Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Closed Thread
Unread 11-19-2005, 10:21 AM   #1
AZNPRDE420666
hill billy delight

Stripper Aeris

So basically I bought all this pink vinyl and didn't know what to do with it.

Racking my brain, I came up with this concept:

Stripper Aeris

You all probably think i'm insane. Turning the character of sweet little aeris into a stripper!

I am going to crush the visions of Final Fantasy fans everywhere...mwahahaha

anyways, I need your help cosplayers! I can't think of how to turn the innocent costume of aeris into stripper aeris.

Some ideas I have so far is to make hotpants with my vinyl.

Help me make my vision real!

Unread 11-19-2005, 10:26 AM   #2
Yunalicia
Yevonite

Make it in the style os the honey bee girls? I know limebarb has some pics and their versions of it.
Unread 11-19-2005, 10:30 AM   #3
AZNPRDE420666
hill billy delight

Those costumes are reallycute. So do you think I should make a corset type top with some short shorts?
Unread 11-19-2005, 01:59 PM   #4
Solaria
Ninja Pirate

Someone once did a dominatrix Aerith by making her normal outfit out of red and black vinyl. You'll probably want to do something different so it doesn't look like you're "copying".

Hmm... stripper Aerith... *fails at imagining Aerith being a stripper* I kind of like the Honeybee Inn idea though. Just make sure you have her signature hairstyle or nobody will recognize the character.
Unread 11-19-2005, 03:09 PM   #5
WoggyWooWoo
Kind of a big deal

Yeah, I dunno about the stripper, but some kind of cyberpunk version of Aerith might work better. The corset and hot pants would fit with that. Or give her a long pink duster/trench with a short red or pink skirt. But don't change her hair (unless you put in colored high lights or something), like Solaria said.
Unread 11-19-2005, 03:23 PM   #6
Cesario
Drift! Drift! DRIFT!!

Well, given how the Hentai market seems to perverse most characters into oddities that would result in a whole lotta censoring, a Stripper Aeris wouldn't be too far off. I've seen much worse (aside from the whole Brigette Cosplay Accuracy thing).
Unread 11-19-2005, 05:01 PM   #7
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Raver Aerith? There's been versions of that for Rikku and Yuna already..so why not add another tasteful addition to the mix?
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
Unread 11-19-2005, 08:56 PM   #8
AZNPRDE420666
hill billy delight

RenegadePocky: I don't want to be tasteful. Stripper Aeris is funny and shameful at the same time. What a combination! The raver Aeris sounds like a cute idea though.
The honey bee costume would be cute but the whole point of stripper aeris and the origin of her being was that I had all that discount pink vinyl and didn't know what to do with it

Some more concepts for my stripper Aeris:

Instead of a basket of flowers she would have a basket of condoms

A fake cigarrette hanging out of her mouth

Her regular hair but with a big tease

I'm loving all your suggestions so far!
Unread 11-19-2005, 09:46 PM   #9
AnimeAngel
Back in Black

You want it to be distasteful? Excuse me while I lose all respect for you.

This is a horrible idea. Taking someone vision and bastardizing it like that. Utterly H.O.R.R.I.B.L.E.

I'm wondering where the decency in today's cosplayers have gone.

*shakes her head and just walks off*
Unread 11-19-2005, 09:53 PM   #10
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Oh-kay, respect just lost for you. Please see these threads.
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=70185
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=36489
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
Unread 11-19-2005, 10:31 PM   #11
Romann
Fantastic Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNPRDE420666
RenegadePocky: I don't want to be tasteful. Stripper Aeris is funny and shameful at the same time. What a combination!

Instead of a basket of flowers she would have a basket of condoms
That is just crass. How would anyone want to convey themselves like that? Just remember, that this may be a costume, but it kind of represents the costumer just a little.

I can understand trying to make Aeris just a little sexy...but damn.
Unread 11-19-2005, 10:36 PM   #12
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

Stripper Aeris is an awful idea. Awful awful awful awful.

Do you have any respect for yourself? Or is there some reason that you would willfully represent yourself as an object designed to be used and thrown away? A reason that you would present yourself in the kind of situation that most women would do almost anything to escape? There are strippers who do it because they love the business, but what you're attempting to portray is not an empowered woman who strips because she loves to dance, but a woman who is stripping and whoring herself out because she has no money and no better alternative. A woman who is used and abused and has no say in her own life, who has given all control to the men that give her money in exchange for her body. I would think that no woman would want to go out in public representing herself like that.

Then again, you may have some deep cathartic reason to represent yourself as a sexual object with no personal value in public. If that is the case, go ahead. If not, realize that you will be losing respect by your own actions.
Unread 11-19-2005, 10:39 PM   #13
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

I honestly like the idea of your costume but I dont know about carrying a basket of condoms.

I pretty much am making a costume close to distatesfully sexy but i'm not going that far. you should go with a sexy look but not to the point of being utterly distatesfull since there are crazy fans who just might be stupid enough to jump you.

Unread 11-19-2005, 10:43 PM   #14
Aisha-chan
Cosplay Hell Gatekeeper

People like you are the reasons that chauvanism is still around.

Just because your cosplaying doesn't make it okay for you to dress up as a stripper. Would you dress up like a stripper in real life? So why does cosplay make it any different? The fact that you are in a convention hall full of relatively understanding people isn't an excuse, some people don't want to see that.

As Hanyaan said, have some self respect.

"Silly fangirl, shouta's for kids!"
Unread 11-19-2005, 10:54 PM   #15
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

Basket of condoms? WTF?! Not appropriate. At all. People that do crap like that is why cosplayers end up getting looked down upon as freaks (and sometimes get accused of doing it for sexual reasons).

Portray yourself as a decent human being, not some dirty hooker who probably has every VD in the book.

{ I N L U M I N O }
Closed Thread