in both color and style C:

Does anyone have any advice on her cape, for me who has extremely little sewing experience? Or...any help at all, really. That would be wonderful <3
MercuryLampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #1285
cookiepianos

Hi, MercuryLampe!

For your questions, I've cosplayed Trucy - there's photos here: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/379056/

The shoes, gloves and scarf were bought from random shops. The dress was a lucky find on ebay - the only editing we did was sew a few velcro bits to the front, and stick gold cardboard diamonds to them. The bag was made from felt, with a velcro fastening, and the hat was made from cardboard and covered with the same material used for the cape. The diamond for the earring (I'm sure she only has one earring - I've looked at her official artwork carefully) was originally on a necklace, which we took off it and attached to an earring hook. The green diamond on the cape was made out of clay, with wire stuck around the edges and a safety pin put in the back of it, which was then pinned to the cape (The cape was also stuck together with velcro, just to make sure that it didn't slip off)

In terms of giving you sewing advice, I can't really help you there - my nan did all the sewing for it >.< But if you have any specific questions about the sewing, I could ask her for you Also, there was an extremely helpful reference of her on court-records.net that showed the exact design of her cape, but it doesn't seem to be working :/ I have the artbook with that picture in though, so if you'd like it, I could scan it in for you ~

Lol, sorry if that's way more information than you needed, but I hope it helps! ^^ Also, would you mind helping me with the questions I asked in my last post? I asked if I'd look OK as Lamiroir, or if I'd look silly as her - since I'm a young-looking 18, and she's 40 >.< Also, how do you pronounce 'Lamiroir'? I've always said it 'Lamb-wa', but I'm probably wrong - and I wouldn't want to be saying my own character's name wrong if I did decide to cosplay her! ^_^; Many thanks if you can answer my questions ~
Unread 08-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #1286
MercuryLampe
based minto

Thanks for the advice! You are so cute as Trucy! <3
Ahh, if you could scan it, that would be great! ^_^
I think you'd be a really good Lamiroir! Age doesn't really matter in cosplay, as long as you have fun~ (If I was restricted to only cosplaying characters in my age group, then I'd only have one cosplay that would be deemed "acceptable" xDD) I say go for it!
And I'm horrible at pronouncing names, ehehe... I usually avoid saying her name out loud, but when I do, I say "La Mir-waah" > m <;; Sorry I couldn't be of much help!
Unread 08-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #1287
cookiepianos

Hi again! I'm glad I could help, and aww, thanks <3

I just scanned in and uploaded the Trucy reference for you: http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1313343574 (I don't know why it's not working on court-records, though - every single other picture seems to be working >.<)

It shows exactly which shapes goes on which parts of the cape, so it was very helpful It also shows that she actually has long hair in a loose ponytail, rather than short hair - it doesn't matter which you do though, as most people haven't seen that picture and assume she has short hair. I've cosplayed her with both - the 2008 photos of me are with short hair, and the more recent ones (with Mr Hat as well XD) are with long hair tied back loosely. And that side view of her is one of the few pictures of her that shows that she doesn't have an earring on the one side - it would actually be kinda helpful if you bought 2 as a set, though - I'm planning to do Thalassa now, too, which is a super easy one when I already have the outfit. But I only got one earring for Trucy, and Thalassa has 2 for some reason >.< So if you think you'd ever like to do Thalassa as well, it wouldn't hurt to get an extra earring ^^ And if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask ~

Oh, and thanks for your help, too - I think I will do Lamiroir then. ^^ You're right, age shouldn't matter ~ Also, for the name, I've asked a few people now, and everyone seems to agree on the 'wah' bit - Lol, at least we know we're getting that bit right XD And I suppose it doesn't matter if I'm actually saying the name wrong - It's such a weird name that people can't really laugh if I get it wrong XD

Last edited by cookiepianos : 08-14-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Unread 08-14-2011, 05:14 PM   #1288
MercuryLampe
based minto

That is an awesome reference! Thanks so much! Oh, gosh...I had assumed she had short hair as well xD Ah, well, if most people haven't seen this picture, then I think I can get away with my short hair I think I'm going to skip on cosplaying Thalassa, so I'll just make one earring, but I can't wait to see yours!

Yeah, I can't see many people laughing if you pronounce it wrong, since no one really seems to know how to pronounce it xD
Unread 08-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #1289
cookiepianos

Oh, it wasn't any trouble at all - I'm glad I could help! ^^ I can't wait to see your finished outfit ~ Yes, and the hair thing is fine - that picture is from the limited edition artbook from when the game first came out in japan, so it's really obscure XD Oh, and that's fine if you don't plan to do Thalassa as well - I just mentioned it in case you're lazy like me and would like a reusable cosplay XD

Oh, I already have some in-progress Thalassa photos: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/385734/ All I need is to grow my hair a bit, really - as well as to get a new set of earrings, and gold tubes to hold the plaits ~
Unread 08-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #1290
PhantomGamer

Working on an Ema Skye costume now, from Investigations. Ordered her socks today, and I think I may already have her boots.

It is incredibly difficult to find a wig in the right color/length that doesn't have blunt bangs. I know Ema HAS bangs, but they're sideswept, not blunt. So we'll see how that turns out. No way my hair will grow that long by the time I need the costume, even if that is my natural hair color.
Otakon 2013?

Upcoming Costumes
Merida- Brave- 0%
Ezio Auditore- Assassin's Creed- 0%
PhantomGamer is offline   Reply With Quote