Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Devil May Cry

Unread 11-07-2005, 12:10 AM   #1
Malice

Devil May Cry 3 Virgil cosplay

Hey every, been a while since i've been on here, but again i need help working out a cosplay, relatively simple, but with a few snags im stuck on. Im thinking of cosplay Virgil from Devil May cry 3. The coat is relative easy, just a blue-ish outer, with a red lining, and bucles on the sleaves, but i havent been able to find any good pictures of the vest aport, and what looks like a scarf or somehting. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this, as i want the cosplay to be a close to perfect as humanly possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg devil4_400.jpg (22.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Vergil.jpg (32.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Malice : 11-07-2005 at 12:13 AM.
Malice is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-07-2005, 09:40 AM   #2
halafax
Mad scientist

You know Ive seen Virgil pics that were not the same as that. I actually thought it was more period wear than that. I could have sworn he wore a suit coat, and a waist coat. The frilly thing in the front of his vest isnt a scarf, its a thingie that I cant remember the name of...we were just talking about it the other nite. I wonder if they changed the costume, because I remember Virgil's outfit being more victorian in look, than asian like the pics you have here.

Im guess those are screen shots from DMC4?
Unread 11-07-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
AllStarAlice
Astrosexy

No those are definitely pictures from Devil May Cry 3. Maybe other pictures of Vergil that you saw were concept drawings.
Unread 11-08-2005, 11:12 PM   #4
Akira-Kun

I think Vergil's coat is actually pretty hard to make. Though it looks kind of simple, there's tons of details and trim on it that are just
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vergil1.jpg (85.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vergil2.jpg (89.7 KB, 0 views)
Akira-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2005, 12:20 AM   #5
Malice

If by trim, you mean the white design on the coat, thats gonna be pretty easy. If i give up trying to stitch it on myself, im gonna grab some top quality white fabric paint and make a stencil for the design. the only hard part for the coat that i can see is the sleeves, and thats more of a pain in the ass, since i gotta edit the sleaves to make room for the buckles (not the right word, lol only one i can think of). I want to base it on the concept sketch i attached, since it looks cooler by far. If i can im gonna keep it as simple as possible, probably a 1920s style vest and the scarf like thing some old gangsters used to wear, kinda like Aion from Chrno Crusade.
Unread 11-09-2005, 09:50 AM   #6
halafax
Mad scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStarAlice
No those are definitely pictures from Devil May Cry 3. Maybe other pictures of Vergil that you saw were concept drawings.

COuld be, but then again its really hard to get a good look at him when he is handing me my @$$ in the game. I believe there is a gallery at the end of DMC3. I swear his outfit was more victorian in look, but then again Ive been wrong before.

BTW I went through your costumes and I have to admit wow is an understatement....
Unread 11-09-2005, 02:34 PM   #7
George duel
Official Solid Snake

I hope this can help...
Unread 11-11-2005, 02:51 PM   #8
Twin Bee
Cuz twins do it better ;3

Hiyas ^^ I've made a Vergil costume :D It's not 100% perfect but I'm pretty proud of it x3 I've also written a whole tutorial on how to make it if you would be interested ^^ Check out my gallery to see pics :3
Twin Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2005, 03:04 PM   #9
Twin Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by halafax
COuld be, but then again its really hard to get a good look at him when he is handing me my @$$ in the game. I believe there is a gallery at the end of DMC3. I swear his outfit was more victorian in look, but then again Ive been wrong before.
You're thinking of Sparda's outfit ^^ Vergil's is kinda similar to his though~

I added an attachment with a pic of his costume below ^^
Legend_Sparda.gif
Unread 11-11-2005, 03:12 PM   #10
Akira-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice
If by trim, you mean the white design on the coat, thats gonna be pretty easy. If i give up trying to stitch it on myself, im gonna grab some top quality white fabric paint and make a stencil for the design. the only hard part for the coat that i can see is the sleeves, and thats more of a pain in the ass, since i gotta edit the sleaves to make room for the buckles (not the right word, lol only one i can think of). I want to base it on the concept sketch i attached, since it looks cooler by far. If i can im gonna keep it as simple as possible, probably a 1920s style vest and the scarf like thing some old gangsters used to wear, kinda like Aion from Chrno Crusade.
No, I don't mean the white design on his coat (though I think that will take a lot of time in its own right). It's the yellow lining that goes all the way around the edges of his entire outfit that's . It goes around all the edges of his coat, his cuffs, collar, and the design on the back. The images I have attached in a previous post of mine are from the official DMC 3 manga, which are accurate designs compared to the video game ones, and I usually try to base my outfits, props and all, to be as close as possible to the original designs.

Akado, I've seen your Vergil cosplay before and I think it's quite nice. What type of material did you use to make the coat and how did you do the white design on it?
Unread 11-11-2005, 03:29 PM   #11
Twin Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah Mei
Akado, I've seen your Vergil cosplay before and I think it's quite nice. What type of material did you use to make the coat and how did you do the white design on it?
Thank you ^^ I'm glad you like it :3 I used an uber heavy type of vinyl for the coat :d For the white parts I handpainted the top parts of the design first. Then for the design that goes all the way down the coat, I made a stencil, covered it in paint and then pressed it onto the material. It helped me get a good outline before I added more layers of paint ^^ After that I got a glaze to go over it in so the paint didn't smudge :d
*Note* All the pics that I have of my Vergil costume were before I put the glaze on so the paint looks all smudey and stuffs >_< I recently cleaned off all the smudges (took me three hours @__@) and added the glaze :d So it looks much better now~ Once I find a pic I'll upload it ^^;;
Unread 11-11-2005, 03:59 PM   #12
Akira-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akado
You're thinking of Sparda's outfit ^^ Vergil's is kinda similar to his though~

I added an attachment with a pic of his costume below ^^
Attachment 16279
Yup, that is the alternate Dante outfit you unlock after you beat the game on Hard mode (which the name implies, that mode is really, really hard!). There is also a cheat that will allow you to unlock everything, galleries and all, without finishing the game. I personally think that takes the fun out of it, but if you're having trouble completing it or just want to see it anyways, a quick visit to Gamefaqs should get you your answers.

And thanks for your outfit tips Akado .
Unread 11-11-2005, 04:07 PM   #13
Twin Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah Mei
And thanks for your outfit tips Akado :).
You're very welcome ^^ If you need the whole tutorial just pm me or something n_n

*Edit*
Wow, your Sessoumaru costume is incredible *__* You look amazing~! ^^

Last edited by Twin Bee : 11-11-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Unread 11-28-2005, 05:36 PM   #14
Malice

Thanks for all your help everyone. IM hoping to start on the cosplay soon, and it shoudlnt be too hard, as the only part that has to be made is the jacket, the vest adn everything else im going too look for in formal stores, menswear stores, anywhere that may sell clothing like that, and costume stores. Hopefully i'll have it done soon so i can shw it off to everyone
Unread 04-20-2006, 05:10 PM   #15
Malice

Sorry bout the lack of updates on my cosplay. lol been driving myself half insane trying to get it as close to perfect as possible. lol ended up drafting in my grandmother to help with it. And to sum it up in one word........WOW. May not exactly like her (wont get into that here) but damn, the woman's got some talent. The coat is almost perfect. Just got the design to paint onto it and its done. As for the rest fo the cosplay, i had ot make a couple shortcuts, dues to money, and shops being out of stock of what i need. I had to leave the crevatte out, since no where had the kind i was after, and i just bought a basic black mens dress vest. And the wig.......no wig, left that to the last minute so i couldnt find what i wanted. Just gonna temp dye my hair white. Ah well, im happy with how its turned out. The con is tomorrow, so i'll upload any photos of it each night for everyone to check out.

Thanks again for all your help, everyone who gave me ideas.