Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 65 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-17-2005, 12:24 PM   #31
Kawaii Bideru
Superhero with attitude

Anime fest wichita was really, really, REALLY bad last year. Oh boy, was I ever dissapointed. Shame on them!!! Maybe it will be better this next year.
Kawaii Bideru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-17-2005, 09:50 PM   #32
Inuyasha_Kun
The Hanyou

hmm I might be going to that con in 2006.... so.. I guess I will just have to see it...

Conventions 2013:
A-kon-Catzi, Botan (dark tournament), Akane Tendou. (maybe Inuyasha)
Tokyo In Tulsa,
Izumi-con
Inuyasha_Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2005, 09:57 PM   #33
YoshidaEri

Inuyasha_Kun - I sent you a PM about the group for AFW
Otakon 2008 + August 8th-10th 2008 + Baltimore Maryland
AnimeFest 2008 + August 29th - September 1st + Dallas Texas
YoshidaEri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2005, 12:12 PM   #34
OklaUBandGeek1
The Giant Robo Fangirl

*gestures to her screen name with a grin*

Bet you'll never guess where I live! LOL!

I'm Charli, and I'm a cosplayer down in Norman, OK. ^_^ I was at MiniCon 2005! With the Sailor Moon group! I went to A-Kon this year too, as as well as CosCon and RoninCon this past fall here in Norman. The last two are fairly small, but they were fun. ^_^

I plan on hitting MiniCon this coming year if you guys can get it organized! I'm going as...Reno of the Turks. ^_^ *excited*

I know, there will probably be a JILLION and ONE people cosplaying him, because apparently, "It's a suit! It's easy!"

I kid you not, this costume is GRIEF! It's NOT easy! LOL!
OklaUBandGeek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2005, 10:44 PM   #35
Fior
Registered LUser <grins>

Yay, Oklahoma!

I live in Tulsa. I'll surely go to Mini-Con because it's so close. I don't know what cosplay I'm doing yet. The Malice Mizer cosplay group I'm in is doing their last, yes sadly, last performance at Shiokazecon. We're going out big, though, Illuminati.
Fior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2005, 03:12 AM   #36
Inuyasha_Kun
The Hanyou

Yay

YAY *claps* more people from Oklahoma ^^ I went to mini-con and A-kon this year as well.. I had alot of fun....

Conventions 2013:
Tokyo In Tulsa,
Izumi-con
Unread 12-11-2005, 02:15 PM   #37
Key-chan
Pocky Kitsune Love

I live in Wichita, Kansas. What is sad about Kansas is it needs more anime cons! I went to the Anime fest in Wichita last August. It was kinda disappointing, but it was not bad for Wichita's first anime con. I mostly played DDR the whole time. lol!

Quote:
Anime fest wichita was really, really, REALLY bad last year. Oh boy, was I ever dissapointed. Shame on them!!! Maybe it will be better this next year.
Yeah, it was bad. But still give the people some credit who thought of giving Wichita an Anime fest. If they haven't thought of it, I would be wasting my money all time going to Okalahoma.
Key-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2005, 02:51 PM   #38
OklaUBandGeek1
The Giant Robo Fangirl

Well, a lot of the times, the first year for a con tend to be VERY small, because they don't have a lot of publicity, and how much money they make also depends on the success of the next year's con. So if you hear about a con in your area, publicize! It's not expensive to make flyers! ^_^ Make threads about them for forums like these, and advertize! ^_^ Word of mouth is amazing.
OklaUBandGeek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2005, 03:35 AM   #39
Inuyasha_Kun
The Hanyou

I totally agree with you on that.. even though that sometimes I am a chicken to aproach someone.... heh.. maybe I should learn not to be afraid what people say, just like inuyasha... right...

the only cons I have ever been to are mini con and A-kon

Conventions 2013:
Tokyo In Tulsa,
Izumi-con
Unread 12-12-2005, 03:55 PM   #40
Ryochan
The Happy-Idiot Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyasha_Kun
I totally agree with you on that.. even though that sometimes I am a chicken to aproach someone.... heh.. maybe I should learn not to be afraid what people say, just like inuyasha... right...

the only cons I have ever been to are mini con and A-kon
You? Chicken to approach someone? That's something you didn't show when I met you!

Tentative Izumi-con 2009 Costumes
- Tifa Lockheart (FF7 - Game Version - I'm gonna FREEZE!)

Running the Human Form Pokemon Battle and A History of Console RPGs at Izumi!
Ryochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2005, 10:19 PM   #41
Inuyasha_Kun
The Hanyou

hehe.. I some times am a chicken sometimes not....

Hahaha if I say something stupid... I am drunk.. .. *pause* I think.. drunk to much four year old wine...

Conventions 2013:
Tokyo In Tulsa,
Izumi-con
Unread 12-23-2005, 02:25 PM   #42
Sailor M00N
Resident Moon Princess

Hey, what's up, an Oklahoma thread, wow. Lol, well I live in Oklahoma, Tulsa to be exact. I went to Mini-con and A-kon, I was Super Sailor Moon at Mini-con and then a bunch of different things at a-kon XD Yeah man what's goin on as far as mini-con, do you know when it's gonna be? Cuz I'm like killing to get it figured out. I'll be going this year as Gaara from Naruto with a rather large group =) I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to A-kon though, but I will be at Shiokaze-con, w00t, first year for that one, is it any good? Yeah well anyways, I'll catch ya'll later, I got a lot of stuff to do o.o

My website can be found Here!
Sailor M00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2005, 03:41 PM   #43
Chibi Ice Wolf
Dead Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor M00N
I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to A-kon though, but I will be at Shiokaze-con, w00t, first year for that one, is it any good? Yeah well anyways, I'll catch ya'll later, I got a lot of stuff to do o.o
Actually I think it's their second year cause it was called Kamikazecon and a friend of mine went to it. Yeah I sure hope Mini-con actually HAPPENS o.O

ARIZONA HOBBYISTS PARADISE
Arizona-based community featuring anime, gaming, cosplay, fashion, art, BJDs and more!

Upcoming Cosplay: Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter), Chii (Tsubasa), Ai Kago (W), Sweets Lolita (Original)

Next up: Izumicon!
Chibi Ice Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2005, 08:50 PM   #44
Ryochan
The Happy-Idiot Lover

Oh hey, you guys should check out the Gatherings and Events section. I put something up in there for a small get together. ^_^

And it will be my first year to attend any cons outside of California.

Ryochan

Tentative Izumi-con 2009 Costumes
- Tifa Lockheart (FF7 - Game Version - I'm gonna FREEZE!)

Running the Human Form Pokemon Battle and A History of Console RPGs at Izumi!
Ryochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2005, 03:00 AM   #45
Sailor M00N
Resident Moon Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Ice Wolf
Actually I think it's their second year cause it was called Kamikazecon and a friend of mine went to it. Yeah I sure hope Mini-con actually HAPPENS o.O
Oh, no I meant it would be my first year to go to Shiokazecon XD Wow, seriously, Shiokaze and Kamikaze is the same thing O.o you sure about that? >.> well alrighty then, lol. It better happen, or I'll cry ... Usagi style ... I bet they'd do it then X3

My website can be found Here!
Sailor M00N is offline   Reply With Quote