Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Fire Emblem

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 116 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 02-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #1501
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

*an undead hand shoots up through the ground, grabbing Luther by the ankle, as zombie-Tenkage drags herself out of the earth* Iiiiii liiiiiiiiiiiiivveeeee!!!!!!

...Okay, in all seriousness. Work has been sheer #@!& for me, lately. I have had no time to sew or do anything remotely productive, so I begs yer pardons for mines absences. In addition, I was stupid enough to volunteer to run Anime Idol for Anime Wasabi, the new Denver con next month. *whacks head with a 2x4*

In good news, I finally managed to get the packaging for sending TC and Luther their promised shtuff. I got so sick of being unable to hit the post office in its normal hours, I just grabbed the packaging stuffs, and filled it out. If I can't send 'em in the next two days, I'm giving 'em to my brother to send, he works at the dumb Post Office!

It's a bit hellish lately, as I couldn't get home for the past 2 days, due to weather, so I'm more than a little stressed and exhausted. So, if you'll excuse me... *climbs back into the grave*
Princess Shoukei: Twelve Kingdoms~ 100%
Kamiya Kaoru: Rurouni Kenshin (Jin-e Arc)
Serra: Fire Emblem~ 100%
Click To Visit The Cosplay Teahouse!
Tenkage-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #1502
bitchninja
Mtn. Dew Addiction!!!!

Omg. I was just thinking that I wanted to cosplay Micaiah (FE10) when my sister (who is the real bitchninja, and whose account I'm on) showed me this thread.

So...Cosplaying Light Priestess Micaiah. There are no pictures of her, save for the ones in the final cutscene when Ike kills Ashera. (The offical art is of her as a light mage)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...aiahoutfit.jpg
I can't quite tell what she's got going on there, but here's what I think she's wearing: A white dress with rings of pink around the armhole, and that little corset thing is sewn on. That thing around her shoulders is probably supposed to hold her cape on.

And I don't know what I'm going to do for shoes. I was thinking maybe a pair of little red ballet slippers...

Oh dear, did I talk too much...?

Last edited by bitchninja : 02-11-2008 at 11:45 AM.
bitchninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #1503
Windlord
The mighty plasticsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchninja View Post
Omg. I was just thinking that I wanted to cosplay Micaiah (FE10) when my sister (who is the real bitchninja, and whose account I'm on) showed me this thread.

So...Cosplaying Light Priestess Micaiah. There are no pictures of her, save for the ones in the final cutscene when Ike kills Ashera. (The offical art is of her as a light mage)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...aiahoutfit.jpg
I can't quite tell what she's got going on there, but here's what I think she's wearing: A white dress with rings of pink around the armhole, and that little corset thing is sewn on. That thing around her shoulders is probably supposed to hold her cape on.

And I don't know what I'm going to do for shoes. I was thinking maybe a pair for little red ballet slippers...

Oh dear, did I talk too much...?
does this help?
Windlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #1504
bitchninja
Mtn. Dew Addiction!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windlord View Post
does this help?
Yes! Thank you!

I tried to take a picture on my cellphone, but it always turned out crappy.
bitchninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #1505
Mimiwu

I love that version of Micaiah. OwO;
I gotta get around to cosplaying her, I've got half the fabric. XD
Mimiwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2008, 09:22 PM   #1506
Yueri

Yueri checking in.
Just reading around.
Still having a hard time with the tight-thingies, but I think I have figured it out.
anyway, just announcing my presence. Gotta go back to work, I mean, sleep.
Unread 02-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #1507
Mimiwu

Hey Yueri, our of curiosity, how did you do the amour on your Tanith costume?
Unread 02-11-2008, 10:54 PM   #1508
Izczerra

*Pops up*
Right, so after three months of procrastinating, I'm finally considering working on my Myrrh costume.
So for her hair, I know that I have to do a whole lot of doctoring-up to the back part for it to look decent. I'm planning on simply getting some purple extensions and hand coloring sections to give it that multicoloured quality.
Would the Angela from Cosworx in purple make a good base?
Also, how many packages of extensions would I need to get if I used both Kanekalon Silky Braid and Silky Jumbo Braid?
Izczerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #1509
moonfall

I'm considering doing Lyn for my next convention (hopefully ready for Megacon). I'd love to do Micaiah someday, too.

Now that I have photoshop, I should be able to resize my Soren pics and post them here.
Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji, butler outfit)
Rose Bride Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena, need new wig)
Twilight Sparkle's Gala Dress (My Little Pony: FiM)
moonfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2008, 12:16 AM   #1510
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izczerra View Post
*Pops up*
Right, so after three months of procrastinating, I'm finally considering working on my Myrrh costume.
So for her hair, I know that I have to do a whole lot of doctoring-up to the back part for it to look decent. I'm planning on simply getting some purple extensions and hand coloring sections to give it that multicoloured quality.
Would the Angela from Cosworx in purple make a good base?
Also, how many packages of extensions would I need to get if I used both Kanekalon Silky Braid and Silky Jumbo Braid?
If you're talking about the frizzy jumbo braid stuff, I'd not recommend using that at all. IMO, it's too frizzy and it looks fried, and frizzy isn't the kind of hair you want for Myrrh. I think two packs of the silky extensions would be more than enough, as long as you use a styrofoam ball or something for the base of the buns. Since Myrrh only has the top bun thing going on, you won't have to fully pigtail the back.

The regular purple will be fine, but you might want to (besides doing the hand-streaked watercolor look) put a coat of burgundy or brown on top of the purple, just because the plain purple color is VERY vibrant, and super cartoony looking, and the brown or dark overcoat will tone the purple down to more of a Myrrh tone.
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2008, 12:21 AM   #1511
moonfall

I'm having trouble resizing...hopefully I'll be able to do it soon. The pictures are sort of lousy, so I will be fixing the costume before I wear it next time. I need to find a better way to make the brand (wax+spirit gum did not work; I had to go with lipstick, which looks like crap). I think I'm going to use a red lip pencil next time and tie the "pigtails" tighter so they don't fall out. Then I'm going to make a tome (bought an old green book) and hopefully add the designs on the sleeves. I found out I don't need red contacts. I'll just leave the red-eye effect in the photos.

BTW, people cannot seem to tell what sex I am, so I count the costume as a success (especially since my own mother didn't recognize me and said "That person looks scary" when I showed her the pictures.)
Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji, butler outfit)
Rose Bride Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena, need new wig)
Twilight Sparkle's Gala Dress (My Little Pony: FiM)
moonfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2008, 06:50 AM   #1512
Yueri

Mimiwu - Craft Foam, and iron and lots of glue! Its the Craft Foam Armor method that is so pouplar now (was also popular back in the day XD haha, like Im old or something)

Izczerra - YEY! Ive been wanting to see that ever since you first came here. I would suggest (as TC beat me to it *glares, then huggles her*) that you give the wig a bath of color that tones down the cartoony-ness. (I just repeated what TC said, so XD)
Unread 02-12-2008, 06:21 PM   #1513
Izczerra

Twilight Clover - Thanks for the advice. There's just one thing I don't quite get:
Quote:
Since Myrrh only has the top bun thing going on, you won't have to fully pigtail the back.
Top-bun thing? I thought she had two massive pigtails.

Yueri - Sorry to disappoint you with nothing new. I've only made pseudo-progress with this costume, (that is to say, I bought new shoe ribbons and thought of a better wing harness). Eh-heh.

One last thing, what colour extensions should I get? None of them seem to even remotely match the wig colour. (This might just be my moniter.)
Izczerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #1514
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izczerra View Post
Twilight Clover - Thanks for the advice. There's just one thing I don't quite get: Top-bun thing? I thought she had two massive pigtails.

Yueri - Sorry to disappoint you with nothing new. I've only made pseudo-progress with this costume, (that is to say, I bought new shoe ribbons and thought of a better wing harness). Eh-heh.

One last thing, what colour extensions should I get? None of them seem to even remotely match the wig colour. (This might just be my moniter.)

You know, I always thought she just had massive buns on her head... I'm second looking at her mugshot and her art, and I can definitely see that it does look like just pigtails now... You're probably right, her hair just never struck me as pigtails so much as immensely thick with two odango looking things on the sides. Either way.

If you got to Katie Bair's website, she has a color chart for Dr. Locks and Amphigory so that you can closely match your extensions to your wig. If there's nothing that matches at all in the purple we've already mentioned, you might just have to buy a lighter purple or lavender and dye the entire thing from scratch. I'd hate for you to have to do that, but some colors (such as the vibrant blue) just don't have perfectly matching extensions.

Yueri: You knows I loves you. :3 I'm thinking on starting Elincia sometime this summer as a side project if I get all my Otakon stuff done on time.
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #1515
Mimiwu

Yueri- Thanks! n__n Just curious, it looks amazing.

There's an awesome place for extensions, but they're kind of pricey.
They have crazy random colours.
http://plastikhaar.ch/northamericash...9fc3 2dd93fe7

I always saw Myrrh's hair as pigtails, just bunched up a bit at the top.
Her hair also looks... like it has a bunch of coloured streaks in it. Green, blue, pink, and even some orange and yellow. *_*; That'd be a fun wig to make.