Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Fire Emblem

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 114 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 05-03-2007, 01:41 PM   #751
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoujoHime View Post
Not leathery. -makes a face- I'm just saying somewhere between the poof of Tethy's and the slight poof of Dorothy's.
Kya! I <3 Dorothy, such an underloved character. XD I think Dorothy's pants hybrid with Tethys's would be cute.

I'm personally against super bright wigs. I know for some characters it's necessary, but you might want to tone down your brightness a bit, since Fire Emblem is a mideivel-ish setting. : )

I think that wig is a bit wrong for the style, too. Neimi has a little piece of bangs, but she doesn't have bangs like that. You might try the Dutch Boy, I think it's called, which is the same length, but no bangs. ^_^
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-03-2007, 01:50 PM   #752
ShoujoHime
Neimi of guild FEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Clover View Post
Kya! I <3 Dorothy, such an underloved character. XD I think Dorothy's pants hybrid with Tethys's would be cute.

I'm personally against super bright wigs. I know for some characters it's necessary, but you might want to tone down your brightness a bit, since Fire Emblem is a mideivel-ish setting. : )

I think that wig is a bit wrong for the style, too. Neimi has a little piece of bangs, but she doesn't have bangs like that. You might try the Dutch Boy, I think it's called, which is the same length, but no bangs. ^_^
I'd figured on cutting most of the bangs off so that it'd have just the few bits that Neimi actually has. ^_^; That's what I'm trying to figure out because she's got such an odd hair color. It is actually a somewhat bright color though....but -shrugs-

Neimi from Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Original Senshi, Sailor Elysian
<To be announced>
ShoujoHime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #753
Arienette
...should be working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoujoHime View Post
I'd figured on cutting most of the bangs off so that it'd have just the few bits that Neimi actually has. ^_^; That's what I'm trying to figure out because she's got such an odd hair color. It is actually a somewhat bright color though....but -shrugs-
I think you'd be a lot better off getting a wig without bangs and styling it to look like Neimi's. You can easily cut a few bits into bangs, and that will be easier and look nicer than chopping almost all the bangs off a wig *with* bangs. The Secret might work, although it does have a side part and Neimi appear to have more of a center part. I don't know how nitpicky you are though, and I know it's hard going off just the one sprite. ^_^

Alternately, if you want a center parted wig, you could try using the Angela 750 and straightening and cutting it - it's a nice basic wig (I'm styling one for my sister's cosplay).

As for color, I'd say it's somewhere in-between the Hot Pink and the Magenta, closer to the Hot Pink though. :/ It's always a little hard to tell just from those swatches that they have on the color page -- try checking out the Cosworx Wigs in Action thread to see if you can find some pictures. ^^

ALA '08 -
Sasori - 0% (planning) | Lavi - 80% (repairs)
Naminé - 100% | Misa (backup) - 100%

Later for '08
Nino - Fire Emblem | Lenna Charlotte Tycoon - FFV
Daenerys Targaryen - A Song of Ice and Fire | More?
Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:13 PM   #754
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

I completely agree with Arienette. It's much easier, and looks neater, to buy a bangless wig and put small bangs in it than it is to buy a banged wig and cut them anything but shorter.

To me it looks like Neimi has a side part, but I can definitely see why you'd say it's a middle part. ^_~

And the Angela 750 is an awesome wig. I used it as a base for my Etna, and holy CRAP is that thing thick. So if you wanted to get one of those and cut/style it ot Neimi, that would be another good idea if you don't mind the cutting and styling part.
Unread 05-04-2007, 02:00 PM   #755
ShoujoHime
Neimi of guild FEF

I'm not so good on the cutting and styling part. Trust me, you should have seen my hair yesterday. -sweatdrops- But I've had it fixed now. ^_^;;

I'll have to do some thinking about what to do on the wig but since I'm just getting ideas together I'm in no hurry. ^_^;;

<To be announced>
Unread 05-04-2007, 09:49 PM   #756
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

It's really not too hard. I learned really fast how to cut and style wigs. I know you could do it if you tried. : )
Unread 05-07-2007, 09:22 AM   #757
ShoujoHime
Neimi of guild FEF

-nods-

I'll be all set for when I actually start working on this cosplay...now the next thing to figure out is how to get that pattern on her shirt.

<To be announced>
Unread 05-07-2007, 03:10 PM   #758
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

You mean those little lines on her chest underneath where her hood is?

You can either fabric paint or applique them. : ) Either way looks good when done properly. <3
Unread 05-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #759
FE Freak
buys Arda Wig exclusively

They looked raised to me,and she already covered what's she going to do with the green brassard?
FE Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #760
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Okay, so Fiora was not done in time for Jacon T____T

BUT! I have pictures of Hector and Raven. I'm on the hunt for more of Raven...anyway, here ya are:

Hector:
http://www.blacklilycosplay.com/Hector3.jpg
http://www.blacklilycosplay.com/Hector.jpeg

Raven:
http://www.blacklilycosplay.com/Ravenandfairy.jpg
http://www.blacklilycosplay.com/P1010837.JPG

Raven's hair was not red enough T__T I promise more Raven pics, and better ones as well.
Unread 05-07-2007, 08:44 PM   #761
Draconargentum
Sanity's no fun

^o^
Hector and Raven are awesome! Man, you've got to show up at one of my local cons someday (unlikely, I'll bet; but, if you're ever in the Southwest US, well...)
Random question, for the sake of my curiosity and sanity: what fabric/s did you use for their costumes? Frome what I can see, it looks to be fairly heavy.

Cosplays Planned for Upcoming Cons
Twilit Messenger (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)- 15%
Zelos Wilder (Tales of Symphonia, v.2)- 25%

Next Convention
Unknown
Draconargentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #762
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Honestly, Raven's jacket is really simple cotton. Hector's armor is tough, though, it's broadcloth that is starched like nothing else. Raven's collar is also very starched.

Raven's costume was the most annoying, because it has so many little details with the ropes and belts and strings and ugh god just kill me now -___-

The armor on his is craft foam, by the way. But it's only one piece. I hope to remake Hector's with Wonderflex. Hector's shirt was bought, it's blue silk. Both guys' pants were also bought.
Unread 05-07-2007, 11:05 PM   #763
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FE Freak View Post
They looked raised to me,and she already covered what's she going to do with the green brassard?

They look flat to me. XD Kehehe.

@Necroninja: What's Hector's axe made of?
Unread 05-08-2007, 07:52 AM   #764
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Twilight Clover: His dad made it, he's a wood-worker, so as you can imagine, it's made of wood...and it's not the lightest thing in the world, either >.<
Unread 05-08-2007, 10:42 PM   #765
Yueri

Mmm
Anyone know of a good Tutorial for Petticoats?

Elincia is 90 percent,except for hemming the skirt and some sleeve decorations... The wather is awesome for pictures, but the fabric im using is kinda heavy, and it completely squashes the petticoat I alreayd have (which is for really light fabrics)

Cheers to more Fire Emblem Cosplay!! Those are cuteys Hector and Raven!