Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Oni-Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-17-2005, 09:43 AM   #1
MarzGurl
Your Video is On The Way!

Video - I Survived Oni-Con!: Oni-Con 2005

It's done! It's really, really done! It's here!

http://www.marzgurlproductions.com/video/oni2005.wmv

28 mins, 55 secs
106 Megs

Thanks to everyone who gave me so much support, thank you to everyone who was patient enough to wait for me to finish, even through uploading the video for 11 hours on a dial-up server! This video was the most fun to film, the most stressful to upload, and the easiest to edit. Please, enjoy!

Unread 11-17-2005, 12:48 PM   #2
Raver-Sakura
Mad flexible Raver Skillz

OMG! I've got to see this! But I cant right now....Im in class... ._. Oh well!
Raver-Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2005, 08:53 PM   #3
BlueRose
新しい畏怖

so what ^ that con sucked it big... and thats not even an opinion.
BlueRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2005, 11:36 PM   #4
hanyou741
*~It looks like a Puma~*

It was a good video, but I think it could have been better if the con had gone better. I blame the hotel, they really did screw over oni-con ><! Evil!

XD, it was pretty funny, I could point myself out so easily in the cosplay crowd, the bright highlighter pink hair stood out well, lol ^ ^ ;;..Ah the fun of Cosplaying as Shuichi, XD!
hanyou741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 01:08 PM   #5
Raver-Sakura

The Hotel was very evil indeed.
Im glad they're going to change the hotel for next year's Onicon.
The video was cool! *claps* Yet again another good con vid Marz-chan
Unread 11-19-2005, 07:14 PM   #6
Cherry

Yay! :d
Unread 11-20-2005, 12:19 AM   #7
Hug_the_Monster
Hug me NOW

Great Job.

Great video (as always), I'm just glad you didn't put that dancing footage up. I might have been a tad bit embaressed. Well, I have to get back to my house. Marz, catch me on MSN sometime, I'm going to ask for your advice between the costumes for next year's Oni-Con.
Hug_the_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2005, 02:30 AM   #8
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRose
First off, that is an opinion. Casting one's opinion as fact has to be one of the highest levels of arogant elitist asshatery one can do.

Also, if you're just here to insult a con and/or video that somebody put an extraordinary amount of time and effort into, I suggest you take it elsewhere.

Other than that, I'll let Cherry deal with it

Oh, awesome video, Marz, looking foreward to our cosplay music video collab.

Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2005, 02:38 AM   #9
Cherry

Quote:
The con did not suck. >/ Oni got screwed over BIG TIME by the hotel. Even the video points out that it was the hotel trying to shut them down or move them or not give them our equipment the whole time. . . and they all tried REALLY hard. And ontop of that, MarzGurl worked EXTREMELY hard on this video. Mind you, I only ran cosplay, but I saw how hard the staff was working 24/7 to try and keep people happy. ;_;

Looking at the fact that you lack any cosplay pictures or anything cosplay-related...The big question is:
Why are you even on Cosplay.com? To try and make people feel bad? To put down a video that a girl used her entire convention time working on it , and weeks after putting it together so that we can all have a well documented look at our conventions and share memories with others?
Unread 11-21-2005, 01:19 PM   #10
Raver-Sakura

GO CHERRY! Most agreed with you!! *claps*
Unread 11-21-2005, 01:26 PM   #11
rabidfanboy
Otokogurui

I loved <3 Oni-con and had a blast; regardless of the hotel issues. It was one of the most fun cons I've been too.

~rabidfanboy.com | Adventures in Cosplaying~
rabidfanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 04:02 AM   #12
BlueRose
新しい畏怖

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry
The con did not suck. >/ Oni got screwed over BIG TIME by the hotel. Even the video points out that it was the hotel trying to shut them down or move them or not give them our equipment the whole time. . . and they all tried REALLY hard. And ontop of that, MarzGurl worked EXTREMELY hard on this video. Mind you, I only ran cosplay, but I saw how hard the staff was working 24/7 to try and keep people happy. ;_;

Looking at the fact that you lack any cosplay pictures or anything cosplay-related...The big question is:
Why are you even on Cosplay.com? To try and make people feel bad? To put down a video that a girl used her entire convention time working on it , and weeks after putting it together so that we can all have a well documented look at our conventions and share memories with others?

you're kidding right? If you can point out where I said anything about marzgirl's video or other cosplayers on the site for that matter; then you can try to hold an effective argument, until then -> I was simply pointing out the hotel did screw the con over, which did downgrade the con exponentially from what it could of been/ was last year. Therefore, making the convention bad...you can argue about 'hard work' all you want to. Fact is, the hotel charged a ridiculous parking fee, which in-turn made alot of volunteers split because of it, short-changing the help and driving people to 'work hard', who had their reasons. It was a low-star hotel with new management that didnt want the con to happen at all. There was mold in the hotels, some of the guests were too passive and seem like they didn't want to be there. Also, about the cosplay-part, I dont take time to upload pictures since mine are developed; dorry i dont live on the internet. But its ok, I see whats going on here; despite what I say, you and other people in this thread will back eachother up just because of a negative comment...no matter what I say.

well whatever, do you

-Star

Last edited by BlueRose : 11-22-2005 at 04:18 AM.
Unread 11-22-2005, 05:04 AM   #13
Isamu-kun
The Corrupt Flame

It was a great video! i like the music kekeke X3 saw myslef a few time woot go sol XD yea the hotel was pretty bad but i try not to let that ruin my good time too much over all i did come out of this con with a lot of fun thing to remmber and a lot of great new friends hey i even got to meet cherry and hassle her at the cosplay pratice at the door X3 btw sorry cherry i didnt mean to come off like a a$$ X3 anyway! alway look for the sliver lineing right? remmber the good and let the bad fade away ::woosh: XD

Last edited by Isamu-kun : 11-22-2005 at 05:07 AM.
Isamu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 11:51 AM   #14
Evil Kimba
Captain Bubbletron

Quote:
you're kidding right? If you can point out where I said anything about marzgirl's video or other cosplayers on the site for that matter; then you can try to hold an effective argument, until then -> I was simply pointing out the hotel did screw the con over, which did downgrade the con exponentially from what it could of been/ was last year. Therefore, making the convention bad...you can argue about 'hard work' all you want to. Fact is, the hotel charged a ridiculous parking fee, which in-turn made alot of volunteers split because of it, short-changing the help and driving people to 'work hard', who had their reasons. It was a low-star hotel with new management that didnt want the con to happen at all. There was mold in the hotels, some of the guests were too passive and seem like they didn't want to be there. Also, about the cosplay-part, I dont take time to upload pictures since mine are developed; dorry i dont live on the internet. But its ok, I see whats going on here; despite what I say, you and other people in this thread will back eachother up just because of a negative comment...no matter what I say.

well whatever, do you

-Star
And then WHY did you feel the need to post off-topic in a thread about a video? There were other places to park than at the hotel. The hotel changed management about two weeks before the con. The con did not suck because the hotel did. If you let the problems with the hotel interfere with your con time/experience, then that's your problem and not theirs. Hey, pronouns! If you want to complain about the hotel, there's a thread for that. http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=70364

We wouldn't be jumping on your ass if you didn't post off-topic in this thread and said that your opinion was fact. Casting one's opinion as fact is extremely arrogant. You're not making any friends here.

And just because some people take the time to upload cosplay photos/videos means that they live on the internet? Wow, that's news to me. Grow up. Please. You've been cosplaying for two years, you should at least have one photo. Until you get pictures in your gallery? No one's going to take you seriously here.

Oh, and paragraph breaks are your friends.
Evil Kimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 01:32 PM   #15
BlueRose
新しい畏怖

Wow, somebody's taking this personally. I wasn't even talking to you.

telling someone to use paragraph breaks?

wtf?.. lame

But i'll tell ya what, im gonna contradict myself, but i'll get those pics up for you as soon as I can...and c'mon, things go off-topic here very frequently.

Last edited by BlueRose : 11-23-2005 at 12:50 AM.