Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Unread 10-17-2005, 09:11 PM   #1
Babi_Drache

Bleach stuffed animal costume

http://idata.over-blog.com/0/08/91/54/image/kon.jpg

How would I go about making a costume like this? The person wearing it is 5'8" She says she wants the "full fluffy version". Preferrably something with a removable head. Thanks for any help
Babi_Drache is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-18-2005, 08:25 PM   #2
sylus
its a conspiricy

i cant be too much help but i would say use wire for framing and fraim it to her body also add little loops so that she can string a belt around the inside to keep it around her waist, hopefully this will give u some help.
sylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2005, 11:20 PM   #3
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

...woah, deja vu. Maybe my compy glitched, but I thought I posted on this topic already.

Try www.fursuit.org. It's a website for furry costumers, but the basics should be the same and can probably give advice, especially regarding the head.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2005, 10:30 AM   #4
janmurphy
Casts revive.

Id say, furnature foam, about 2 inches thick, cut to pattern, with fleece cut to the same pattern. The foam under the fleece makes it so that it wont sag and even puffs out a bit for that stuffed look. To keep the foam in shape, bands of thin plastic about 2inches wide is good. I made several design sketchs of this costume this year. I can scan it for you if you want. PM me.

Clothing&plushie patterns, Hidden Village diplomas, book covers, iron-ons,
temp tattoos, paper animals, character book scans, e-cards, and a lot more.
[/center]
janmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2005, 10:57 AM   #5
Babi_Drache

sylus: yeah, that's pretty much the same thing we were thinking about doing, i'll run your advice by her and see if that's some info she can use

Eleryth: i didn't know if this was the right place for this, so I DID post in another area of the site as well, so it might not just be you. ^_^ awesome link, i will definatly check that out.

janmurphy: well, if you've used it before, it must work pretty good, but doesn't all that foam get hot??? anyway, thanks, and i will probably contact you again as soon as i hear back from my friend.

thanks a million everyone!!!! you guys are awesome!!!
Babi_Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2005, 01:24 AM   #6
Lynx

janmurphy's got a good idea there. I'd personally recommend the furniture foam for the head. Use something like Super 77 spray adhesie to stick 2-4" think pieces together to get a block. Then draw out the shape on each side and carve it down. I'd probably have the performer see out through the mouth. Just cover that area with a stocking to prevent the performer's face from being seen. I'd use stylus' idea of usring a wire frame for the bodysuit to keep it poofy without adding insulating layers of padding.