Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 11-15-2005, 11:55 PM   #16
Kawaii_Shoujo
Prettier than you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baka-jin
Oh sadly, not *near* me, theres one 23 miles away, but the traffic is so bad that It takes me 2 hours to get there, btw, I'm in Vancouver Washington, and the place I'm talking about is Uwajimaya/Kinokuniya in Beaverton, heh with the traffic, I think it would be more worthwhile going up to the one in Seattle.
*edit*
Oh well I guess I'm gonna have to put this idea off till later, I might be going to 桜コン as Asuna with some of my friends, which was their idea. Well atleast this will give me some experience for later.
Yes The Seattle Uwajimaya is way larger than the Beaverton one, but you might as well go to the beaverton one, I'll garantee it doesn't take no 2 hours, I used to live on Hillsboro/Portland Or, and I went downtown all the time by car.
The Beaverton Store is worth going to, besides it takes 3-4 hours to get to Seattle from Portland
Kawaii_Shoujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-16-2005, 12:24 AM   #17
baka-jin
*enter witty title*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii_Shoujo
Yes The Seattle Uwajimaya is way larger than the Beaverton one, but you might as well go to the beaverton one, I'll garantee it doesn't take no 2 hours, I used to live on Hillsboro/Portland Or, and I went downtown all the time by car.
The Beaverton Store is worth going to, besides it takes 3-4 hours to get to Seattle from Portland
Well sometimes the traffic does get that bad prolly just because it was veterans day. It seriously took us 2 hours to get from north Vancouver to Uwajimaya that day, that was ridiculous.
baka-jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2005, 05:11 PM   #18
Kawaii_Shoujo
Prettier than you!

I'll Bet, but on a typical day it's not that bad
Unread 11-19-2005, 04:48 AM   #19
Dante_realremix
A devil from heaven.

Think I'll go ahead and post here. Becky has a good idea with Hot Topic, as that's what I did. Yeah, I was a walking billboard for Hot Topic, and I spent around 125 bucks and still couldn't get the right shoes. Which brings up a good point, how big are your feet? Female shoe sizes seem to run two under male. Uhh... ok, here try this, if you wear 11 in guys, you need size thirteen Mary Janes. Anyway, If you want to see what 125 bucks + change will get you check my gallery, and post a few comments if you like. Just be careful, my camera was really crappy, so my pics look like blurry crap, but they should give you an idea.

-Original quote

Soon... I will be known as the angel of cruelty and malice...
http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11003917

http://www.techwarrior.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=37020245
Dante_realremix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2005, 09:19 AM   #20
Kawaii_Shoujo
Prettier than you!

Try Shoebuy.com Birkenstock Mary Janes up to women's size 13 for under $100 + free shipping.
I only wear women's shoes, so I have to order from them.
Unread 11-19-2005, 09:42 AM   #21
ParaPara*Tsu
New Acct.- EmpressTORIA

!

You can go thirft shopping and buy dresses and add/alter them... I do that for my costumes! xD
ParaPara*Tsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2005, 07:53 PM   #22
animeBecky21
Goofy girly user

Payless Shoe Source carries to a 13 and you can buy shoes for under $20 there. Mens I run a 9 1/2-10, womens I can wear a 10 in most open shoes but usually I need an 11 in boots, sneakers and the like. Except for one pair of work boots, I only wear womens shoes now too. Your average shoes the size difference is more like only one size.

Payless also has a website, so you can do mail order with them. Or watch eBay, I've gotten some funky Mary Jane styles there in an 11 for under $20.
Unread 11-19-2005, 11:23 PM   #23
Kawaii_Shoujo
Prettier than you!

The last things I got from payless fell apart in a month.
Better off buying the expencive stuff that's built to last 4-7 months
Unread 11-20-2005, 03:50 AM   #24
animeBecky21
Goofy girly user

I have a pair of penny loafers I got to be Britney Spears from the Baby Do It One more time video for halloween - 5 years ago. (why?? Mostly as something recgnizeable enough yet funny enough to try to win their costume contest...)

Actually the only shoes I have had come apart so far were either Delias or Wal-mart... and both are fixable one way or another. I don't get a lot at Payless but they suire came in handy this halloween when my penny loafers fell apart and I had forgotten to bring any spare shoes.

I wore these penny loafers out even as a guy now and then off and on and they are still in good shape, one of my favorite pairs of shoes. Even if you replace them once a month it's still cheaper - say 7 months times $12.99 = 91.00 is cheaper than $125.00. So you can get 7 pair for less than the same money. If you're new and not sure and on a budget 12.99 is way better than $125 -

If you;re lucky who knows what you may find. The loafers were on sale but only in an 11W for whatever reason when I got them. A year ago halloween I wanted sneakers to be a cheerleader and found a pair I have worn occasiaonally since with a holgraphic heart design on the stripes and heel - for $4 after I got a second pair so they were 1/2 off.

I guess unless you plan to wear them daily and walk through 4 inches of water 3 miles each way twice a day Payless should be good enough -
Unread 11-20-2005, 10:30 AM   #25
Tenebrae
Happy New Year!

I am a woman with wide feet and blunt toes. I wear a lot of men's shoes and boots because they're more comfortable for my feet. I'm about a women's size 8 wide but wear anywhere from a size 4 in combat boots to a size 6.5 to 7 in men's skate shoes (Van's has funky sizing).
A lot of women's shoes are narrow and uncomfortable. They're getting a little better about making shoes available in wide widths, but it's still hard to find the right ones sometimes. In fact, right now I'm looking for a nice-looking pair of comfortable pumps with a medium-sized heel about 2" or less...I swear, they're either 6" high stilettos or 1" chunky heels and nothing in between.
In general, I hate wearing synthetic shoes and much prefer leather because it is breatheable, durable, and will stretch. I have noticed, though, that Payless has been pretty good about carrying more wide width shoes and some in real leather...so I've revised my opinion of Payless somewhat.
At any rate...just weighing in here with some opinions from someone who's worn men's and women's footwear for the last 35 years.
If you can find a shoe store to try the footwear on at, that is SO Much better than just ordering blindly online.
Oh, and if you are ready to order online, I had a thread a while back with some options for women's shoes in large sizes since most women's only go up to a size 12 or sometimes 13 (men's 10 to 12 or so).

-Tenebrae, always happy to jump in on a shoe/boot discussion.
Unread 11-25-2005, 04:51 AM   #26
Aufklarung

As many have said...Hot Topic is a good economic STARTING place if you are mildly curious about EGL.

Eventually some will be encouraged to edit, salvage and create their own outfits at some point later should they continue being interested in EGL fashion. On a fair budget and luck, one can surprisingly make a decent outfit from a single Hot Topic.

http://images2.cosplay.com/cosplay/p...s/26FT6735.jpg

Cosplay Office: Room 510
Aufklarung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #27
Fudou_Yusei

i've been meaning to get into crossplay as well, starting with a crossplay of Izayoi Aki from yugioh 5Ds but i've also had a love for the lolita style, as far as my research goes as long as you are able to understand and deferentiate between what's a Cosplay Lolita and a regular Lolita you're good but i'm a newcomer to this as well and i lack experience when it dcomes to this, but it's good to know that crossplaying is not looked upon with hate, especially when it comes to Male-to-Female Crossplay
Unread 10-01-2012, 01:06 AM   #28
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

I got a realy nice victorian gown from milanoo showed up Friday. People say its not a good company but they sure did a good job on that one. I have never tried lolita style before but I do have entirely victorian and edwardian clothing as I mostly do steampunk stuff. I am also transgender so most of the lolita wont look right on me and finding proper shoes is next to impossible. I can however get away with nice mary janes. If I could pull off most lolita I would as I grew up with something like it. i didn't even know I was male until I was 12.. Long story. But ya I got this great gown from milanoo and I really like it but i need an edwardian or victorian hoopskirt or it will never look like the picture did. it could use a proper corset too actually

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 01:23 AM   #29
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

I have this one http://www.milanoo.com/Gothic-Lolita...wn-p34032.html it nees a hoopskirt and proper corset though. I know its milanoo I did nt know until the other day that peopel have had problems with that company but I have no issues with the dress whatsoever except for the fake el cheapo corset thing that doesn't look anything like the picture. A real one cost more then the dress. Without a hoop it wont look anywhere near as nice either. All I have are petticoats right now its not the same. I will fix that as soon as I have the money though. I was supposed to go out today and meet the steampunk group but i woke up late and honestly im petrified to go out as myself again

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #30
ImNewHere
The new guy.

As you can see from my gallery I do lolita. I still need to get some good updated ones with the new corset and fake boobs though.

Remember, corsets work wonders. Fake boobs hide a multitude of sins. Twin tail wigs make the face more feminine seeming, and petticoats under the dress give the illusion of hips! My newest pics are way better than what I have up there.

*ohh drat, I only read the latest replies, not the oldest, so I did not realize this was deeply necroed! How did someoen find one that old?

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote