Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > CLAMP Series

Unread 10-16-2005, 11:46 PM   #1
LadyAmaryllis
Asparagus Eater

CCS Earthy Clow Card - Color Reference?

Hi~ I was hoping to cosplay the Earthy Clow Card from Card Captor Sakura next year, and I'm having some trouble finding reference pictures. I have a picture of the clow card, that was easy enough to find, but I need a reference picture for the COLORS on Earthy. I watched the episode when Sakura captures Earthy, and she never shows her "true form". All you see of Earthy is a giant mud dragon head, which doesn't help much.

Does anyone know if Earthy resurfaces in the second season in her "true form"? If so, could you give me an idea of the episode number so I can find it? Or maybe there is an artbook picture of Earthy, or something? Or if you could find a random picture online, that would be fantastic. I've looked for quite awhile and all I can find is that same picture of the clow card.

I usually have no trouble finding references...I would be really sad if the only reference I can find is the clow card and I have to make the colors up T.T

Thanks for your help <3
LadyAmaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-19-2005, 08:30 AM   #2
Artikgato
10 years of Cosplay!

Sorry, but I think you might just have to make the colors up. ^^" Earthy did show her true form ONCE in the series, when Sakura first sealed her back into the card...and she was solid brown.
I'd go with...well, earthy tones for the costume. Browns, greens, tans, that kind of stuff. Obviously you don't want something like bright pink or orange for the costume...
Sorry I couldn't be of any help. ^^;

May - Pokémon ORAS
Miriel - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Aila - Gundam Build Fighters
Kriem - Tiger & Bunny
(maybe) Twilight Suzuka - Outlaw Star
(maybe) Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Artikgato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2005, 05:06 PM   #3
LadyAmaryllis
Asparagus Eater

I watched that episode, and all I saw of Earthy was a giant mud dragon that didn't resemble the card at all, so I assumed it wasn't her "true form". Bummer...I'll feel so bad if I make up the colors and then I find a reference later /sob

Right now I'm thinking brown corset, then brown and green for the skirt...brown for the cape...and then a really dark green for the hair.

Thanks for your help though <3
Unread 10-19-2005, 09:21 PM   #4
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

hm...earthy...I am pretty sure she is just shades of brown...beinhg you know that she is earth......

here is the clow card, even though it isn't colored. but I think she is just shades of brown

http://www.syldra.net/cardscans/clowmanga/earthy.jpg
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2005, 10:13 PM   #5
Kairi G
*shiny*

yea i think that ive seen people do green for the hair... but mostly browns for the rest... but really it could be up to you since the card form isnt in the show in color anywhere
Kairi G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2005, 01:36 AM   #6
LadyAmaryllis
Asparagus Eater

gah..my other friends who are doing clow cards (we're doing a group thing) all found color references. ah well ^^; i guess that means I don't have to worry too much about inaccuracy~

thanks for looking <3
Unread 10-20-2005, 08:05 AM   #7
Tia

As far as I can tell there are absolutely no references for her colors. I'm not sure about green hair. Brown hair might look better. I think it's confusion with Woody, who has been cosplayed a lot. If Earthy has ever been cosplayed, I haven't been able to find pictures of it. I would appreciate linkage if anyone has seen it online.
Unread 10-20-2005, 01:42 PM   #8
LadyAmaryllis
Asparagus Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia
As far as I can tell there are absolutely no references for her colors. I'm not sure about green hair. Brown hair might look better. I think it's confusion with Woody, who has been cosplayed a lot. If Earthy has ever been cosplayed, I haven't been able to find pictures of it. I would appreciate linkage if anyone has seen it online.
That's true, I wouldn't want to look like Woody. Hmm...but all brown is so boring? D= What other earth colors could i mix in there...I suppose I could do something unusual with the hair, because I'll be doing so much work to it anyway...maybe make it a couple different colors....hmm.

It will be MOSTLY brown, but I want to include some other stuff, too. Kind of like Windy is MOSTLY yellow, but she's got some pink and blue, too. I'll be mostly brown with some green..and..another color. Yellow or black, maybe.

As for other people cosplaying her, I found someone on cosplay lab who is 70% done with an Earthy costume. I tried to contact her but I didn't get a reply =/ so my guess is she doesn't have a reference, either.

But yeah. I'll do it one way or another XD I will post pictures here if I ever finish.
Unread 10-20-2005, 02:09 PM   #9
Tenebrae
Happy New Year!

I was going to suggest an orangey sort of colour for brightness/contrast, like the red-orange sunset colours of the desert southwest in the US.
I know it's not CLAMP, but...Uriel, the angel of the earth (o/` Eeearth angel, earth angel...will you be miiine? heh) in Angel Sanctuary, had black wings, brown skin, reddish-brown hair, and green eyes.

-Tenebrae.
Unread 10-20-2005, 03:06 PM   #10
TwiliteSea
More active on ACP.

I think I'm the only one who was aware that the Nelvana CCS dub site from like 5-6 years ago had color references of most, if not all, the cards, and Earthy (in human form) was one of them.
Hate to disappoint you but she's all brown. No variations in shade. Just plain ol' brown. Her rocky crystal crown is green, tho. I'd say just go with your own skin tone and just make everything else brown, to be accurate, or if you'd like, have a dark brown wig and the rocky corset a more dusty brown color and the skirt a mixture of brown tints.
I'd veer away from making anything else other than the crown green, or else you'd be confused with Wood.
That's just my input ^^;
Unread 10-20-2005, 03:44 PM   #11
LadyAmaryllis
Asparagus Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiliteSea
I think I'm the only one who was aware that the Nelvana CCS dub site from like 5-6 years ago had color references of most, if not all, the cards, and Earthy (in human form) was one of them.
Hate to disappoint you but she's all brown. No variations in shade. Just plain ol' brown. Her rocky crystal crown is green, tho. I'd say just go with your own skin tone and just make everything else brown, to be accurate, or if you'd like, have a dark brown wig and the rocky corset a more dusty brown color and the skirt a mixture of brown tints.
I'd veer away from making anything else other than the crown green, or else you'd be confused with Wood.
That's just my input ^^;
Wow...do you have a picture of this? I'm assuming the site is gone now if it was like 6 years ago. Bummer...all brown would be okay I guess, but it would sure be nice to have the picture for the shades of brown. I'll keep looking, now that I know there IS one somewhere.
Unread 10-20-2005, 05:49 PM   #12
Tia

I'm very glad there is actually a reference. Personally, I think all brown is more elegant, and sets her apart since many of the clow cards have two main colors. I think patterning it after Windy a little bit could work, because they seem to look a bit similar (with the hair and the way they both have skirts/wings on the side).

I wonder.... do you think the hairstyle is possible to do with regular hair? You'd have to have some kind of crazy support-structure in there, but my hair is fairly dark/golden blonde and I could just temp dye it a little bit darker. I was planning on doing the wig since it's interesting, but if it would work I am in favor of saving money.

I look forward to seeing what you do with the costume. I have a few plans so far, but not that much that is concrete. However, the bodice doesn't seem like it would be that tight to me. I was going to make it fitted, but not skin-tight. But you all seem to think that making it a corset would be better. I'm planning on wearing something under it to hold me in place, so that's not a big issue.
Unread 10-20-2005, 07:45 PM   #13
TwiliteSea
More active on ACP.

Gah, I just spent 10 minutes searching for the printout with all the CC color references, but to no avail T___T If I do find it again, I'll be sure to post it up ASAP.
But if it helps, the color brown she is is the same tint as the rock dragon that the card forms.

And Tia, I was actually considering on making Earthy and I thought using my own hair could actually work. A wig may be a bit easier tho, since you have more control over what it looks like.
Unread 10-20-2005, 09:51 PM   #14
LadyAmaryllis
Asparagus Eater

Lol, I actually started a thread awhile ago about the wig. My cosplay group feels bad that they casted me as such a difficult character, especially when I'm notoriously bad at props and wigs, so we all have been brainstorming together for a way to do this wig/giant mountain/helmet. I have my own thoughts written in the thread I posted in the Wigs forum, but any ideas you guys have would be great.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=70152

It's been a long time since I've turned to cosplay.com for help in the forums...but this costume is just beyond me! D=

Yes, I definitely plan on doing a corset. I kind of have an obsession with them. XD I also think that the way it lies on Earthy's waist, it's "chunkiness", and the fact that is is seperate from the skirt all lend itself to being a corset. Although I use that term loosely - it's not going to be a "time period" corset that pushes my organs up or anything. It will just be fitted, boned, lace up the back, bodice but-not-quite-corset.

Good luck with your costumes, ladies! I'm sure together we can figure out how to do it ^___^

Last edited by LadyAmaryllis : 10-20-2005 at 09:56 PM.