Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Fire Emblem

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #3856
chibi_flora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
flora, your mask turned out great! you guys are all inspirational

i'm having a bit of trouble with finding a wig for Sumia, someone in the wig forum directed me to arda wigs and showed me a great style, but i'm just not sure of the color. i kinda liked the spanish brown color but it's probably too dark...
here's the style: http://arda-wigs.com/products/luthien
i don't know... what do you guys think? i might just take a trip to some wig shops in chicago and see what they have.

touchmon, my guess would be leather armor
Thanks so much! As for the wig, how about something like this? The color looks fairly similar to Sumia's artwork, and should be fairly easy to curl.

Unread 02-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #3857
Syrinx
Love and Peace!!

thank you everyone for your suggestions with the wig it definitely helped me out a lot! thanks for bringing to my attention arda wigs run a bit big... on the other side of that.. chinese/japanese sites have great choices, but sometimes those run a bit too small lol so, after all that, i think i'm back to looking at the cosworx site.

Sumia 25%
Link (OoT) 50%
Bowser 100% (repair work)

Last edited by Syrinx : 02-23-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #3858
Angii
Slifer Spaz

Hi guys. Little late to the party, but I'm working on a Lucina/Marth cosplay from Awakening. :3 Making the wig where it's totally switchable between the two as well so this is gonna be fun. Needed an excuse to do something Fire Emblem-y, and I finally got one. Just gotta hope I finish this in time for Matsuri so I can hopefully stumble into Matt Mercer and yell "FATHER!" at him. xD

I'm nearly done with the tunic piece, and I'm gonna finish the bodysuit underneath relatively soon after. I'm super excited. <3 Can't wait to see all the other cosplays that come out of this!
Angii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #3859
cesspooloflight

Hey there! So I have been planning to do a Lon'Qu cosplay, but I cannot seem to figure out how his tunic works. Could anyone please assist me? Any help would be much appreciated!
cesspooloflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #3860
Angii
Slifer Spaz

Lon'qu's tunic looks like it's a modified kimono/yukata (since he doesn't wear a haori and it's short sleeve, either pattern would work really) with a modified obi to me, which would probably be the best way to go about making it. You'll probably have to cheat the obi, however, since there's no visible tie on it (I'd recommend hiding a snap underneath the decoration he has hanging over the obi). I'd offer up some tutorials, but it seems all the good ones I've used in the past are gone and all that's left are ones on drawing kimono/yukata, which isn't what we want.

I know that certain pattern companies have patterns for it though, so I'd hunt around a little for those as a starting place. You're probably going to be best off appliqueing the designs into the collar part, which is the only part of the kimono pattern you might want to put an addendum into to make his raised collar. (Which, you could also sew in separately if you have a pattern piece from like, a jacket. All you'd have to do is round out the corners.)
Unread 02-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #3861
EndThisRapture
Needs a duel disk!

So I've decided to go through and start on Lucina first! I had a question, I don't know if I'm better off on another part of the forums but, does anyone know what can be done/used for the almost cable knit look to her under garments?

Princess Zelda - [LoZ: Windwaker]
Cordelia -[Fire Emblem: Awakening]
Lucina - [Fire Emblem: Awakening]
Dead Master - [Black★Rock Shooter]

Planned:
Carl Clover [Blazblue]
DTK [Soul Eater]
Echo [Pandora Hearts]
Sumia - [Fire Emblem: Awakening]
EndThisRapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #3862
Angii
Slifer Spaz

I hadn't thought of it looking like a knit fabric, but I was going to sew small, I guess they could be considered darts, into the body suit I was making for it. Given, that's probably not the best method of going about them, but it was all I could come up with to do. You could probably try searching around for a knit fabric similar, but with how far apart they're spaced, I don't think there'd be any fabric like it.
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #3863
Phavorianne
mutant Favonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndThisRapture View Post
So I've decided to go through and start on Lucina first! I had a question, I don't know if I'm better off on another part of the forums but, does anyone know what can be done/used for the almost cable knit look to her under garments?
I think it really depends upon your interpretation of the outfit. Literally translated, the fabric has a very fine-weave sheen to it, so it's not a knit. The styling of her undergarments matches the seamlines on her boots. For that interpretation, I would just sew panels of fabric or put tucks on the inside of the fabric, as Angii suggested.

But you could design a more realistic interpretation of the outfit in which I think rib knit undergarments are very appropriate. I know from personal experience, though, that such a rib knit is very difficult to find and tedious to make.
Phavorianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #3864
ClockworkKey

Seconding all the comments on the masked Lucinda - it came out perfectly, especially the armor (what's it made from, craft foam?) - so great work!

Gonna do it old school and start working on a Nino cosplay for Otakon. Currently trying to figure out fabric choices, especially for vest/corset thing. (Suggestions?)
ClockworkKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #3865
riddeltk
Crepuscular Noise

For Nino's vest I would use polished cotton. I would line it but not with any thing really heavy. You could put lightweight boning in the vertical trim to shape it. It's weird because it looks strong but it's not really a corset. For the lighter trim I would make bias tape out of a different shade of cotton.

Bad news...I was taking Elincia's shirt in to fit me better and I wasn't being careful with me scissors when I cut the new seam so I cut a giant hole in it. I almost cried but it was fixable. So no worries other than the bump I have on my head from banging it on the table. Also, I bought the metal for Lissa's cage skirt.

Sakura Con
Lissa - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Lucina - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Rhyme - The World Ends With You

DragonCon
Claves - Eternal Sonata
Aerith - Final Fantasy: Crisis Core
Megara - Disney's Hercules
riddeltk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:18 PM   #3866
ClockworkKey

Quote:
or Nino's vest I would use polished cotton. I would line it but not with any thing really heavy. You could put lightweight boning in the vertical trim to shape it. It's weird because it looks strong but it's not really a corset. For the lighter trim I would make bias tape out of a different shade of cotton.
The suggestion is much appreciated, thanks! Split on whither to try the boning method (of which I have no experience doing) or just making it tightly fitted around the waist/bust.

Also good luck with Lissa's skirt cage, yikes - how are you going to manage making it with metal and not outrageously heavy?
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #3867
riddeltk
Crepuscular Noise

No problem. The aluminum is really light weight. It'll be really awkward to wear but totally worth it. :P

Sakura Con
Lissa - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Lucina - Fire Emblem: Awakening

DragonCon
Claves - Eternal Sonata
Aerith - Final Fantasy: Crisis Core
Megara - Disney's Hercules
riddeltk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #3868
ClockworkKey

Oh nice - good luck with it. Would love to see some in progress shots of the skirt too.
Unread 02-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #3869
Syrinx
Love and Peace!!

does anyone happen to have a clear picture of Sumia's back and side?? mostly trying to figure out her skirt, but i'll take anything! thanks!

Sumia 25%
Link (OoT) 50%
Bowser 100% (repair work)
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #3870
Angii
Slifer Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
does anyone happen to have a clear picture of Sumia's back and side?? mostly trying to figure out her skirt, but i'll take anything! thanks!
I don't have anything for Sumia's side, but the art book that came with the preorders have some back shots of Sumia's outfit.
http://i1.minus.com/iEdvsQhbo5jhJ.JPG

In other news, got Lucina's top and cape mostly done tonight. Going out to buy materials for Falchion tomorrow!