Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Fire Emblem

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 120 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 09-12-2010, 12:36 AM   #3661
HarpyLink
The Crazy Duck Lady

Bleh, I am tired of Marth. But the Smash complaint can be said for all of them, specially Captain Falcon. You can get away with not playing something, its more of just bothering to do research or watching a LP or something. Besides, how many other cosplayers just pick things because they look cool and don't know a thing about the subject matter?

Future Projects. (Will start on once I get a job.)
PBR Avatar Lady Kiwi (Pokemon Battle Revolution)
Mia (Path of Radiance)
Jade (Beyond Good & Evil)

Never been very friendly, so sorry in advance for any sort of offenses :<.
HarpyLink is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #3662
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

I agree completely! I admit Marth is pretty okay in the FE games, but I like him a lot more in the manga and even the OVA; his personality (and the other characters around him) really shines! He's a lot more badass in Smash though, so I find he's one of the exceptional characters where if you wanna know more about him, that you'll prolly end up liking him more from other adaptations rather than the actual games he's from ^^;.
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 02:03 PM   #3663
HarpyLink
The Crazy Duck Lady

@ Snowkirby. That's interesting. Never thought about that with him. Now I want to find a Shadow Dragon LP just to see this for myself XD. I have seen a bit of the anime, he was a pretty nice guy there. A wee bit wimpy at first but he got over it. I think my issue is more "OMG HE'S SO BISHI!", come on. That can't be the only reason you like him. Marth is a prince who reclaimed his country. There is a character here, not just a blue haired model.

Same with Ike kind of. He beat a GODDESS! He isn't just doughnut man or obsessed with meat. :< Come on guys.

Mia (Path of Radiance)

Last edited by HarpyLink : 09-15-2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: wtf, word double... I hate those
Unread 09-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #3664
erayachi
Elbow Macaroni Destroyer

Started a Radiant Dawn version of Nephenee today, for a friend. It's official; I can't turn back now. I've seen so many wonderful Fire Emblem costumes, but very little love for the great characters who never get cosplayed...like Malakov, hehe. Or Devdan, or Oscar or someone. I might be biased; the RD characters and their outfits have my head spinning for love...I wish I could make them all.

Or I'm just really, really bored...
Unread 09-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #3665
HarpyLink
The Crazy Duck Lady

Lol, I think you'd just have issues being unable to see with Oscar since you'd have to squint all the time XD. And I wish you all the luck in the world with Titania, that hair, the hair... She must trip on it all the time.

Mia (Path of Radiance)

Unread 09-16-2010, 01:46 PM   #3666
erayachi
Elbow Macaroni Destroyer

Oh boy, yeah...well, the wig I'll get will be a bit shorter. The important thing is the armor....I've no clue how I'm going to do the gold trimming on it. Any type of clay sounds too fragile, no matter how it's coated...and paper mache is too chunky. I'll cross that bridge when it comes, though...><
Unread 09-17-2010, 09:05 PM   #3667
shadowdragon13
Dont mess with the Dragon

Oh wow, Titania. That's awesome. I'd really love to see that when it's finished.

My next FE cosplay will be Elice from FE 1/3/11. And my brother said he'd be Marth with me. YAY, another brother/sister cosplay for us to do.
Liza (Pokemon R/S/E) - 100%

2014 Cons: Anime California, Comikaze (maybe), Bent Con (maybe), Nuke the Fridge con.
shadowdragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 02:05 AM   #3668
Staticman
Call me Static

I would love see a Titania too! Idea for Erayachi and the armor, why not try and experiment with craft foam? It's easy to work with and very inexpensive. Again though, just an idea. n_n;

I haven't played many of the FE games yet, I'm sorry to admit, but I'm in love with the series. PoR and RD are the only ones I've played. I love the laguz, though I never use them while playing. xD My favorite one though is Maurim, the giant Hulk-kitty. I feel bad that Super Smash Brothers was the first place I say Marth and Roy, but I'm fully aware of where they come from.

Right now I'm working on Sothe (Radiant Dawn version), and Ike (Path of Radiance version). I'm already pretty committed to both. I'd love to do Volke or Zihark, and maybe Oscar, just to name a few favorites. = 3=
Sothe [Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn]

Costumes I'd like to have:
Some sort of Pokemon Gijinka
Judai/Jaden YuGiOh! GX
Ventus/Ven, Armored, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Staticman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #3669
Luther
A wild LUTHER appeared!

I think Marth actually has MORE personality in Smash. He seems to be the usual FE hero, "I must save my country" honorable type dude like Roy, Eliwood, Eirika, etc. And I never get people who cosplay a Smash character without playing their origin game. Though until recently it wasn't possible do play Marth's game at all, you don't have any excuse with characters like Ike or Captain Falcon. (Poor Falcon...) I remember a Mist cosplayer complaining about the Ikes swarming Otakon the year after Brawl came out she got pictures with, most weren't sure who she was supposed to be. xD;

I think I wanna do an FE girl next... but why do so many of them have to have miniskirts? Another motivation to lose weight I guess... ;_; I think I wanna do Vanessa, I just adore her outfit and it isn't that complex. I already got the wig picked out, let's see how long I last before I break down and buy it... even though I should give it a month or two to see if I'm still interested in cosplaying her after that... but I've always wanted a green wig in my collection to wear on St Patrick's day... ngggh...

Edit: Nooo... 10% off sale?! I'll never make it! Sometimes I hate you, Cosworx! TnT
Edit2: Oh it was for last Monday, I think... phew, I'm safe! For now...

@erayachi: Ooh, Titania and Neph? I love both their outfits! I can't wait to see them! About the armor, in my opinion it's better to not do a raised design on FE style armor at all. Just paint it on. I made my Ephraim armor with craft foam/cardboard raised designs, it was a huge pain in the butt to cut, glue and mask them off to paint, they peel and wrinkle, and if you're not looking at them up close you can't even tell that they're raised at all! They just look painted on! ;_; I would use paint in slightly darker colors on the main part of the armor to make fake shadows and scratches and make them look worn, so the "raised" edges really pop. ^_^

Last edited by Luther : 09-18-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #3670
FF7_Flower_Girl
The Wolf Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticman View Post
I would love see a Titania too! Idea for Erayachi and the armor, why not try and experiment with craft foam? It's easy to work with and very inexpensive. Again though, just an idea. n_n;

I haven't played many of the FE games yet, I'm sorry to admit, but I'm in love with the series. PoR and RD are the only ones I've played. I love the laguz, though I never use them while playing. xD My favorite one though is Maurim, the giant Hulk-kitty. I feel bad that Super Smash Brothers was the first place I say Marth and Roy, but I'm fully aware of where they come from.

Right now I'm working on Sothe (Radiant Dawn version), and Ike (Path of Radiance version). I'm already pretty committed to both. I'd love to do Volke or Zihark, and maybe Oscar, just to name a few favorites. = 3=

I LOVE SOTHE! and ive been trying to get on of my guy friends to do Zihark! (since he is a kick butt sephiroth i didnt think itd be that far off to make him do a zihark cosplay)
FF7_Flower_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #3671
Staticman
Call me Static

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF7_Flower_Girl View Post
I LOVE SOTHE! and ive been trying to get on of my guy friends to do Zihark! (since he is a kick butt sephiroth i didnt think itd be that far off to make him do a zihark cosplay)
Yay, another person showing Zihark love. ^ 3^
To be honest I love eveyone's outfits from FE, and I already have problems deciding on costumes to make. If I was big enough I'd do Tibarn or Maurim. If I was a girl I'd wanna do Mia, Nephenee, Titania, oh so many (don't want to see me crossplay, and wouldn't feel comfortable doing so anyway). I also wanna do Edward from RD. Sigh so many characters to choose from.
Sothe [Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn]

Costumes I'd like to have:
Some sort of Pokemon Gijinka
Judai/Jaden YuGiOh! GX
Ventus/Ven, Armored, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Staticman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 01:03 AM   #3672
HarpyLink
The Crazy Duck Lady

@ Staticman: You can just force me to do Mia and Nephenee. :P

Mia (Path of Radiance)

Unread 09-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #3673
FF7_Flower_Girl
The Wolf Queen

I hoping to get my bf to do edward i would love for him to Volug but he is a little skinny for him lol
FF7_Flower_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 11:53 PM   #3674
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Oh my gosh so active lately here lol!! Makes me so happy ^^!!

@Harpy: Marth in the OVA is a bit wimpy at first, but he does turn out pretty fierce later on :9 or at least the 2 episodes that were only made ^^;. Sheeda's lines make me rofl tho, she's such a firebrand in there lmao! If I was fluent in Japanese I would totally buy the manga though; I read a few chapters that were translated and it was AMAZING. There's more background on all of the characters in it, Marth included, and it really shows how smart of a tactician he is, even though he doesn't like war and conflict. Also Sheeda is friggin adorable in that one, and it basically made me like Marth and Sheeda as one of my fav FE couples, next to Eirika and Seth, and Lyndis and Hector XD.

From what I've played in Path of Radiance, Ike is likewise adorable XDD. He's very down to earth and chill, but when he sets his mind to something he's unstoppable lol! Mist is such a cute little sister hehe! I wish Ike was my friend...so he'd fight for me. Hurhur!

@erayachi: TITANIIAAAA <3 <3 I love her braided hair! She's badass!! There definitely needs to be more awesome female knights/paladins in everything in general. I wish you luck with her cosplay ^^!
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 12:19 AM   #3675
HarpyLink
The Crazy Duck Lady

@ Snowkirby: Did you get to Beginon yet? Wait till you meet the Apostle. You will be in stitches. "YOU ARE ALL HORRID PEOPLE!" Seriously though, Ike seems like he's scary when he's pissed. And I don't get why people give Mist such a hard time. She's got a nice personality, and she actually is a useful unit when you take the time to level her up. And her class change makes her one of the best Clerics in the game, giving her up to 7 movement and lets her attack back (Albeit a shitty attack but its something).

Mia (Path of Radiance)