Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Unread 02-06-2003, 04:16 PM   #1
Kataiya

I need help

Unfortunately, I didnt find out about Katsucon until late, and could not get a hotel reservation. I have transportations and enough to get in. However, Arlington is about an hour away from where I live so going to and from would be quite a hassle. I would like to go for all three days, and possibly have to arrive on thurseday due to my mother's heavy work schedule. I hate sounding pathetic, but does anyone have a little room to spare for me to crash at or atleast put my stuff in? I do not have much money to my name (I can only offer 30-40 bucks) but for my grattitude Ill draw for you, or atleast attempt. Thanks x.x
Kataiya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-06-2003, 04:33 PM   #2
Celine
Remember me?

I can't help you, but... you can always try looking on the katsucon mailing list or livejournal community. If you are really desperate, there is also the cosp ml. I hope you find somewhere to stay! ^^
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2003, 06:29 PM   #3
Kamui Motoaki
Edge Master of FOOD ^_^

May the force be with you. . ^_^
i know you'll find someone. .
Kamui Motoaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2003, 07:48 AM   #4
Babylon
Mother Of Harlots

The courtyard Marriott should still have rooms left and so should the Holiday Inn across the way. Just go to their respective web sites, do a search on Arlington, Va. and pick the ones on Jefferson Davis Highway.

If your problem is the $30-$40 limit then I guess that won't help much. Sorry...

-Babylon
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2003, 08:03 AM   #5
Mibuzen

Hey. Do you still need a place to stay? I'm looking for another roommate. You are more than welcome to stay with me and my friends if you want. I know this is probably a little late though. Let me know.
Mibuzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2003, 08:07 AM   #6
Kataiya

yeah Mibuzen! I cant pay that much (30-40 bucks) , I hope youll take that x.x What days are you staying ?
Unread 02-07-2003, 08:18 AM   #7
Mibuzen

I'm staying thursday, friday and saturday night. I'm going to be by myself on thursday but I'm working for Katsucon so that's not a big deal though I would still like to have a roommate. Then my two friends are coming in on friday and saturday. So with the four of us I wouldn't expect you to pay more than $30-40 a night. I'll even take a hit and let you pay $30 on thursday night if you can get there and money is an issue.
Unread 02-07-2003, 08:48 AM   #8
Kataiya

unfortunately I happen to be a broke highschool junior. I have no job, nor can drive because I do not have enough money to take a drivers ed class. I dont have 120 bucks, the most I can get is 100 due to straight As. Oh well, it was a nice thought I could have gone. Ill just stay home on the weekend again. No big deal.
Unread 02-07-2003, 08:51 AM   #9
Mibuzen

Just pay me what you can for the room. I don't want to deprive you of the dealers room fun or Katsucon altogether. Is that all right?
Unread 02-07-2003, 08:56 AM   #10
Kataiya

but I feel bad having to depend on people x.x. I hate being cheap
Unread 02-07-2003, 09:00 AM   #11
Kataiya

hmm...I can pay 30 up front. I know that. How about I give you 30, then ask my bf to give me 60 (he gives me money for no reason anyways , weird fellow), you gimme yer address and Ill send you a money order later? Cuz my bf would have to give you a money order since hes on a boat, in the Navy, defending the stupid GB T.T
Unread 02-07-2003, 09:11 AM   #12
Mibuzen

That's fine. I'm trying to get another person to stay in the room on thursday so it would definitely even out after everything. Plus everytime I go to a convention I usually have a problem with rooming or traveling arrangements so nothing is a problem until the convention starts.
Unread 02-07-2003, 09:13 AM   #13
Kataiya

k, ill tell my bf. You might not get the 60-70 for a week or so x.x hes in europe right now