Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-16-2005, 11:00 AM   #1
Mekong_Please

Where to buy color contacts?

Like purple and red...
Mekong_Please is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-16-2005, 01:48 PM   #2
Tenebrae
Happy New Year!

There are a few posts on this subject around.
Here's one:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=67488
Start with an eye exam (even if you have perfect vision).
The place you get the exam done may also have lenses for sale in unusual colours.
Hope this helps.

-Tenebrae.
Unread 11-16-2005, 04:30 PM   #3
TribalButterfly
How Much Longer Until CN?

I think theres been one or 2 other threads on this in the past. Try the makeup forum, i think they were in there
Unread 11-16-2005, 07:52 PM   #4
Mina-chan
Sakuracon Attendee

<3 My favorite color contacts site. Here's where I will be purchasing my Vincent contacts: http://www.visiondirect.com/la/produ... UY-PLST-0-CAT
Unread 11-20-2005, 07:20 PM   #5
black shinigami

A while ago there was a thread regarding anime eyes and someone(I don't remember who, please forgive me) posted a link to an article about contacts in Japan that actually make your eyes look bigger. I'm curious where I would be able to order those from.
black shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2005, 07:53 PM   #6
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! &amp;amp;amp;gt;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by black shinigami
A while ago there was a thread regarding anime eyes and someone(I don't remember who, please forgive me) posted a link to an article about contacts in Japan that actually make your eyes look bigger. I'm curious where I would be able to order those from.
I've read a similar article from Shojo Beat that girls these days wear darker contacts as oppose to the lighter ones. Having the bolder darker colors (like black) gives them the puppy dog look and makes their eyes wider.

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2005, 12:01 PM   #7
Tenebrae
Happy New Year!

http://www.9mmsfx.com can do custom contacts. Some of the contacts have coloured areas that are larger than the normal iris size. That might be what you are looking for.
There are also 3/4 scleral contact lenses (I think that's what they're called) that are much larger without giving the FULL eyeball coverage that a full scleral contact lens has. I seem to recall digging up some threads here on cosplay.com from a guy who designed lenses for 9mmsfx and was involved with getting the Sharingan contact lenses available for Naruto cosplayers. He was talking about how he had some lenses made that were larger than normal and went into detail about how you put them in and how they felt. Very informative. I think I found it in the Critique forum when doing a search for contacts.
I always wanted to get a pair of the oversized black lenses because they look odd without giving the pain and limited wear time of a full scleral lens.

-Tenebrae.
Unread 11-21-2005, 12:42 PM   #8
p:ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by black shinigami
Ah! I was also searching for these contacts... i've bought them at 9mmsfx <3
But i this size is -imho- a bit uncomfortable <(~_~)>
(Here is one of these articles http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.05/play.html?pg=4 (^o~)b
p:ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 06:52 PM   #9
Fallen_Jenova
Just Another Abused Uke

Have you tried ordering them from your eye doctor? Not sure about yours, but mine; you can ask them about trying on those coloured contacts right there in the shop, they even have the special contacts like the 'Cat's Eye' and ect. That's where I get my contacts from, coloured and regular seeing contacts.

Persacon 2008:
Before Crisis and In Game Rufus Shinra~ Final Fantasy VII
Mello~ Death Note
Seras (yellow)~ Hellsing
Alexia Ashford~ Resident Evil Code Veronica
Reno~ Final Fantasy VII

Fallen_Jenova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2005, 04:52 AM   #10
ArsenalFierce13
Resident Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina-chan
<3 My favorite color contacts site. Here's where I will be purchasing my Vincent contacts: http://www.visiondirect.com/la/produ... UY-PLST-0-CAT
Have you ever seen those contacts in use? They're really dark, I used them with my Lulu and Paine costumes. I was a bit dismayed at first since I thought my eyes just looked dark and not really red, although I did warm up to them. Still, as it's time for me to replace them, I'm debating about getting the same pair or trying different ones. You can see them in action in my gallery if you want to see how they look for real, and not just on the site.

Costumes, costumes, la la la! http://www.chicagocostume.com

Cosplay wish list: Faye Valentine masquerade gown (Cowboy Bebop), Lehas (Magna Carta), Gaara (Naruto), Yohko Mano (Devil Hunter Yohko),Setsuka (Soul Calibur III), Zhen Ji (Dynasty Warriors 5)
ArsenalFierce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2005, 10:13 PM   #11
Tenebrae
Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsenalFierce13
Have you ever seen those contacts in use? They're really dark, I used them with my Lulu and Paine costumes.
Your Lulu is just about perfect. Now, maybe it's just my monitor, but your eyes look awesomely bloody red.
What colour are your eyes naturally?

-Tenebrae.
Unread 12-04-2005, 02:01 PM   #12
Mina-chan
Sakuracon Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsenalFierce13
Have you ever seen those contacts in use? They're really dark, I used them with my Lulu and Paine costumes. I was a bit dismayed at first since I thought my eyes just looked dark and not really red, although I did warm up to them. Still, as it's time for me to replace them, I'm debating about getting the same pair or trying different ones. You can see them in action in my gallery if you want to see how they look for real, and not just on the site.
I checked your gallery and it looks as if the contacts only show up in close-up pictures (awesome Lulu, BTW <3). I opted for the visiondirect ones because I didn't want my eyes to look orange. All the other lense that I found seemed too lightish red.
Unread 12-06-2005, 10:12 AM   #13
ArsenalFierce13
Resident Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenebrae
Your Lulu is just about perfect. Now, maybe it's just my monitor, but your eyes look awesomely bloody red.
What colour are your eyes naturally?

-Tenebrae.
Well I guess they did the trick, then, the color was called "blood red". My eyes are actually blue.

Mina-chan: yeah, I know what you mean, I've seen a few sets of red lenses that do look awfully orange. A friend of mine had a pair like that, but I'm not sure where she ordered from.

And thanks for the Lulu love, guys *^_^* I worked on that costume for a looong time.

Costumes, costumes, la la la! http://www.chicagocostume.com

Cosplay wish list: Faye Valentine masquerade gown (Cowboy Bebop), Lehas (Magna Carta), Gaara (Naruto), Yohko Mano (Devil Hunter Yohko),Setsuka (Soul Calibur III), Zhen Ji (Dynasty Warriors 5)
ArsenalFierce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2005, 12:23 AM   #14
Sala
Cosplay Afficionado

How long do non-prescription color contacts last? I only attend 2 conventions per year, so would only be wearing each pair for a total of about 10 hours in a 12 month period. Would the contacts be good for multiple years, or would I have to buy them frequently? This is probably obvious from my questions, but I've never worn contacts before... ^_^

CLICK HERE for Completed and/or Retired Costumes
Sala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2005, 01:14 AM   #15
Strawberry2005
Never say good-bye.

I don't mean to butt into the thread, but I didn't want to bother people with another thread. I was wondering if anyone knew of any suppliers/companies that makes color contacts for people with astigmatism. I need ice blue contacts for my right eye, which is the eye that has astigmatism. If anyone knew of any companies that manufactures these kinds of contacts, it would help a lot.
Toshiya [Dir en grey] *Two costumes--not telling until I wear them. ;D*

2007 Anime Conventions
July 6-8, 2007 // AnimeNEXT
July 20-22, 2007 // Otakon

If you're not living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space.
Strawberry2005 is offline   Reply With Quote