Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 02-07-2003, 05:45 PM   #1
Nine
The busty one!

XD Sweet

Lol! I see they've made a forum for me XD
hahaha j/k hehe

ANYWAY! XD This is so cool!

Do you crossplay? Are you male or female? Why do you crossplay?

I crossplay... duh! hehe. I'm known for Lulu.. hehe. I'm male, and I crossplay because my favorite characters are female, and I like to cosplay my favorite characters! I also do it for the reactions I get from confused people. XD
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-07-2003, 05:53 PM   #2
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

I am female, but I crossplay male characters sometimes. In a lot of shows the females either wear next to nothing or skintight stuff I wouldn't dream about wearing - so what does that leave but the guys. Other times, I just like the character and decide to costume them regardless of the sex.
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2003, 05:55 PM   #3
Pendrell
yea for thou art kickass.

*l* This is my new favorite forum. Nyeh, I crossplay because.. I can pull off male charas moreso than female.. ><; *lol* I haven't got the required cleavage for most female costumes I'd like to do, hence the reason the only female chara I'll cosplay as for the foreseeable future is .hack Subaru.. ^^; Oh well. But I also have more of an affinity for the male characters. So yeah.
Unread 02-07-2003, 06:03 PM   #4
psythe

Male, crossplaying Chloe from Noir starting at Katsu ^^v
psythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2003, 06:16 PM   #5
Dr. Makoti Jean
The Mad Scientist

Alright! A crossplay board! I'm a female and proud to be a crossplayer! Hmmm reason I crossplay is mainly because I don't a womanly appeal to cosplay most women. Almost all people I meet, think I'm a guy. So I went with it. But I may dress like a girl once in a blue moon....^-^;

Dr. Makoti Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2003, 06:25 PM   #6
Mekou
Meow~

I crossed played as Bakura at CNAnime 02. It has since been revamped so now looks MUCH better. (but still no wig..ARG!)
Mekou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2003, 08:27 PM   #7
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

This is a strange forum concept. Oh well, I have a feeling I'll be here much, too.
Um, I'm trying to get variety in the cosplay resume there, be it male or female, but I instinctively lean towards crossplay, mostly as the guys are oftentimes so much cooler, in both design and personality. I try to just find characters that I can identify with and would be marginally comfortable wearing their outfits...and that just doesn't end up being most of the girls.

And yes, I gotta go with characters I could remotely resemble...which also wouldn't be most of the girls. X_x (Except the guys tend to be freakishly tall...but that's what 6" platform boots are for ^_^)
Unread 02-07-2003, 08:39 PM   #8
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

WHY do we even have a crossplay forum?
How is crossplay not "Anime costume", "Video games costumes" or "other costumes"?
I don't like this... it feels like segregation.

I am just a female cosplayer who happens to only dress as anime/video game characters who are male. That does not make me different from any other cosplayer.
Unread 02-07-2003, 08:47 PM   #9
Basic Beecicchi
Vice City Don

Even if you do state it, Rosiel.......there will be a new player who might confuse you, at first glance, for a male.

Don't ask me how, i just figure it will happen [if not already, no offense] eventually.

Perhaps this section makes it official? [I can see where you might bounce back with "it doesn't need to be official"]
Basic Beecicchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2003, 08:52 PM   #10
Nine
The busty one!

Well, cosplay.com has a big influence on the cosplay society in north america, in my opinion, and if they recognize crossplay as apart of cosplay - then maybe there will be more acceptance and understanding? ^^; *shrugs*
Unread 02-07-2003, 09:09 PM   #11
Cocoa
Wielder of the spork.

Well, that, and the fact that crossplay has it's own unique set of challanges - like me, a 5'7" 14 year old girl who needs to figure out how to look vaguely like a 25 year old guy who's probably closer to 6' ^^ Maybe the admins decided that we special people deserved a forum for our discussion of all those little things, rather than having them scattered around the other forums - costume questions related to the costume and not so much the crossplay bit could probably go in the other forums.
-Cocoa
Cocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2003, 09:09 PM   #12
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> there will be a new player who might confuse you, at first glance, for a male.

It happens all the time. ^_^ I guess I was talking more on a philosophical standpoint... in that I am not trying to look /male/ but trying to look like a character who happens to be male and...

I lost my point. O_O
I swear I had one! LOL
Unread 02-07-2003, 09:13 PM   #13
Basic Beecicchi
Vice City Don

I respect your standpoint too, where one might think "you really don't need to have a seperate section to let people know that you crossplayed [insert theme // costume here]"........

But as we both know, it might clear some confusion. Who knows, someone might hit on a crossplay[ed player] only to find quite the surprise XD
Basic Beecicchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2003, 09:15 PM   #14
Nine
The busty one!

I get mistaken as a female in my old Lulu costume.

Things from "Excuse my ma'am." "im a guy.." "oh.. er.. sir.." to.. "who are you dressed as?" "Im dressed as a girl!" "ITS A GUY AAH!!" XD
Unread 02-07-2003, 09:17 PM   #15
Ali-kun
Ask a GENtern...

True, it might seem rather like segregation (or over-specialization), but having a crossplay forum would make it slightly easier to find threads on binding or stuffing ;P

There are other forum sections with relatively small followings as well (the j-rock and other costumes, for instance) so I guess having a special forum just for crossplaying isn't too much of a stretch ^_^

And obviously, if you had a costume problem or suggestion that applied to a character in general, rather than someone of the opposite gender trying to be that character, you could address that in the proper forum.

(random gripe...arr...I hate this computer/keyboard! I have to fix typos so often because of the computer's slow laggy evilness and the keyboard's stickiness, grr)
Ali-kun is offline   Reply With Quote