Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Member Events and Gatherings

Unread 11-24-2005, 06:12 PM   #1
Luna Selene
Bookworm Extraordinaire

Chicago area Harry Potter Gathering...anyone interested?

I've been thinking about this since the release of GoF and I was wondering if any of you might be interested:

I've been considering possibly holding a photoshoot at the University of Chicago, where I currently attend as a first year. The University was modeled after Oxford, where the Great Hall and other hallway/corridor/courtyard scenes were filmed. There are a lot of pretty spots outdoors (and a few places indoors) that would be perfect for photoshoots.

- It would have to be after January 3rd, at least. I won't be around for the Christmas break. I know Chicago has cold winters and if we want to schedule it for early spring, that's fine too, but January is the earliest I can do it.

- We'd be taking our own photos unless someone else would like to volunteer to take them for us.

- In terms of changing, there are bathrooms here but no changing rooms, so keep that in mind. Also, there are coffee shops and the like if you want to get hot drinks, too.

- The parking garages aren't free and sometimes finding spaces on the street can be hectic, but I can point out where the garages are and such. If you want to take CTA or Metra, I can post instructions of how to get to the campus as well.

- And finally, doubles/triples/whatever of HP characters are welcome! I wouldn't be looking to just have one of every character, just whoever wants to come and whatever costume they want to bring is just fine.

If you're interested, please reply to this post! I've posted information on the hp_costuming community as well. If you have a preference of dates or any other questions, please post here or contact me through PMs, AIM, or my LJ, all of which are on my profile.

Also, this post will be updated with confirmed dates, times, places, and of those considering attending and those who can make it for sure, as well as which character they'll be cosplaying.

Date: TBA

Time: TBA

Places (on UChicago campus): TBA, although for the moment I'm going to say the main Quadrangle and Ida Noyes Hall.

Members attending - Costumes:

Luna Selene - PoA/GoF Hermione robes, GoF Yule Ball Hermione (maybe)

Next con: Momocon 2010
Wearing:Franziska von Karma ~ Yuuko Ichihara ~ Virgilia ~ Beatrice?
Luna Selene is offline   Reply With Quote