Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Oni-Con

Unread 10-25-2005, 12:21 PM   #1
megumibish
I should be drawing Yaoi.

Fun/Weird things at the con!! Tell your stories!

On my top list of fun/wierd was saturday nights elevator fiasco. After leaving my room stilled dressed as Ion Fortuna with Kyandichan(as Calintz), Ryo-sama(regular clothing) and eventually picking up PikminLink(comfy HP gear) we decided a visit to Lord Masamune's room was in order. So we had to go to the main hotel and go to the 7th floor. As we got there our elevator door only opened a crack....we'll everyone but me and Kyandi left the elevator. Why cuz we were still in our super fancy but delicate costumes. I seriously contemplated just stripping of my armor at that point. So as we contemplated how to get out with lil/no damage Pikmin was snapping pics on her cell phone. *dies* You are soo easily amused it kills me. Eventually we got out but after that we started sending people down to the first floor to trap unknowing people in the broken elevator. After that Pikmin even got her dad to partake in the viewing pleasure that was the broken elevator. Eventually we left the elevator, found Lord Masamune and Gren and took the stairway all the way to the ground. Much fun was had cuz there on I began to pwn *almost everyone* in a game of Apples to Apples. At least till the security booted us from our table.

Unread 10-25-2005, 01:57 PM   #2
Amaya De'Morte
Clearly Miscalculated.

awss wish I would have been there for that! -tear- I was busy getting food, lol.

anyways.. on my crazy story.. I was hanging out with some friends from another convention in their hotel room.. and their parents/other friends were staying in a hotel next to them.. we decided it'd be fun to scare them, and so I climbed around the railing of the balconys.. and then chickened out.
Course, it was hard to scare/be sneaky like when you're laughing your head off, but that's beside the point, lmao.

Anyways, one of the guys- dressed as hughs from full metal alchemist- stepped out on the balcony. By that time, I had made it back over to the room I was in, and was sitting in one of the chairs on their balcony.. he looked around confused like.. I giggled.. and he leaned over and asked if I climbed under the seporators to get into their balcony..

It was super silly, and we laughed.. alot. lmao.

Course, then there was the whole protest thing.. Man.. I wish I would have had a camera when that happened.. silly silly stuff.

It really was a great con. ^^ I was so glad I got to stay with Ryo-Sama, Megumibish, and Kyandi-chan.. Meeting you three was great, and I learned alot! ^^ I'm gonna try harder on my cosplays now so I can be wicked good like y'all^^
Tsubaki (soul Eater)
Rogue (xmen)
Once-ler (The Lorax Movie)

deviantART+facebook

“A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerated the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected, and outlast the unbearable”

Last edited by Amaya De'Morte : 10-25-2005 at 02:53 PM.
Amaya De'Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2005, 02:11 PM   #3
Mr. Corus
Senor Corus

I got wasted and wrote on my friend's face with a sharpie. I then proceeded to try to feed him Crunch N' Munch while he was asleep, which really just ended with me dumping the whole box on his head.
Unread 10-25-2005, 03:52 PM   #4
inu-chan00
"I want to EAT the world"

hhrmm..well..probably the most wierd/funny story I had from Oni-con was.....
de-wigging cherrys sora wig...on stage....ACCIDENTLY! (<.<......>.>)
It was at hte Masquarde. I enterd my yue cosplay and expected a lesser prize than I did, but when I heard that I had gotten 3rd prive overall..i was...estatic. Being a DORK I am, ran up the stage (and presented my UBER-DORKWAD-NESS) and happily accepted my award........on the way out I decided to HUG cherry...and then "WOOP".....just fell off O.o

I really dont know how many ppl were watching, laughing...anything....I just broke down falling on the floor cracking myslef up....winning an award and that situation...was too much to handle in a short 2 min time period for meO.O

.......hey...ppl laughed....;D;D;D...::hidez from teh RATH of cherry::
Yue (CCS)
cosplays.

Please PM me for more information!
inu-chan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2005, 06:56 PM   #5
fetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Corus
I got wasted and wrote on my friend's face with a sharpie. I then proceeded to try to feed him Crunch N' Munch while he was asleep, which really just ended with me dumping the whole box on his head.
curse you!^^

-wolverine
fetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2005, 07:26 PM   #6
kyandi-chan
Magical Girl K

ahh, Megumi. One of the many strange stories.
kyandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2005, 01:45 PM   #7
Mr. Corus
Senor Corus

Quote:
Originally Posted by inu-chan00
hhrmm..well..probably the most wierd/funny story I had from Oni-con was.....
de-wigging cherrys sora wig...on stage....ACCIDENTLY! (<.<......>.>)
It was at hte Masquarde. I enterd my yue cosplay and expected a lesser prize than I did, but when I heard that I had gotten 3rd prive overall..i was...estatic. Being a DORK I am, ran up the stage (and presented my UBER-DORKWAD-NESS) and happily accepted my award........on the way out I decided to HUG cherry...and then "WOOP".....just fell off O.o

I really dont know how many ppl were watching, laughing...anything....I just broke down falling on the floor cracking myslef up....winning an award and that situation...was too much to handle in a short 2 min time period for meO.O

.......hey...ppl laughed....;D;D;D...::hidez from teh RATH of cherry::
That was great.

I was on the side of the stage going "OH HONEY! SHE JUST SNATCHED HER WIG!"

I'll be sure to tease Cherry about it everytime I see her.
Unread 10-26-2005, 02:26 PM   #8
ayn*chan
Not easy being orange

She snatched her weave straight off 'o her haid!
Unread 10-26-2005, 03:25 PM   #9
TrigunWolf
Man of the Cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by megumibish
Much fun was had cuz there on I began to pwn *almost everyone* in a game of Apples to Apples. At least till the security booted us from our table.
*shakes fist violently* New people are never allowed to pwn in Apples to Apples. I'm the only one who got to break that rule. And I'll be the last!!!

But yes, you were pwning! *hangs head in shame*
TrigunWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2005, 03:28 PM   #10
Mr. Corus
Senor Corus

I don't think there's an actual way to pwn at Apples to Apples. You just kind of...guess what will appeal the most to the person who's judging.
Unread 10-26-2005, 04:46 PM   #11
Isamu-kun
The Corrupt Flame

during the line up for the cosplay show me as Sol badguy and Danzikumaru
as Ky was made guards of the door we made a few jokes how we was the badest bouncers around also with another person oni-con staff didnt get her name ~_~ if anyone know tell me XD well anything i told her anyone that cross would get puddle by my Fuuenken which look like a puddle then a sword XD this one person gave me a hard time and when he turn i did in fact puddle him he turn around witha wtf look on his face XD while guarding the door also got a chance to meet PikminLink and cherry yay for me it was great to that kidna power for once and not being the one turn away XD not so funy i know but i enjoy it =D
Isamu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2005, 05:08 PM   #12
Mr. Corus
Senor Corus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamu-kun
during the line up for the cosplay show me as Sol badguy and Danzikumaru
as Ky was made guards of the door we made a few jokes how we was the badest bouncers around also with another person oni-con staff didnt get her name ~_~ if anyone know tell me XD well anything i told her anyone that cross would get puddle by my Fuuenken which look like a puddle then a sword XD this one person gave me a hard time and when he turn i did in fact puddle him he turn around witha wtf look on his face XD while guarding the door also got a chance to meet PikminLink and cherry yay for me it was great to that kidna power for once and not being the one turn away XD not so funy i know but i enjoy it =D
I think her name was Hope.
Unread 10-26-2005, 05:09 PM   #13
Mr. Corus
Senor Corus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayn*chan
She snatched her weave straight off 'o her haid!
Tell yo mama I axed her how she durrin'.
Unread 10-26-2005, 05:44 PM   #14
Isamu-kun
The Corrupt Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Corus
I think her name was Hope.
oh thanks! any idea if she at oni-con board or here? anyway was great fun with her XD thanks again for the name :}
Isamu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2005, 06:39 PM   #15
rabidfanboy
Otokogurui

She's SonGokuSaiyuki18 over at the oni-con boards.

~rabidfanboy.com | Adventures in Cosplaying~
rabidfanboy is offline   Reply With Quote