Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 02-08-2003, 06:17 PM   #1
Cocoa
Wielder of the spork.

Subaru and Seishirou Crossplay

Seeing as the admins gave us this shiny, brand-new forum to molest, I couldn't resist. I'm a rabid Subaru/Seishirou (from X and Tokyo Babylon), and I'm currently planning an outfit or two of each ot them. Now, I've noticed that most S/S cosplayers are female, and the very few I've seen that were male were mostly not so good. That being said, are there any other Subaru or Seishirou crossplayers here? Any pairs of the two? I've discovered S/S cosplayers tend to come in pairs. Or am I the only one?
-Cocoa
Cocoa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-08-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

I always wanted to see a Subaru/Kamui pair myself... but alas, it seems few people share my quirky X pairing preference. ;___;

I thought of doing an onmyouji Subaru and bribing a friend into being Kamui, but then I saw so many onmyouji Subarus it discouraged me...
Unread 02-08-2003, 09:31 PM   #3
Pendrell
yea for thou art kickass.

Well, I'd like to see Subaru x Kamui.. but where's the fun in that? *l* I mean, there'd be no borderline molestation or horrible angst-inducing mindgames between 'em, just mushy bishie-love. And where would the X storyline be without molestation and angst? XP

I'm a lone Subaru, I have noone to molest meee. ;_; But through an odd twist of events, my Mulder action figure will soon be my new Seishirou for running the con gamut. Yep, cosplayin' Mulder doll, what a concept. ^^;
Eh, at least he's already got the suit. I just have to Sharpie his hair and white-out the right eye... *l* Voila! Insta-SeiSei! XD
Unread 02-08-2003, 10:46 PM   #4
soshi
onna kaizoku

Ao (domestik) and myself will be tarot versions of Seishirou and Subar at AX. ^^ I'm Seishirou.. I get a SCYTHE! ^_____^
soshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2003, 10:54 PM   #5
Cocoa
Wielder of the spork.

When I saw the pilot ep of the X-Files (I bought the first tape, it's got it on there), there's a shot of Mulder smiling with his glasses on, and he looked really creepily like Seishirou. I want pics of both the cosplaying Mulder doll and the Tarot outfits, you two ^^ I have a friend that's doing Seishirou's tarot card outfit at Katsucon next weekend...
-Cocoa
Unread 02-09-2003, 04:55 AM   #6
A J
sets ovens on fire

There was an amazing onmyouji Subaru and Seishirou (complete with one blinded eye) at yaoi-con in the masquerade. They had a Kamui with them too.

I bet you could find pictures of them if you went back through the yaoi-con pics that Eurobeat King took. The costumes were really well done.

*also a subaru/seishirou fan*! I think it's the whole tragic thing that Clamp is so good at.
A J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 07:15 AM   #7
K_Valentine
I shoot people.

This year I'm doing a Seishiro. It's no crossplay for me. I hope to do a decent job on it.
K_Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 12:16 PM   #8
Cocoa
Wielder of the spork.

*laughs* Yaoi-con Subaru is sort of a friend of mine, albeit a newer one. She and her Seishirou really did do a nice job....they're actually dating, although her Seishirou is currently overseas, I believe. Very interesting person...I'm planning on doing Subaru's shikifuku for Shoujocon, and was introduced to her by another friend saying I should go to her with my questions ^^ And K_Valentine, if you want to be a good Seishirou, you need a Subaru...Subaru can sometimes stand on his own, but as a friend pointed out, Seishirou really isn't much of a character without Subaru. And if you're a guy, your Subaru must be a guy as well ^^ *loves her Subaru, who happens to be a crossplayer too*
-Cocoa
Unread 02-09-2003, 01:42 PM   #9
A J
sets ovens on fire

I figured someone here would know them. I was very impressed. They were my favorite skit in the masquerade.
A J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 10:28 PM   #10
Pendrell

I may not have an actual Seishirou, but I think Mulder does a decent job filling in the vacancy. *l* ^^ Um, he's missing the tip of his tie though, some kid snapped it off, like, a year ago. Nrrr. So I have to get creative and fix him up... and paint over his tie while I'm at it. Ugh, navy and burgundy stripes, not exactly Sei-chan's optimal color scheme.
Oh, and I WANT TO GO TO YAOICON. XO Curse my poorness! I'm missing out on all the fun. ;_;
Pendrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2003, 10:32 PM   #11
Cocoa
Wielder of the spork.

I knoooow...but I'm on the wrong side of the continent for Yaoicon. Too young, too. But someday. Someday ^^ Maybe you could use some sculpy to fix up the tie? And sharpie-color it black, too. Mmmmm...black ^^
-Cocoa
Unread 02-09-2003, 10:42 PM   #12
Pendrell

Too young? Aw. v_v; I'm legal now! Ha HA! *l* Time to hit the west coast! And if I had money, you'd best believe I'd be dragging a couple of people along with me to Yaoicon this year. Especially a certain dweeby male friend who really, really wants to go just so he can parade around in his 'uke' shirt while I've got on my 'seme' one. ^^; Even though he doesn't like yaoi. At all. XP

Hai, Sculpy-n-Sharpie it is. Nothing better than a man dressed in black... now, if he only had.. sunglasses. ^^;
Pendrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2003, 08:50 PM   #13
domestik
pudding king

Yeeeep! I get my very own Seishirou to molest... er... get molsted by. o.o;

Oh the fun and joy that shall be had. XD
Unread 02-14-2003, 09:11 PM   #14
Pendrell

Jesus, everybody's got one but me. I'm a defective Subaru. ><
Unread 02-14-2003, 09:28 PM   #15
Cocoa
Wielder of the spork.

Domestik, that's great. More S/S = Good. Pendrell, my advice is to get yourself a group of friends and some 'Free Hugs' signs and give out free hugs at a con, and wait for a Seishirou to find you ^^ That's how I came upon my Subaru. And I've discovered that Anime Boston, a first-year con up here in MA, already has four pairs going as Subaru and Seishirou, including myself. Out of those four pairs, one of the Seishirous is a guy, and the rest of us are girls. Should make for some intresting photo poses, at least. So much S/S...I never knew there were all these wonderful people in my state ^^
-Cocoa