I pop out of the wood work yet again. >:]
So WAY, WAY back I had said that my friend and I were going to do a Raphael/Naliah group for an October con, but then it came to our realization that I couldn't afford the $150 or so of JUST feathers and fur, let alone the materials, wigs, etc. [*sadface*]...
So we switched to a Sanaki/Almedha match [kind of a long story on how we ended up on those two, mainly dealing with what kind of fabric I could actually
find as opposed to what I wanted to appear out of thin air]. But the October con came and went, and things didn't quite work out. Now here we are with a con in little less then 2 weeks and guess which costumes we're picking back up?
[Luckily I've already graduated and have all the free time I need.]
So here's progress on the bottom dark red band at the bottom of Sanaki's long cape. I didn't really want to do any bead work, but since I screwed up with the sewing machine foot and the tissue paper, it looked kind of sloppy and needed something to freshen it up a bit. Now that I remember all of what I learned back in October about the embroidery, the rest of these will look 1000% better, but alas now I have to bead the other 10 or so of these to keep in uniform. :/
Keep in mind this was snapped with my cellphone so the colors are off.
I have more progress that isn't really post-able, but you can see the purple cape part here
I also wanted to say that you guys have made some rather fine costumes, so hopefully I'll be able to contribute in the FE love. :]