Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-23-2005, 11:37 PM   #1
kiwi
DATURA

fagotting stitch (with gap between fabric) -- how?

I guess I missed this day in sewing class Anybody know how to use a fagotting stitch to connect two pieces of fabric while leaving a gap between them? Gap is roughly a centimeter. I'm sure it's a by-hand stitch, but I can't guess at how to maintain even tension and whatnot. (Example of what I'm talking 'bout here: http://photobucket.com/albums/v372/f...t/lavender.jpg )
kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-24-2005, 02:50 AM   #2
Kokuu
Armed and Dangerous

It's funny- I saw the this topic and was thinking EXACTLY of that costume too! I think somewhere on Padwans guide (http://padawansguide.com/index.shtml) there was a link to a website that showed how to do the fagotting stitch. I'd have a look around there. I've been wanting to know how to do this too, so I can finish my Padme dress.
Unread 10-24-2005, 01:51 PM   #3
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Yeah, it's used on the Lavender Nightgown from episode 3, so look at that section of the site.

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2005, 05:15 PM   #4
kiwi
DATURA

ah, that's where I swiped the pic from! Didn't even think to look under "tips for construction" ^^;; From their clearer closeup it's apparant that there's actually a bit of flesh colored fabric between the panels, but I think I'm going to go with open fagotting (I was planning on wearing a strapless bodysuit under it anyway). Dyeing the openwork trim is a good idea; I think I'll run with that. Much faster than hand doing it.

Thanks for kicking me back on track
kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote