Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Fire Emblem

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 102 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 09-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #3766
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

I haven't posted in the FE forums in some time now. I'm finally going to attempt making Ike for 2012. I was originally planning on Soren, but I figured I just a tad too tall and board looking. (That and I'm gaining muscles more easily these days.)

I wanted to do Ike's General outfit in FE: PoR. I already have the wig to style and have a pretty decent idea on how to make Ragnell.

SPEAKING OF RAGNELL! I am rather un-amused that he can use Ragnell in SSBB while wearing his Mercenary outfit. (He didn't get it until he was a General, right?) So confuses me when it comes to Ike cosplay now.
~Louis Despatis: Honor Amongst Thieves~
~Elliot March: Clover/Joker/Heart no Kuni no Alice~
RedeadDie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #3767
Takemaru

How is everyone doing? I wanted to stop by for a while and show what I have for my Marth progress. I'm going with the Brawl version this time. I'll work on it more in November so I have plenty of time to prepare.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3076897/

Again, this armor isn't finished yet. After this will be the tunic, boots, and...the other stuff. I'm going to take more measures to make sure all the parts are secured. I will even coat it all in epoxy.
Unread 10-28-2011, 03:46 AM   #3768
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

Marth's cape design?

I'm considering a Marth cosplay sometime soon and the one thing that I don't have planned out in my head is the design of the cape. Its kicking my ass, lol.

From what I can tell its connect by a single brooch over the right breast. Much like the capes the Spartans wore in the 300. I figured out the cape will need to be a few yards x 60 in (factory yard, from top to bottom). Problem is, for the life of me, I cannot figure out where the Brooch is supposed to go and the position of the brooch hole on the other side, along with recreating that effect.

Also, I made an Ike cosplay earlier this year and my only problem is how I had the cape, that too was confusing as heck. The way I rigged it up had myself being mildly choked when wearing it for longer periods. First time I wore this at an event, I quickly realized that this was not how it was meant to be. There has to be a better way.

Any help or suggestions on these? Is the some all knowing, all cape making guru on that I cannot find? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2014 cons: Whatever happens down in Pensacola or where ever life takes me!

Deviant Art - http://scarlet-impaler.deviantart.com/
Facebook - www.facebook.com/marluxia.tepes
eBay Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #3769
DarciaSolas
HOORAH!!!

Hey. So I thought I'd let the Fire Emblem community here on cosplay.com know that I am going to cosplay Jill from Radiant Dawn!!! I've only seen pictures of one other person on the internet whose cosplayed her.

I already bought my wig and ordered a turtleneck on ebay. I'm going to be apart of a FE group at Anime North 2012. Is anyone else going to cosplay FE at AN2012?

I was wondering if anyone had or knew of any good armour making tutorials (especially boot armour) or tutorials for the straps and padding that the armour is attached to?

P.S. FIRE EMBLEM ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
DarciaSolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 01:41 AM   #3770
crystalamaris
The Reaper Review

Okay! I should have Lethe's wig within the next week or so. Then I'll be able to go shopping for fake fur for the ears and tail, since I need to color match the two. Lethe is a full go for April!

Aseliacon 2014
Marian Fustel
Alvin (Tales of Xillia)
Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia)
Chester Barklight (Tales of Phantasia)
Spada (Tales of Innocence)

Sakuracon 2014
Marian Fustel
Mary (Ib)
Estelle (Tales of Vesperia)
Chester Barklight
crystalamaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #3771
winter bridge

Ohh, I'll definitely be snooping around here a little! <3 Fire Emblem is a great love of mine, and I have multiple cosplays from Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn planned for ... sometime in the future. Rhys is going to be number one, but I also want to do Shinon, and perhaps Oscar ... only thing that's bugging me is all the armor. ; Probably won't like wearing that, but, eh. Anything for the squinty deceitful coward, I guess ~ .
winter bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #3772
Thearah
Is the Smexy Fran

Hey guys! I just recently finished my Tethys cosplay!

http://imgur.com/a/6XYaR

What do ya think? 8D

Officer Jenny ---> 80%
Thearah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 02:28 AM   #3773
laoni

Aha, I feel a little odd bumping this thread, being my first post here and all. I've known of this site for quite a while, but only just signed up today, after taking a break from making the reason why I'm here, a Lute cosplay

I'll admit, I haven't played many FEs at all (Sacred Stones, Rekka No Ken I both completed, and I just started Fuin No Tsurugi a while back but have been distracted) so I don't know a lot of people I've seen talked about in this thread *embarrassed* But, I figured this would be the place to go to learn more about the series, and, of course, share my cosplay ideas and progress for Lute here.

This will be my second completely made by myself cosplay, so I'm nervous, but hopeful it turns out okay (My Rinoa cosplay turned out okay, so far XD Yet to paint the wings on yet :S)

Anyways, I should quit with my rambling, and get to business! So far, I don't have any progress pictures of the actual sewing, but of the fabric, and ribbons and sculpty accessories. I've cut out all the pieces from the pattern I chose (Kwik-Sew 3395, or this image here: http://www.kwiksew.com/Catalog/images/3395.jpg (The top cups, and that middle belt bit are the purple, while the skirt is the wine coloured and then I used the smaller panels from the B style of the pattern to become the flappy purple bits XD), so I'm just basically procrastinating on the sewing part of it XD

So, these are the photos I have so far, I guess as well as the wigs and shoes I'll be buying, before I head and lug out my sewing machine XD Some of the colours don't show up well on my phone's camera ._.

http://i43.tinypic.com/r7jeqa.jpg
^The fabric pile XD

http://i42.tinypic.com/f9fp8m.jpg
^ My purple fabric, which according to my docket, is top pop poplin. Can't see it in the photo, but it looks like it has a bit of a gold shimmer sometimes, which was cool and caught my eye.

http://i44.tinypic.com/eq7dwo.jpg
^ The wine coloured skirt fabric, it's stretch cotton sateen, it feels really nice, and seems to sort of, I dunno, flow better than the purple, so that's why I didn't get matching fabric types there. (If I should have :S)

http://i40.tinypic.com/24yd0ew.jpg

^This is the fabric I'm using for her arm warmer things, it looks firetruck red here, but it's much more brown than that picture shows. The docket says it's kaleidoscope I/Lock, whatever that means XD

http://i42.tinypic.com/e6oos7.jpg
^The fabric for my cape, it's faille, and as soon as I picked it up, knew it was perfect for a cape. But man, it's heavy! Gonna be interesting wearing it XD

http://i39.tinypic.com/mic8ix.jpg
^The painted Sculpty accessories I made for what looks 3d to me on her clothes (The rings under her ponytails, the thing where purple and wine meet, and that triangle on the tan fabric over her chest) It's my first time working with it :S I'm hoping it turns out okay

And! last but not least, the wigs and shoes I'm gonna be getting.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-LADIE...em6fc 4fe2f5d

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-purpl...ht_1816wt_1037

Anyways, enough procrastination from me, I'll put a second coat on my sculpty and head to the sewing machine

@Thearah You make a very pretty Tethys ^_^
laoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #3774
shadowdragon13
Dont mess with the Dragon

Everything looks good. How's she coming along?

As for me with FE cosplays, so far I've only done Kurthnaga from PoR/RD. I originally did him for AX '10, but I brought him back out again for ALA '12. It was lots of fun cosplaying as him again with my friend as Vika. But I am brainstorming some new FE cosplays for the future. Hopefully if I have enough time after I make my Kyubimon quadsuit next year, I'll make one of my planned FE cosplays. Anyway, I'm thinking of cosplaying as Elice from FE1/3/11/12 (with my brother as Marth. ), Mia from FE10 (either her Swordmaster or Trueblade outfits. I haven't decided), Limstella from FE7, and Etzel from FE11/12. I really hope I can do one of these next year, if not I'll be doing them in 2014.
Liza (Pokemon R/S/E) - 100%

2014 Cons: Anime California, Comikaze (maybe), Bent Con (maybe), Nuke the Fridge con.
shadowdragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #3775
Thearah
Is the Smexy Fran

After doing Tethys, I've just recently started on a Lyndis cosplay! I'll update with pictures a little later, but it's coming along!

Officer Jenny ---> 80%
Unread 02-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #3776
shadowdragon13

^I can't wait to see that.
And I saw you're Tethys, it came out very well.

2014 Cons: Anime California, Comikaze (maybe), Bent Con (maybe), Nuke the Fridge con.
Unread 02-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #3777
Thearah
Is the Smexy Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdragon13 View Post
^I can't wait to see that.
And I saw you're Tethys, it came out very well.
Thank you very much! It's still a work in progress with lots of things to finish!

On another note-- Lyndis progress pictures!

IGNORE HOW AWFUL I LOOK. These were taken at like four in the morning, and my face and hair are a mess!

I need to remember to keep the chest pulled down proper underneath the band! I'm going to make the band a little thinner. I know the collar is TECHNICALLY too high, but I'm not doing ALL THAT TRIM again. So, whatever. People will have to deal.

Officer Jenny ---> 80%
Unread 02-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #3778
shadowdragon13

It looks great.

Unread 02-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #3779
laoni

I started on the dress, but then I got distracted XD And then the sewing machine was packed away, and I haven't had the motivation to pull it out again XD (Our sewing machine is one of the super old, cast iron ones, so it's a pain to get out)

I've finished both armwarmer-y things too, they turned out quite nicely, I reckon. I plan on pulling out my sewing machine in the next few days to finish the dress off.

EDIT: AHH, my shoes from Ebay fell in D:

I'm lucky though, a quick google search found these perfect shoes from an Australian company here

http://www.citybeach.com.au/en/new/w...ney-wedge-boot

All I need to do is sew a ribbon on Almost double the price of the other ones though X_x

Last edited by laoni : 02-12-2012 at 12:19 AM.
laoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 02:02 AM   #3780
Thearah
Is the Smexy Fran

Hey guys! I've put Lyndis aside for a little while, and started working on Petrine from Path of Radiance! I really haven't made armor since Fran from FFXII-- I forgot how much I missed making it!

The armor has a craft foam base, with paper mache on top-- made with my old christmas wrapping paper, lol. On top of that, goes Bondo-- which you can see on the right side of the outer chest piece. The breastplate has been sanded, painted and the trim added!

Officer Jenny ---> 80%

Last edited by Thearah : 02-16-2012 at 02:05 AM.