Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-15-2008, 06:31 AM   #1
Sakanoue Ayame
In Android Hell

Costumes for larger breasted girls...

I have 32DD/E breasts and I know it. Everytime I go to an event I have to go as a girl, and it's dull. I couldn't stand to go as a big breasted anime girl (like Inoue from Bleach) so even when I go as Ise Nanao I have to bind, wich is bothersome and pretty ineffectual.

This year I am going as Uchiha Itachi because I can hide myself in that glorious Akatsuki uniform, but I was wondering, does anyone else know of 'guy' costumes that larger breasted girls can crossplay with and does anyone have any extra tips (aside from the normal ones) for girls with D or above?

Thanks ^_^
Sakanoue Ayame is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2008, 11:30 PM   #2
Nagii
Number Eleven

I have a 42DDD bust. I hate it. I just cosplay any guy I wish. I use a tight sports bra just to keep them flat looking or smaller. Do not wear a bra, they will make them noticeable. You can try binding, but I had problems with the bandage because it kept shrinking while I had it on.

Friday: Chromia (Transformers Windblade)
Saturday: Lizzie Hearts (Ever After High)
Sunday: Duchess Swan (Ever After High)

Transformers Con 2015 - IDW Crosshairs
Fan Expo -
Nagii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2008, 01:37 AM   #3
Sakanoue Ayame
In Android Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagii View Post
I have a 42DDD bust. I hate it. I just cosplay any guy I wish. I use a tight sports bra just to keep them flat looking or smaller. Do not wear a bra, they will make them noticeable. You can try binding, but I had problems with the bandage because it kept shrinking while I had it on.

Sports bras never work for me, they just make them look bigger! Well it makes them stick out lots. All I have now is my friends Byakuya scarf, tied obi style under a T-shirt... And that's pretty bulky
Unread 01-16-2008, 02:14 AM   #4
Queen Anime 99
Call me Queenie. :D

Sakanoue, you can cosplay as any character you want. Don't worry about your chest. But, if you're still worried, you can buy a chest binder from underworks.com. I'd recommend the Tri-Top Chest Binder. It works pretty good on me and I've heard it's especially good for big-chested girls.

Check out the binding thread for more advice.

Anime Weekend Atlanta 2015
1. Will Graham (Hannibal) - Saturday
2. Charlie Kelly (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Sunday
Queen Anime 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
RyukoKahuma
Cos-/Crossplayer

34E here, and I crossplay whatever I want. I just use two ACE bandages (search in the Binding sticky for any of my posts for tips)
Unread 01-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #6
Sakanoue Ayame
In Android Hell

Thanks all, I had a look at that site and it's brill. I shall just cosplay who I want, I shall still stick to baggier costumes though, because it looks a bit wrong to have a super thin bishie guy cosplayed by a girl with large breasts.... or is that just me?
Unread 01-16-2008, 05:17 PM   #7
BlackieChuu
Cosplay Snob

I'm a 34DD/E, and majority of my costumes are guys. For binding, I use a combination of the sports-tape method that's in the binding thread here - and then an ACE bandage over that. They don't totally go away, but much more convincable.
I mostly cosplay bishie guys, and my best convincing crossplay was 3 years ago at Otakon, when I was Irvine from FFVIII. After a panel, I ran off for a minute to get a picture - and my friend told me that a girl had asked her 'Where'd your Irvine go? He's hot!', and my friend replies 'Ummm... he's a she...'. One of my favorite convention moments, ever ^^

So my point is, there are ways to bind/characters to cosplay that big-breasted girls can do well =)

~Blackie~
BlackieChuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2008, 08:50 PM   #8
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

I be a 40 DD myself...I myself use a combination of a sports bra, and a T-Kingdom binder or other binder designed for us full chested ladies. I will also take into my costumes the fact I am trying to hide this by making the top of the costume slightly looser then I normally would to help with the work on creating the illusion of the male figure. I find by also adjusting the seam allowances of your costume to be slightly looser around the chest helps with the illusion but also give so room for the costume to stay comfortable while you are bound. Don't hesitate to pay a few bucks to get a good binder. Get one thats both durable, and works for your body, but also comfortable. Trust me you thank yourself later. I myself wear a binder when crossplaying for nearly 12-14 hours during the con day, unless I change to a female character, go the rave/dance as a female character or as myself, or when I get ready to turn in for the night. Mine stays quite comfortable.

The Cosplay File for 2015
All subject to change... (and also more then I can list...@_@) UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!
Raiji Magiwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 12:24 AM   #9
shivachan
a little girl dreaming...

I used to think I was large in the chest, but you guys make me feel like my 36D is tiny... ^^;;;

I am bigger than most of my friends though.

When in doubt, though you really can crossplay anyone you want, I find outfits with vests or jackets are really good just because you can hide your chest better underneath them. *shrug*

Cons attending:
Otafest, Animethon, Anime Expo, CCEE

Costumes to work on:
Chie [Persona 4], Linda [Okage],
Ringo [Air Gear], Mamimi [FLCL],
Sakura [Tsubasa], Elizabeth [Persona 4],
Lightning [FFXIII],
shivachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 01:46 AM   #10
Blackjack Gabbi
Merely a Collector

JP from Digimon Frontier is one of my favorite costumes to wear, partially because the bust isn't noticable. I'm not binding or anything in that shot, and I'm a 44D. But JP's rather hefty, so a bit of curve there is acceptable. I suppose larger characters would be easier in that regard.
Blackjack Gabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #11
Gackt_Girl
Behind You

I'm 38 DD, and all I do is crossplay. o_o I actually realize that I pulled off Dr. Jackal from Get Backers off with little binding, whereas my shorter Kougaiji jacket drew attention to the fact that I forgot my ace bandage... I think it's the long, slimming effect of trench coats that draws attention to the entire length of your body. So try long, flowy things. ^^ Men's kimono's are also pretty good with a half-ass binding job.

But that's just suggestions like you asked for. I'm in the group of those that crossplay who I want. :P And it's still fun.
Ao no Exorcist- Shura
Gackt_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #12
Sakanoue Ayame
In Android Hell

Wow Dr Jackal! I never considered anyone could pull him off with double Ds... I suppose the long coat is slimming, probably why there are so many Alucard crossplayers... Hence why the Akatsuki coat is so appealing.
Unread 01-24-2008, 06:37 PM   #13
Luther
A wild LUTHER appeared!

Speaking as someone who's huuuuge (*cries*) I second the binder. It's the only think that's ever held me in at all, and it's really comfy (relatively speaking ) and it actually works! (I'm not totally flat with it, but there's no way I ever can be at this size, and it's close enough for me.) And it's really quick & easy to take on & off (about 30 seconds) which is good if you're switching to a girl costume later in the day or if you're lazy like me. I totally second what Raiji Magiwind said here-- seriously, to make any other method work as well when you're larger-chested will be a big pain, in both senses of the word.

Note, however, that my binder is from T-Kingsdom and closes with a velcro strap on the side, quite different from Underworks' binders; I've heard that getting the Underworks things on over your head is very difficult and can take you 10 minutes or more. My T-Kingdom binder, however, was designed for this purpose and is quite user friendly, or at least the model I got (1300 I believe) is. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here though...

Also I've noticed, when you wear a jacket or vest or something else open in the front, it helps hide a not-quite-flat binding job... But I don't think it's quite as flattering as the trenchcoat thing... That's a neat piece of info, one more reason to wear the things!

But in any case, don't let your chest size restrict who you cosplay! You may have to make slight motifications to things like the fit, but don't let it stop you from cosplaying the characters you really love!

Last edited by Luther : 04-12-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #14
benihime
Kimono Queen

i'm a 38D and i use a vest... thing? ack i can't remember but it's in the binding thread. i paid almost $40 for it but it helps and it helps tuck my tummy in :3

and i wear a sports bra underneath it. it doesn't get me complely fat but i'm a full B after it

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2008, 07:26 PM   #15
Sisshi
Sexy Leg Woman

One of my friends recomends using a tube top and then the ace bandage over the top. The tube top will keep your breasts in place and smooshes them a bit, and the ace bandage will push them down a bit more.

I'm a 40H, so I'm not positive on if this would work or not, but it'll at least make them a bit smaller.
Sisshi is offline   Reply With Quote