Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-03-2015, 03:43 AM   #1
Terrie V Little
T r a u m a

[x] Embarressing Convention/Cosplay Moments

If you're like me, you like to share your embarrassments in order to feel better about them or at least laugh about them with others. Soon enough, you realize the moment isn't as bad as you thought it was. Well, what has been your most embarrassing convention/cosplay moments?

Mine? 2009. My first real large anime convention; I was extremely shy back then and I joined a cosplay mystery game. The scripts were confusing to me but others understood them pretty well. I had to come up with something funny on the spot and I swear I could hear crickets. Either I was too quiet or looked like I had no idea what I was doing.

2015. Ikkicon. I waited 3hrs with my lil sister in a pre-registration line when we could've been in the convention the moment we arrived. The registration booth had no lines. We felt foolish. ;w; The volunteers told us we were in the right line. I even asked "Is this the registration line?" "Yes." I even asked them twice. We felt angry, embarrassed and sad. So my sister started crying when we were told we were in the wrong line. Oh lawdy. Luckily they let us stay in front anway.

So, that's pretty much all I have for embarrassing moments.
Terrie V Little is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-03-2015, 09:00 AM   #2
TitanSlayer000
Eh

UBcon 2014, when I tripped, scraped up my knee, and sent my props flying across the stage in pieces during my skit in the cosplay contest.
Unread 01-03-2015, 10:30 AM   #3
xIkuna

Like 5 years ago I was cosplaying the girl Ciel with the huge dress, first time I ever wore a dress or anything like that and I would constantly trip on the dress and one time I was leaving the courtyard area which has 2 steps leading down the the normal floor and my dress was so big I couldn't see them, so I kept walking like I normally would, missed the steps and completely face planted.

I immediately laughed at myself and still do! Lesson learned: if you are going to do a ball gown, be aware of your surroundings.

Cosplays:
Scarlet Witch- Avengers: Age of Ultron
Laurel Lance (Black Canary)- Arrow

xIkuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2015, 11:08 AM   #4
Terrie V Little
T r a u m a

Exactly why I avoid cosplay dresses. o-o I'm no good in dresses lol Knowing my luck, I'd probably trip and fall flat on my face. ;w;
Unread 01-03-2015, 12:20 PM   #5
netmanx

finished my quarian cosplay just in time for a convention. The armour pieces started to fall off right away, pretty much everything was broken. So much shame and embarrassment felt that day. Since then i trashed that costume and have moved onto bigger and better things. I might return to quarians one day though, i don't in often but when i do it's usually temporary.
netmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2015, 12:52 PM   #6
Cameron1138
Kingslayer

It wasn't that embarrassing since only my friends saw it, but it was quite annoying and frustrating when I broke a prop gun I had made right after getting out of the car when I tried to put it in my holster too fast. Luckily, I was able to get some glue and fix it enough so that I could still get some pictures with it.

In progress: Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier - 15% (on hold); Mal Reynolds (improved) - 15% (on hold); Shay Patrick Cormac - 5%; Mako (Korra) - planning

Future/considering: Daryl Dixon, improved Vash, Edward Kenway, Jacob Frye, Arno Dorian (alt. outfit), Jaime Lannister (season 4/5 red jacket)
Cameron1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2015, 01:14 PM   #7
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

When I spilled cherry coke all over my white shirt while I was cosplay as Squall on the last day of my first con, I screamed "Holy SHIT!! Is this backlash from a dead party member or something!!" The people around me thought it was funny, and it made me less embarrassed about spilling on myself like a damn child..
-Peach (Super Smash bros 3DS)
-Gohan (DBZ, Cell Saga, Either SSJ1 or SSJ2)
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2015, 01:28 PM   #8
BendyGordon
Bendy_Benz

I couldn't get my helmet off when I was on the Pop Asia stage at MCM last year that was pretty embarrassing.
It finally came off but I nearly ripped my elf ears off.
Twitter - @Bendy_Benz
Blog - Bendybenz.blogspot.com
BendyGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2015, 01:29 PM   #9
MissBeckyRae
Welcome to My World...

I haven't been to many cons yet but I think getting horrendously drunk at NDK NYE was probably the most embarrassing thing ever, especially because I begged my boyfriend to dance with me when I went back downstairs into the ballroom and I almost dragged him down with me a few times.

Animeland Wasabicon 2015: Human Luna (Sailor Moon)
NDK 2015: Human Luna (Sailor Moon)
Fem!France (Hetalia)
Either Rarity (MLP) or Fem!Houka Inumuta (Kill La Kill)

All my cosplay/randomness goes here:
http://americandreamgirl98.deviantart.com/
MissBeckyRae is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2015, 03:16 PM   #10
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

I accidentally flashed the attendees of Tora-con once. My Mey-Rin costume has a circle skirt, and I twirled onstage... Luckily I was wearing clean underthings and anime con attendees tend to be accepting of getting to see a maid's panties.
Possible Future Cosplay: MEIKO ver. Lorelei (Vocaloid), Spellcheck (Microsoft Word), Meryl Stryfe (Trigun), the Mangle (Five Nights at Freddy's), Lord Cutler Beckett (Pirates of the Caribbean), Freddie Lounds (NBC Hannibal)

For cosplay photos and selfies, please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2015, 03:19 PM   #11
xIkuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruttaKanashii View Post
I accidentally flashed the attendees of Tora-con once. My Mey-Rin costume has a circle skirt, and I twirled onstage... Luckily I was wearing clean underthings and anime con attendees tend to be accepting of getting to see a maid's panties.
Oh man I've seen so many girls' underwear because of twirling haha! Whenever that happens I always scream internally "why aren't you wearing shorts underneath instead!!!???"

Cosplays:
Scarlet Witch- Avengers: Age of Ultron
Laurel Lance (Black Canary)- Arrow

xIkuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2015, 05:16 PM   #12
Jigouku Chou
Survival Horror Addict

Back in 2011 during a cosplay contest the cut my music off too soon, so I just kind of stopped and stood there like a deer in the headlights. What's worse, my wig kept getting in my face, so I probably looked like an idiot, pushing it out of my eyes every five seconds. It was so embarrassing!
Kingdom Hearts 1: Aerith

NDK 2015:
Rose of Versailles: Oscar Francois de Jarjeyes (Takarazuka ver.)
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt: Panty (Transformation ver.)
Jigouku Chou is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #13
Terrie V Little
T r a u m a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigouku Chou View Post
Back in 2011 during a cosplay contest the cut my music off too soon, so I just kind of stopped and stood there like a deer in the headlights. What's worse, my wig kept getting in my face, so I probably looked like an idiot, pushing it out of my eyes every five seconds. It was so embarrassing!

I saw this happen to a few cosplayers at the cons I go to. It's no big deal, it happens. Most of us are more focused on the technical difficulties instead of the cosplayer at the time it happens.
Unread 01-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #14
SigfriedWild

In my Rail tracer cosplay last Anime USA, I performed a roll on the ground to show off and be in character. Unfortunately, my pants were a bit too small for my size. While they were fine for standing and walking, I found out the hard way acrobatics were out of the question when my pants ripped at the crotch. :/
Unread 01-06-2015, 03:17 PM   #15
Syon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIkuna View Post
Oh man I've seen so many girls' underwear because of twirling haha! Whenever that happens I always scream internally "why aren't you wearing shorts underneath instead!!!???"
Shorts are kind of a statement like you expected to lift up your skirt at some point. Its not that bad to run around in panties at a con. That black stuff beneath the two fabric pieces hanging down on my Whitemane cosplay is basically exactly that: black panties with thights. Funny...if you think about it the less fabric you have to cover them, the less people will notice its not more than underwear.

The only embarrasing thing that I happened to me at a con, was at Blizzcon. I had spend most of the day inside the convention hall, which had a pretty strong air condition, much stronger than I'm used to in Germany. Outside the convention center were around 32C° and when I stepped outside and walked to the food trucks to get some lunch, it didn't take long for me to feel dizzy and my legs getting weak. I had to lay down next to one of the food trucks, which wasn't easy, because I was wearing armor, including a breastplate, at that time. Even if I didn't felt well and I had friends with me...god it felt so embarrassing to lay down like an awkward kind of turtle next to some strangers.

Last edited by Syon : 01-06-2015 at 03:25 PM.
Syon is offline   Reply With Quote