Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Unread 02-08-2003, 01:20 AM   #1
neoangelwink
waiting

ddr ar in training

so far been playing ddr, i have been working off on but know been play ever day for last week but still cant seem to get better. i finly can get most b and one 2 a on light. but stilll have hard time with faster soung like japen and healing vishon( one heart thing). what do most guy do to get bater at it? also what sound do u like on it? it great game good keep heathy. most good when want burn of that bowl of ice cream with whippcream. most any have some neat ddr story? one time i burn off 500 cal from playing for 3 hour once. does any have there own ddr look, for ex: my is with my plead short shir with a tank with kitty tail and ear. most when at katu see what i mean. but it hard play ddr in whit mage coustime.
neoangelwink is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-08-2003, 02:17 AM   #2
Menchi
Tee hee <3

me personally...i play an play an play till my legs hurt an cant play anymore. the training is helpful too. ya can get alot outta that. also not stayin in the center alot an staying on the arrows as ya use em. ummm the thing that helps out alot too is follow the rythem of the song. but is more practice on my exp.
Menchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2003, 02:19 AM   #3
Studmaster
The King of Games!

I'm going to move this to the Videogame Forum. And yes DDR is fun, real fun. Good you started to play it.
Studmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2003, 02:48 AM   #4
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

Quote:
Originally posted by Menchi
me personally...i play an play an play till my legs hurt an cant play anymore. the training is helpful too. ya can get alot outta that. also not stayin in the center alot an staying on the arrows as ya use em. ummm the thing that helps out alot too is follow the rythem of the song. but is more practice on my exp.
Good tips - try to stay on the arrows as much as possible. It makes it easier to get around during the song ^_^ Don't be afraid to try harder songs little by little (that's how I'm getting a little into Maniac). Stretching could help with tight muscles if you have them before DDRing
Babbit_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2003, 09:13 AM   #5
Neko Cathy

Hmm... this sounds like a reflex problem. Try playing DDR on the controller when you take a break from playing too muchon the pad. That has definetly helped me out on getting the steps down at theright time.

Another thing that was helpful to me was going to the training mode and using the handclap assist to get the feel of the song's beat and to nail it. Most of the DDR arrows, especially the Maniac arrows are all focus on the entire beat and rhythm of the song and if you can learn ho to get the step done, then you got it and it's easy. After using the handclap only and improving, it's time to move to the Track and handclap so I could really get the rhythm of the song and move to it.
Neko Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2003, 12:12 PM   #6
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

Neko Cathy: I forgot all about the controller - good point
Unread 02-08-2003, 10:40 PM   #7
Neko Cathy

Oh yea, another thing to add here- for your "breaks" on the controller, if you suck at that then your tired. Get some rest
Unread 02-08-2003, 11:14 PM   #8
neoangelwink
waiting

think u guy helping me out ^__^ u are wonderful. ( bow head)
Unread 02-09-2003, 10:25 AM   #9
Neko Cathy

It's no prob. DDR takes me to get use to and advance in pace. It really depends on your pace and reflex time.
Unread 02-09-2003, 02:22 PM   #10
Tifa
Target Locked

To get better at DDR, I found someone at the arcade to teach me techniques, and then play with me so I can go on Heavy and he'll keep me in. He also pays for all my games 'cause I'm too cheap =P
Tifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 02:31 PM   #11
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

That's really cool, Tifa! Too bad there's no one around here that I know who's like that -_-;
Unread 02-09-2003, 02:39 PM   #12
Tifa
Target Locked

Hah, I know. But he has, like, hundreds of coins (CrackerJax) everytime I see him! It's crazy x.x And he doesn't have a job, either O.o But he says he gets paid a lot every week 'cause he worked at the World Trade Center. It's awesome! He worked on floor 77 *off subject* on the first building (which was hit at floor 80-something) but he was called out to some place to fix a computer that morning. Neato, huh? But the only I don't like about Arizona is that there's barely any girl DDR players, and I've only met one above my level... x.x I DON'T UNDERSTAND
Tifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 05:48 PM   #13
tydawgsd
Poser Ninja

Hmm, I can give you a few basic tips.
1. Don't look at your feet
Obviously if you are looking at your feet and not the arrows you will miss some.

2. Stay out of the Middle of the pad
This is important, If you start with your feet in the middle you not only have to move farther to get an arrow, but pulling your foot back to the middle will throw of your timing. Trying starting with your feet on the right and left arrows.

3. Try to switch feet everytime.
Also important, if you switch feet every arrow, you will start to get the feel for the pad and get used to moving all around the pad with both feet. This will allow you to get the 'pad presence', or just knowing where the arrows are without looking. Obviously if is like two right arrows in a row, you don't need to switch feet.

4. Relax
Just relax. If you are more relaxed, it will help you.

5. Practice
Practice imakes perfect, just keep on playing and you will get better.
tydawgsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 10:38 PM   #14
neoangelwink
waiting

Quote:
Originally posted by Tifa
Hah, I know. But he has, like, hundreds of coins (CrackerJax) everytime I see him! It's crazy x.x And he doesn't have a job, either O.o But he says he gets paid a lot every week 'cause he worked at the World Trade Center. It's awesome! He worked on floor 77 *off subject* on the first building (which was hit at floor 80-something) but he was called out to some place to fix a computer that morning. Neato, huh? But the only I don't like about Arizona is that there's barely any girl DDR players, and I've only met one above my level... x.x I DON'T UNDERSTAND
sound like friend i know too. but he pays for moive and dinner. he really nice. i dont how does it some time .
think u guy so much. hug, i learn much. i have learn how to relxe some tanst up. i will try out countoer thing too.^__^
Unread 02-10-2003, 08:09 AM   #15
Babylon
Mother Of Harlots

Just to add some things. I've been playing DDR for about 3 weeks now. When I first started I could barely get a C on difficulty 2 songs on light mode. I just couldn't get my feet moving fast enough and I'd tire out real easily. It frustrated me so I quit playing in game mode and only did workout mode on beginner so I would get the exercise and be able to goof around and do my own steps.

Last night I went back to game mode and now I'm flying through almost everything. I'm still have a problem with the 1/8 beat steps (especially when they're directly followed by a jump), but I'm even getting better at that. It just took playing in workout mode for a while to get my feet and legs used to playing and used to where I should step on the pad.

I'm still only doing songs on light mode (At this point I can't fathom how you people pass songs on heavy difficulty), but I've come a very long way from originally tripping over my own feet. I'm also now able to go a good two hours straight without falling over. At first I couldn't even do 10 minutes.

So there is my tip: Mess around in workout mode or training mode just to get a feel for things and to get your feet moving in a DDR way.

Also, if you haven't figured it out already, one of the main things that helped me was learning to read ahead. It can really mess you up if you loose track of the beat, but it's the only way of knowing where your feet need to be the first few times you play through the song.

Good luck! Maybe I'll challenge you to a dance or two at Katsu.

-Babylon
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote