Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > .Hack

Unread 10-24-2005, 02:01 PM   #1
Anime Em

I need Tsukasa (.Hack//SIGN help!)

okkie Dokkie. So I just found out the other day that there is an Anime convention around where I live in New Brunswick, Canada. So I've decided that if I was to go to it, I would cosplay as Tsukasa from .Hack//Sign. I have finished making the staff (which took all day... I used paper Mache and Strofoam. Just ask if you want me to tell you how I made it)... but the actual costume... might not be so easy. So I need to know how to make it, and what to use. I think the herdest thing would be the hat... so yeah. If you could help me with this, your help would be greatly appreciated.

~*
Anime Em
Anime Em is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-24-2005, 03:53 PM   #2
Jitsuyoo-Teki
tenacious perfectionist

Hahaha. You're in luck! I just finished making mine! I'll scan for you the pattern I used for my hat so look for it in my gallery. You may not want to make it the same way but it would give you a head start. I used fosshape or basically its like a THICK batting-like material and made a front piece and a back piece and i then connected them inside where the big circle is and it is pointed using elastic so it would stretch inside that piece.(hmmm...alt maybe use fleece as alternative and thicken somehow?) You can see a picture of my hat in my gallery. I used funfoam in two layers and paper clay for the circles and glass pebbles and yarn for the rest as well. To get the pebbles to show the paint i glued white fabric behind the painted pebble so it would show it. The rest of it I just modified patterns and I just had to remember on things like when I took a zipper out I had to remember that effect everything else like sleeves and the back. for the shoes I used cheap canvas shoes and made a form-fitting pattern for it. I made my hoodie one size bigger to give it that "baggy" look and bias tape comes in really handy for the edges of the hoody ans skirt. Hope that helped!

Quote:
Forgive your enemies ~ it messes up their heads.
I'm an INTJ on the Myers-Briggs type indicator test!

Last edited by Jitsuyoo-Teki : 10-24-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Jitsuyoo-Teki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2005, 09:50 PM   #3
Anime Em

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitsuyoo-Teki
Hahaha. You're in luck! I just finished making mine! I'll scan for you the pattern I used for my hat so look for it in my gallery. You may not want to make it the same way but it would give you a head start. I used fosshape or basically its like a THICK batting-like material and made a front piece and a back piece and i then connected them inside where the big circle is and it is pointed using elastic so it would stretch inside that piece.(hmmm...alt maybe use fleece as alternative and thicken somehow?) You can see a picture of my hat in my gallery. I used funfoam in two layers and paper clay for the circles and glass pebbles and yarn for the rest as well. To get the pebbles to show the paint i glued white fabric behind the painted pebble so it would show it. The rest of it I just modified patterns and I just had to remember on things like when I took a zipper out I had to remember that effect everything else like sleeves and the back. for the shoes I used cheap canvas shoes and made a form-fitting pattern for it. I made my hoodie one size bigger to give it that "baggy" look and bias tape comes in really handy for the edges of the hoody ans skirt. Hope that helped!
Omg. You are like, the bestest ever. Thank you so much! I wasnt sure how the heck I was gunna make this, but now I can see the light of day... far off in the distance. =3 Now the hardest part will be to get all of that material and find the time to make it. Heh, oh well. I have till February... even though that is only four months away.... thank you so much for your help anyways!!!!!!
Anime Em is offline   Reply With Quote