Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-29-2005, 07:23 PM   #46
Inuyasha_Kun
The Hanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor M00N
Hey, what's up, an Oklahoma thread, wow. Lol, well I live in Oklahoma, Tulsa to be exact. I went to Mini-con and A-kon, I was Super Sailor Moon at Mini-con and then a bunch of different things at a-kon XD Yeah man what's goin on as far as mini-con, do you know when it's gonna be? Cuz I'm like killing to get it figured out. I'll be going this year as Gaara from Naruto with a rather large group =) I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to A-kon though, but I will be at Shiokaze-con, w00t, first year for that one, is it any good? Yeah well anyways, I'll catch ya'll later, I got a lot of stuff to do o.o
yep, an oklahoma thread....
Hmm I may have seen you at mini-con...thought I don't remember.... I was working in the AMV room.....so I didn't get out as much really.....and I was also dressed up as one of the Ranma's a female ranma to be exact....

And I to live in Tulsa....and right now I am in collage... I go to Wright Buisness School there on 51st in Sharidan... *blinks and shrugs*

Conventions 2013:
A-kon-Catzi, Botan (dark tournament), Akane Tendou. (maybe Inuyasha)
Tokyo In Tulsa,
Izumi-con
Inuyasha_Kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-30-2005, 08:01 PM   #47
Tancos
Who?

Someone else from Wichita here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Bideru
Anime fest wichita was really, really, REALLY bad last year. Oh boy, was I ever dissapointed. Shame on them!!! Maybe it will be better this next year.
I suppose that compared to long-established conventions, it was pretty lame, and the venue was certainly unsuitable, but I thought it went very well for a first-time event. The question is how well next year's AFW is put together.
Tancos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2006, 08:17 PM   #48
AoKoneko
Banned

I live on the OK TX border by the red river. My friends and I have started an Utena group for A-kon17. If anyone in OK would like to join please let me know. http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=73939
AoKoneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2006, 08:32 PM   #49
Kawaii Bideru
Superhero with attitude

I think the problem with AFW was the fact that they wern't thinking as many people would show up. But as soon as they announced it. Everyone was planning the costumes and what not. Then everyone showed up and it was...not the greatest thing in the world. I got the chance to go to Anime nebraskon and it was 100 times better. It was only their second time, so theres no reason a convention can't improve.

Cosplay List:
Naka-Kon
Nebras-Kon
AFW(maybe)
Kawaii Bideru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2006, 02:00 PM   #50
Sailor M00N
Resident Moon Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyasha_Kun
yep, an oklahoma thread....
Hmm I may have seen you at mini-con...thought I don't remember.... I was working in the AMV room.....so I didn't get out as much really.....and I was also dressed up as one of the Ranma's a female ranma to be exact....

And I to live in Tulsa....and right now I am in collage... I go to Wright Buisness School there on 51st in Sharidan... *blinks and shrugs*
I think I came in there a couple of times, but didn't stay, was either looking for someone or passing through *shrugs* Hmm, I want to say I remember you, but I'm not certain, I do recall a female Ranma, but I dk if it was you.

I go to street school on 41st and yale, yeah I dk XD

My website can be found Here!
Sailor M00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2006, 03:39 AM   #51
Inuyasha_Kun
The Hanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor M00N
I think I came in there a couple of times, but didn't stay, was either looking for someone or passing through *shrugs* Hmm, I want to say I remember you, but I'm not certain, I do recall a female Ranma, but I dk if it was you.

I go to street school on 41st and yale, yeah I dk XD
wow, we are pretty close then!

There was two of them there... me and someone else... the picture is in my gallery... ^^

Conventions 2013:
Tokyo In Tulsa,
Izumi-con
Unread 01-07-2006, 03:07 PM   #52
LilyChan
Huricane Riri

I used to live in Lawton, Oklahoma. o.o But I live in (literally) the heart of Texas. Sorry. ;_;

LilyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2006, 03:22 PM   #53
Rika Nakamura

I live in Texas, Pretty close to the border. X3 Me and my family sometimes go through to Chikasaw and Telequah (Probably spelling this wrong. XD ) To see Family. :3
Rika Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2006, 04:56 PM   #54
Ryochan
The Happy-Idiot Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyChan
I used to live in Lawton, Oklahoma. o.o But I live in (literally) the heart of Texas. Sorry. ;_;
Hi Lily! I met you on Gaia too!

Tentative Izumi-con 2009 Costumes
- Tifa Lockheart (FF7 - Game Version - I'm gonna FREEZE!)

Running the Human Form Pokemon Battle and A History of Console RPGs at Izumi!
Ryochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2006, 12:07 AM   #55
AoKoneko
Banned

haha no sure if any of u have heard of this town. But I live in Gainsville. haha XD my mother goes almost every night to the Winstar Casion. It's only 20 miles from our house.
haha we sure do live out in the middle of know where though. hahaha i hate it v,v.
I tried though an coupple of times trying to go to an con in OK. Sence it would be closer to me then some of the Texas cons. But no such luck yet.
AoKoneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2006, 12:29 AM   #56
Ryochan
The Happy-Idiot Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoKoneko
haha no sure if any of u have heard of this town. But I live in Gainsville. haha XD my mother goes almost every night to the Winstar Casion. It's only 20 miles from our house.
haha we sure do live out in the middle of know where though. hahaha i hate it v,v.
I tried though an coupple of times trying to go to an con in OK. Sence it would be closer to me then some of the Texas cons. But no such luck yet.
Strangely, I think I have heard of that place. Which is odd, since my memory of places, and basically anything geographic, can be quite low sometimes. Oh well.

Hopefully you can make it up here for some conventions. I'd love to meet some more new peoples!

Unread 01-20-2006, 11:40 AM   #57
Inuyasha_Kun
The Hanyou

question for all you Oklahomans.... what other Anime conventions are around here in the state?... I be curious......

Conventions 2013:
Tokyo In Tulsa,
Izumi-con
Unread 01-20-2006, 12:34 PM   #58
OklaUBandGeek1
The Giant Robo Fangirl

Weelllll...

There's CosCon, which has its own thread in the "Other Conventions" subforum...and there's RoninCon ( www.ronincon.com ). There was MiniCon, but as far as I know, that's defunct for now, so that's the only three Oklahoma cons I know of.
OklaUBandGeek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2006, 03:39 PM   #59
Ryochan
The Happy-Idiot Lover

Also I'm trying to start a con here, which would be held in 2007. http://chaircon.bravehost.com/
And I'm still looking for help with funding, ideas, etc ^_^

Unread 01-20-2006, 05:04 PM   #60
Inuyasha_Kun
The Hanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryochan
Also I'm trying to start a con here, which would be held in 2007. http://chaircon.bravehost.com/
And I'm still looking for help with funding, ideas, etc ^_^
If you need any help at all, I could help you out, I am not doing anything for a while... so yeah.... any I gotta go talk to you later

Conventions 2013:
Tokyo In Tulsa,
Izumi-con