Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Fire Emblem

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 116 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 08-27-2010, 11:54 PM   #3646
Visage
Founder of Across

@HarpyLink and Static

I agree with SnowKirby with regards to the satin and suede. It's a large texture mismatch on the same garment, and a color that is distorted by flash.

Leather, moleskin, or microfiber might work with the suede.

I suggested checking out upholstery/home dec because I've lucked out a couple times in home dec. Home dec sometimes has leather/faux leather/microfiber, etc. It depends on what the store you go to classifies as "home dec". Couldn't hurt to take a peek.

Last edited by Visage : 08-28-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Visage is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #3647
HarpyLink
The Crazy Duck Lady

@ Visage: Okay. XD I was like "WTH? So we should put sofa upholstery on the coat?" I'll try to remember Microfiber next time me and Staticman hit up Johanns. Wonder if we can find that receipt somewhere...

Future Projects. (Will start on once I get a job.)
PBR Avatar Lady Kiwi (Pokemon Battle Revolution)
Mia (Path of Radiance)
Jade (Beyond Good & Evil)

Never been very friendly, so sorry in advance for any sort of offenses :<.
HarpyLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #3648
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Man, it's been AGES since I've posted in here. Anywho, I have decided that one year I want to be Janaff. I would LOVE to be Tibarn since he's one of my all time favourite characters in PoR/RD, but I'm not UBER BUFF enough to be him. I'm just a scrawny woman. ;w;

Cons Attending
[Anime Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #3649
FF7_Flower_Girl
The Wolf Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiChama View Post
Man, it's been AGES since I've posted in here. Anywho, I have decided that one year I want to be Janaff. I would LOVE to be Tibarn since he's one of my all time favourite characters in PoR/RD, but I'm not UBER BUFF enough to be him. I'm just a scrawny woman. ;w;
wo0t! for the Laguz!! yes!! there are not enough of us cosplaying these awesome character types!!
FF7_Flower_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 03:11 AM   #3650
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

I know right? The Laguz are WONDERFUL characters in my opinion, but so little people cosplay them. D: It also GREATLY saddens me when I see Ike, Roy, and Marth cosplayers, but they only know them from the Super Smash Bros. series and not Fire Emblem. D:

Cons Attending
[Anime Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
Unread 09-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #3651
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Laguz ROCK!! They definitely need to be cosplayed more. I'm also sad that despite so much of the Smash FE cosplays out there, that the fans don't go put two and two together and go "...I should play Fire Emblem o.o" Even if they don't like the series, they should at least try. I can never cosplay a character I don't know their whole background/origin on ;; usually when I do play the game or watch the anime they're from, etc, it in fact only makes me really wanna be them more and get to know them better :3.

I actually knew of Roy, Ike, Marth, and so on from Smash, but one day I just had to play the FE games, and I've been hooked ever since ^^!
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #3652
Phavorianne
mutant Favonius

Perhaps because of our different locations, but I actually see mostly laguz cosplay. I wouldn't mind seeing something else for a change. LOL
Phavorianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 01:34 AM   #3653
shadowdragon13
Dont mess with the Dragon

Yeah, I've seen a good amount of Laguz cosplayers at the cons I've gone to. So far I've seen Nailah, Ranulf (both human and cat forms) Lethe, Janaff, Naesala, Leanne, and then myself as Kurthnaga, and my friend as Vika.
Liza (Pokemon R/S/E) - 100%

2014 Cons: Anime California, Comikaze (maybe), Bent Con (maybe), Nuke the Fridge con.
shadowdragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 07:21 AM   #3654
FF7_Flower_Girl
The Wolf Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdragon13 View Post
Yeah, I've seen a good amount of Laguz cosplayers at the cons I've gone to. So far I've seen Nailah, Ranulf (both human and cat forms) Lethe, Janaff, Naesala, Leanne, and then myself as Kurthnaga, and my friend as Vika.

im surprised uve seen a nailah at a con actually...cause from what ive found online there are only about 6 of us that have pics posted cosplaying her. but i wish i saw more laguz cosplayers trying to get my bf to decide if he is going to cosplay edward or ranulf for youmacon
Unread 09-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #3655
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkirby View Post
Laguz ROCK!! They definitely need to be cosplayed more. I'm also sad that despite so much of the Smash FE cosplays out there, that the fans don't go put two and two together and go "...I should play Fire Emblem o.o" Even if they don't like the series, they should at least try. I can never cosplay a character I don't know their whole background/origin on ;; usually when I do play the game or watch the anime they're from, etc, it in fact only makes me really wanna be them more and get to know them better :3.

I actually knew of Roy, Ike, Marth, and so on from Smash, but one day I just had to play the FE games, and I've been hooked ever since ^^!
They do need to! Laguz need love too! And I'll admit, I saw Ike, Roy, and Marth first in Brawl/Melee, but then I was like "I'm gonna try the games out that they're in" and ever since then I've gotten hooked! <3333

Cons Attending
[Anime Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:44 AM   #3656
shadowdragon13
Dont mess with the Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF7_Flower_Girl View Post
im surprised uve seen a nailah at a con actually...cause from what ive found online there are only about 6 of us that have pics posted cosplaying her. but i wish i saw more laguz cosplayers trying to get my bf to decide if he is going to cosplay edward or ranulf for youmacon
Yeah, I was really happy to have seen somone cosplay as her cuz she's my 2nd fav Laguz. First being Kurth of course. :3
Speaking of Kurth, I'm the only person I've seen cosplay as him. No one seems to cosplay as any of the dragons. At least that's what I've seen.
Liza (Pokemon R/S/E) - 100%

2014 Cons: Anime California, Comikaze (maybe), Bent Con (maybe), Nuke the Fridge con.
shadowdragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 06:02 AM   #3657
FF7_Flower_Girl
The Wolf Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdragon13 View Post
Yeah, I was really happy to have seen somone cosplay as her cuz she's my 2nd fav Laguz. First being Kurth of course. :3
Speaking of Kurth, I'm the only person I've seen cosplay as him. No one seems to cosplay as any of the dragons. At least that's what I've seen.
ive been toying with cosplaying Ena but thats after im done with Nailah which might not be for awhile since i LOVE cosplaying her so much...and i now have a list of 5 new cosplays for next years conventions...
Unread 09-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #3658
Luther
A wild LUTHER appeared!

Normally I don't like catboys/girls, but Laguz get a big exception cause they're awesome! :B

I uploaded a pic of my new Solar Brace cause I'm super proud of how it came out. http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2704081/

I may be done with FE cosplay for some time. It could be a while before I get tired of Ephraim hehe. I really have no idea who would be next on the list. Ike maybe? But I just want an excuse to make Ragnell. xD
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #3659
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Luther: LORD IKE!! MAN-GARTER <3!!

::Boot to the Head::

I love your new Solar Brace, it looks a billion times more awesome ^^!! I love how it looks weathered, like it faced many many battles >:O!
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #3660
TR Rose
Meowing About

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiChama View Post
I know right? The Laguz are WONDERFUL characters in my opinion, but so little people cosplay them. D: It also GREATLY saddens me when I see Ike, Roy, and Marth cosplayers, but they only know them from the Super Smash Bros. series and not Fire Emblem. D:
I LOVE the Laguz characters! I have Lethe on my list of possible future cosplays. ^^
(I use her as a tank in PoR - she's just so awesome as a fighter)
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote